Is God gender fluid?

So why would god make evil if He didn't want anything to be that? And cancer, and deformed babies? Why make all this bad stuff in the first place?
I don't think what I wrote sunk in with you. You might try reading it again. My assessment: You may be pursuing the wrong questions, kind of like people who want gold, hear that it is found in streams and then go searching for streams, overlooking the obvious of why gold is in streams in the first place.

Your questions tell me that you want to know about cancer and deformed babies. Science can inform you on both. One of the amazing things you may discover about cancer, that without cancer it is doubtful humans would exist. If you want to know about God instead of cancer and deformed babies, then learn to know Him.
So why did god make evil if he didn’t want anyone to be evil?

So why would god make evil if He didn't want anything to be that? And cancer, and deformed babies? Why make all this bad stuff in the first place?
I don't think what I wrote sunk in with you. You might try reading it again. My assessment: You may be pursuing the wrong questions, kind of like people who want gold, hear that it is found in streams and then go searching for streams, overlooking the obvious of why gold is in streams in the first place.

Your questions tell me that you want to know about cancer and deformed babies. Science can inform you on both. One of the amazing things you may discover about cancer, that without cancer it is doubtful humans would exist. If you want to know about God instead of cancer and deformed babies, then learn to know Him.

Is evil a social construct, or a basic reality?

What do you consider "evil"?
Another perspective: Money is neither good or bad. Some fathers use money to feed, clothe, and shelter their family. Others may gamble it away, leaving their family hurting and in poverty. Why do some fathers do this? Do you feel a higher power should step in and prevent it?

My opinion is it is a basic reality. Let's start with any basic choice. One can choose the ideal, or settle for something less than the ideal. Somewhere down the scale, "less than ideal" does dissolve into true evil.

It's part of nature.

What do you consider "evil"?
Another perspective: Money is neither good or bad. Some fathers use money to feed, clothe, and shelter their family. Others may gamble it away, leaving their family hurting and in poverty. Why do some fathers do this? Do you feel a higher power should step in and prevent it?
They arrested a guy recently who had told his friend that he wanted to go out and rape and kill a woman. Then he went out and killed a woman.

That's evil.

“What if evil doesn't really exist? What if evil is something dreamed up by man, and there is nothing to struggle against except out own limitations? The constant battle between our will, our desires, and our choices?”

― Libba Bray, Rebel Angels

So why did god make a universe with that shit in it?
I am thinking you did not go back and re-read my original post on this. So let's try this final approach. Gold is one of the elements found on earth, as is oxygen. Yet people are greedy for gold, to the point of stealing and murdering to attain it. Is gold evil? Is your argument, "God should never have made gold?"

So why did god make a universe with that shit in it?
I am thinking you did not go back and re-read my original post on this. So let's try this final approach. Gold is one of the elements found on earth, as is oxygen. Yet people are greedy for gold, to the point of stealing and murdering to attain it. Is gold evil? Is your argument, "God should never have made gold?"
No, God shouldn't have allowed evil to exist. So why did he? And what's so hard to understand?

No, God shouldn't have allowed evil to exist. So why did he? And what's so hard to understand?
Did you get the point that anything can be used for good or for evil? Why do humans choose to use things for evil? This is not about God. It is about us. We have a good world. Why do we use it for evil and bring evil into it?

I already pointed out that you see cancer as an evil, yet creation sees it as something good and necessary. You see a deformed baby as imperfect, yet God loves it, imperfections and all. Work with handicapped kids someday, and I'll bet you will be able to discern exactly why they are so lovable.

Did you get the point that anything can be used for good or for evil? Why do humans choose to use things for evil? This is not about God. It is about us. We have a good world. Why do we use it for evil and bring evil into it?

I already pointed out that you see cancer as an evil, yet creation sees it as something good and necessary. You see a deformed baby as imperfect, yet God loves it, imperfections and all. Work with handicapped kids someday, and I'll bet you will be able to discern exactly why they are so lovable.
God made evil exist. God's creation was made with evil in it. I'm asking why?

It seems that Justin Trudeau thinks the the human race is gender fluid.

Mankind = humankind.
Humankind is a much more accurate term for the entire human race. It isn't just "men."

One could take that concept to extremities.

Perhaps starting with the Statue of Liberty.

Mankind is just a term, I never even thought of as a particularly male encompassing domain.

Well, just remember who ate that apple. Ahem. Atom was doing just fine messing around minding his own business, he was probly sitting on a rock wittling a stick or something, and next thing he knows, he's up the crick without a paddle.

Mankind = humankind.
Humankind is a much more accurate term for the entire human race. It isn't just "men."

Mankind is just a term, I never even thought of as a particularly male encompassing domain.
The Statue of Liberty has nothing to do with it. "She" is Lady Liberty, and the model was the sculptor's mother.

Mankind = humankind.

The Statue of Liberty has nothing to do with it. "She" is Lady Liberty, and the model was the sculptor's mother.

In other words a female?

Can't have that. We need to be more inclusive.

Mankind = humankind.

In other words a female?

Can't have that. We need to be more inclusive.
No, it doesn't. It is a bad comparison and makes no sense.

Forum List

Back