Is Donald Trump a Fascist

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Is Donald Trump a Fascist?

1. Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe. The first fascist movements emerged in Italy during World War I, before it spread to other European countries. Opposed to liberalism, Marxism, and anarchism, fascism is usually placed on the far-right within the traditional left–right spectrum.
  2. Roger Griffin describes fascism as "a genus of political ideology whose mythic core in its various permutations is a palingenetic form of populist ultra-nationalism".[29] Griffin describes the ideology as having three core components: "(i) the rebirth myth, (ii) populist ultra-nationalism and (iii) the myth of decadence".[30] Fascism is "a genuinely revolutionary, trans-class form of anti-liberal, and in the last analysis, anti-conservative nationalism" built on a complex range of theoretical and cultural influences
authoritarian nationalism, opposed to liberalism, populist ultra-nationalism-sounds like Trump to me.

1. Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe. The first fascist movements emerged in Italy during World War I, before it spread to other European countries. Opposed to liberalism, Marxism, and anarchism, fascism is usually placed on the far-right within the traditional left–right spectrum.
  2. Roger Griffin describes fascism as "a genus of political ideology whose mythic core in its various permutations is a palingenetic form of populist ultra-nationalism".[29] Griffin describes the ideology as having three core components: "(i) the rebirth myth, (ii) populist ultra-nationalism and (iii) the myth of decadence".[30] Fascism is "a genuinely revolutionary, trans-class form of anti-liberal, and in the last analysis, anti-conservative nationalism" built on a complex range of theoretical and cultural influences
authoritarian nationalism, opposed to liberalism, populist ultra-nationalism-sounds like Trump to me.
I expected Trumpsters to argue they are not fascists but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck; it is a duck.

Don't give us the Leftard Google bullshit definition.

Definition of fascism
  1. 1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
Definition of FASCISM

Now who is running around using race and rioting for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader that forcibly suppresses opposition?

Yeah, Democrats.

There are several types of Fascism... Think the warm and fuzzy Fascism like in Demolition Man... "Be well!" "What is your boggle?" "All restaurants are Taco Bell."

There is also the hard suppressive Fascism like in V for Vendetta.

Basically, Fascism is total control by those in power. It can have many faces.

16406581_1650344298325552_8631184401656042036_n.jpg

Don't give us the Leftard Google bullshit definition.

Definition of fascism
  1. 1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
Definition of FASCISM

Now who is running around using race and rioting for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader that forcibly suppresses opposition?

Yeah, Democrats.
Let's examine the Webster's definition
Political philosophy that exalts nation - Trump/Bannon - nationalism
Racism? The white supremacists celebrated Trumps victory. Equal rights for all races is the opposite of fascism.
social and economic regimentation - forcing US companies to manufacturer in the US, no gay marriage, no reproductive choice - all social and economic regimentation
Forcible suppresses opposition - Trump defines the media as his main opposition and he is doing everything he can to suppress them by not giving them access and telling citizens not to believe them.

I will say the dictionary definition describes Trump.

There are several types of Fascism... Think the warm and fuzzy Fascism like in Demolition Man... "Be well!" "What is your boggle?" "All restaurants are Taco Bell."

There is also the hard suppressive Fascism like in V for Vendetta.

Basically, Fascism is total control by those in power. It can have many faces.
Trump is trying to gain more power than any President by ignoring and demeaning the other two branches of government; judicial and legislative. The founding fathers put in the three branches so one branch, particularly the executive branch, could not have too much power. Trump is trying to do away with checks and balances. He cannot do everything he wants if he has to answer to the two other branches.

Forum List

Back