Is "Government" an Obsolete Concept?

It's really easy to complain mindlessly about governments but there are a few salient facts that remain:
  1. Humans form governments, it's what we do, whether it's in the family, the neighborhood, or the region;
  2. Out of every say, thousand people 999 are just fine & mind their own business --that other person will try & kill the other 999 & we need to protect ourselves by joining in maintaining order, aka government;
  3. It's horrible to live in an area where the government disappears because when it does there's mass looting/chaos & in a short time (a week or so) the majority reasserts itself forming an ad hoc government.
I have 2 friends in Panama, one on an island on the gulf. He made a bar called the pickled parrot.

Good points in your post

Government is what we make of it. Tying to tear down the whole thing seems to be the answer to those who don't want to do the hard work of fixing things and cleaning up messes.
Where did you get the idea i wanted to "tear down the whole thing"?

Government is a necessary evil and we need to treat it as such

The plutocracy has too much influence but they do not have total control. It's not for lack of trying. All the tools and levers to rebalance the equation are just sitting there waiting to be used. Getting rid of the government would only remove the very rich from any obligation under the law not to harmfully exploit the people and the earth.
You eventually will come to the conclusion government IS the problem. Government and the oligarchy/Plutocracy are one. As such, government IS the oligarchy/Plutocracy.

It is possible to have good government, but we won’t see in the US under the current set up.

You eventually will come to the conclusion government IS the problem. Government and the oligarchy/Plutocracy are one. As such, government IS the oligarchy/Plutocracy.

It is possible to have good government, but we won’t see in the US under the current set up.
Blanket statements like "the government is the problem" lets a lot of terrible people off the hook.

Who are these people?
Lobbyists for one. As you attack the government for it's actions do you ever think about the people who's job is to bribe and cajole the government? Just getting a handle on that shit would solve most of the things you bitch about.

Is this an effort to justify all the harm committed by government?
lol --where did I say anything could possibly "justify" anything? What I said is that governments is what people do; whether people are good or bad ought to be brought up on some other thread.

Where did you get the idea i wanted to "tear down the whole thing"?

Government is a necessary evil and we need to treat it as such
Hmmm. I'm trying to figure out how anything that's "necessary" could possibly be "evil"...

Lobbyists for one. As you attack the government for it's actions do you ever think about the people who's job is to bribe and cajole the government? Just getting a handle on that shit would solve most of the things you bitch about.
Oh please stop. You’re just tinkering around the edges trying to convince yourself our corrupt criminal government is a force for good and a impediment to elitist power. It’s neither.

lol --where did I say anything could possibly "justify" anything? What I said is that governments is what people do; whether people are good or bad ought to be brought up on some other thread.
Good government is about as rare as a good billionaire.

Oh please stop. You’re just tinkering around the edges trying to convince yourself our corrupt criminal government is a force for good and a impediment to elitist power. It’s neither.
A government is a reflection of it's citizens. Americans are eager to sell out and are entirely materialistic. We have the government we deserve and it will never get any better because you and everyone else is too lazy to do anything besides bitch.

A government is a reflection of it's citizens. Americans are eager to sell out and are entirely materialistic. We have the government we deserve and it will never get any better because you and everyone else is too lazy to do anything besides bitch.
Fuck that noise....You can't blame shit stains like Xiden, Peloski, McTurtle, the Bushes, etcetera on everybody else.

I know that’s common knowledge, but I’ve never accepted it. We don’t want a government of by and for the rich, but that’s exactly what we have. Americans desperately want to believe they have some authority or control over their government. They don’t.

I know that’s common knowledge, but I’ve never accepted it. We don’t want a government of by and for the rich, but that’s exactly what we have. Americans desperately want to believe they have some authority or control over their government. They don’t.
Governments are always comprised of toadies serving the elites. It used to be much better before people started demanding that politicians be "business friendly". Then they go to Washington and give away the store to big business. Maybe the biggest lie in politics is that what is good for the multinational conglomerates is good for Main street.

Nope government is fine. We have seen it work in America. And it works great if you let it do what it's designed to do and how it's setup.

The problem is it's like driving a car that is designed to work a certain. But you have too many people in the car wanting to shift gears, brake, hit the gas, pull the e brake, and basically do everything you all at once for their own desires without stopping to think what needs to be done for all the people in the car. So they blow the engine, strip the gears, throw a rod through the oil pan, let it run out of gas and fuck up the whole and now everyone in the car is fucked.

When if they let one person drive the car that knows what to do, where to go, follows the traffic laws, is a good driver so all the passengers are safe, and keeps all the noisy kids in the back under control then everything runs smoothly.

But currently we have too many people who all want to do what they want with america and then it turns to garbage because no one wants what's good for the nation. They want what's good for themselves or good for the party.

GubmintPiss.jpg

Forum List

Back