Is Christianity Divisive?

? and your point is ?
Your thread is proof Christianity is divisive.
Typical,someones opinion,make the whole mime true,in your mind,ya that rational all right.
Christianity is the best thing that has ever hit mankind,christian churches and organisations,do more for people than the Gov ever thought or is capable of. Churches work together,Protestant/catholic organize all matter of charities food banks on down the line.Christ taught love and cooperation,not division.Something that is willfully ignored by so many,above poster included.
Life is simple if you let it be,you don't have to believe in Christ,but if you live what he taught life is much better and your a better person for it.

? and your point is ?
Your thread is proof Christianity is divisive.
Typical,someones opinion,make the whole mime true,in your mind,ya that rational all right.
Christianity is the best thing that has ever hit mankind,christian churches and organisations,do more for people than the Gov ever thought or is capable of. Churches work together,Protestant/catholic organize all matter of charities food banks on down the line.Christ taught love and cooperation,not division.Something that is willfully ignored by so many,above poster included.
Life is simple if you let it be,you don't have to believe in Christ,but if you live what he taught life is much better and your a better person for it.

Christ certainly taught love......God, Neighbor, enemy.......but His very Gospel divides good from evil, truth from lies, eternal life from eternal death. That is a clear divide that Jesus taught. Nothing wrong or negative about it, just the opposite. Jesus came that all men might receive eternal life, but that choice is theirs. Reading the OP should make this clear for believers. And reading the Scriptures provided support the OP as well.

God even love those who deny Him, but they will have to stand before the Judgment seat to answer for their unbelief. The wheat and the chaff Scripture comes first to mind. Christianity must be divisive to reveal the Truth that Jesus Christ is THE ONLY WAY. Otherwise, the "all paths lead to heaven" folks would have an argument to make.

1 Peter 2:6 .) Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 .) Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 .) And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 .) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
10 .) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Chosen, set apart, a peculiar people, a holy nation, children of God, heirs to the Promise, saved, sanctified, justified, called and more.........does that help?

The short answer is Yes.

Jesus said: He who is not for us, is against us. And, I am the way the truth and the life….no man comes unto the Father except by me.

His Gospel makes it quite clear that there is only One Way to eternal life/salvation, and that is through believing in Him. Yes, that is divisive, and it does away with any notion of an “all paths lead to heaven” ideology. According to His Gospel, there are only two types of people in this world, disciples of Christ, and those who deny Him. However, the choice is there for any and all to make. To follow Him, or not to follow Him, and every person that has ever lived must make that choice.

The Apostle Paul, in his Epistle to the Corinthians said:

1 Corinthians 1:17 .) For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.18 .) For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.19 .) For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.20 .) Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?21 .) For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.22 .) For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:23 .) But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;24 .) But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.25 .) Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.26 .) For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:27 .) But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;28 .) And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:29 .) That no flesh should glory in his presence.30 .) But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:31 .) That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Jesus started a single religion--unified in all thought-1Cor 1:10) peace, love and unity.
Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided will not stand= trinity based confusion. all of them can be thrown out--God never was a trinity--the true one remains.
The Israelites served a single being mono God named YHVH(Jehovah) 100% fact--as well this the God, Jesus went to serve in the synagogues his first 30 years. His God--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--- John 4:22-24= YHVH(Jehovah)

Chosen, set apart, a peculiar people, a holy nation, children of God, heirs to the Promise, saved, sanctified, justified, called and more.........does that help?

Nope. Christians are completely integrated into our society. Not divisive at all.

The short answer is Yes.

Jesus said: He who is not for us, is against us. And, I am the way the truth and the life….no man comes unto the Father except by me.

His Gospel makes it quite clear that there is only One Way to eternal life/salvation, and that is through believing in Him. Yes, that is divisive, and it does away with any notion of an “all paths lead to heaven” ideology. According to His Gospel, there are only two types of people in this world, disciples of Christ, and those who deny Him. However, the choice is there for any and all to make. To follow Him, or not to follow Him, and every person that has ever lived must make that choice.

1 Corinthians 1:17 .) For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.18 .) For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.19 .) For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.20 .) Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?21 .) For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.22 .) For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:23 .) But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;24 .) But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.25 .) Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.26 .) For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:27 .) But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;28 .) And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:29 .) That no flesh should glory in his presence.30 .) But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:31 .) That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

The short answer is Yes.

About 41,000 Christian denominations. Divisive? No what makes you think that? :)
Some Christians are divisive and some are not.
Too many Christians are divisive. Too many members of every organized religion are divisive.
Every man and woman is human and are flawed. Every human makes mistakes. Individuals within religions become divisive when they feel they are divine and know all. All faith should be humble.

Nope. Christians are completely integrated into our society. Not divisive at all.

That is so funny, no concept whatsoever of the Christian Faith. But, hey, that's ok, it is your right to remain uneducated.

Some Christians are divisive and some are not.
Too many Christians are divisive. Too many members of every organized religion are divisive.
Every man and woman is human and are flawed. Every human makes mistakes. Individuals within religions become divisive when they feel they are divine and know all. All faith should be humble.

Reading this comment, there are two options to consider:
1) You did not read the OP and/or the Scriptures I provided.
2) You did not understand the OP and/or the Scriptures provided.

Please give your explanation/interpretation for the Scriptures I provided. No mention of Christians being divisive. If you have any understanding of the Gospel of Christ, you would understand this. To follow your logic, one would have to believe that Christ came to teach the world: "Hey, believe in me or not, don't matter, 'cause God loves you and you are all gonna go to Heaven anyway."

1 John2:18 .) Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 .) They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
20 .) But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
21 .) I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
22 .) Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
23 .) Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
24 .) Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
25 .) And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

1 John 4:2 .) Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 .) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4 .) Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
5 .) They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6 .) We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

That is so funny, no concept whatsoever of the Christian Faith. But, hey, that's ok, it is your right to remain uneducated.

You can call yourself a rebel, but if you wear a grey suit with a white shirt and red tie, go to the office every day, come home and sit in front of the tv until bed time, you have a hard time selling it.

You can call yourself a rebel, but if you wear a grey suit with a white shirt and red tie, go to the office every day, come home and sit in front of the tv until bed time, you have a hard time selling it.

The problem is you do not comprehend that all I am speaking of is on a spiritual level. Not on a carnal level. That is why unbelievers are not able to grasp the true meaning of Scriptures. They have no concept of the spirituality of the Christian Faith. We, who are disciples of Jesus Christ, are not "of" the world, even though we are "in" the world.

Scripture states that God is a Spirit, and those that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth. This concept is lost on the unbeliever.

God bless and keep you and yours

Well Christianity as it is practiced today can certainly be divisive but I think that has more to do with the practitioners than Christianity itself. Paul could certainly be perceived as divisive and it is Paul that really matters since modern Christianity comes from Paul and not Jesus. The gospels were probably influenced by Paul, to some degree at least. Especially John which is quite different from the synoptic gospels so it is not surprising that the depiction of Jesus in John would be more in line with Paul's beliefs.

I suppose I would say that Christianity can be divisive. Paul could be interpreted as being divisive. Whether Jesus Himself was is anyone's guess, but I would lean toward no.

The problem is you do not comprehend that all I am speaking of is on a spiritual level. Not on a carnal level. That is why unbelievers are not able to grasp the true meaning of Scriptures. They have no concept of the spirituality of the Christian Faith. We, who are disciples of Jesus Christ, are not "of" the world, even though we are "in" the world.

Scripture states that God is a Spirit, and those that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth. This concept is lost on the unbeliever.

God bless and keep you and yours

Well, I certainly qualify as an unbeliever when it comes to Christianity. That is true. So we are in agreement then that, in the world, Christianity is not divisive. I won't question whether or not it is in the spirit. I admit to not getting it. In Buddhism spirituality is unity. If it is divisive you are doing it wrong. We all see it our own way.

Denominations are not a division over the message of salvation. The message of salvation is somehow governed by something like the Apostle's Creed (it's good enough to set the mark). Denominations mostly divide over rather the knowledge part of the Bible, say POV on pre-destination. It is said in Daniel that humans will seek knowledge when end time comes. God thus allow divisions over the 60 billion unique human brains but without distorting the message of salvation.

So strictly speaking, if the message of salvation is distorted it shouldn't be counted as a denomination. It is a heresy instead. That is, divisions without distorting the message of salvation (such that humans can still be saved no matter what denomination he adapted) are denominations. Divisions have the message of salvation distorted, they are heresies (humans adapted a heresy may not be savable).

Daniel 12:4 (NIV)
But you, Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.

Last edited:
Well Christianity as it is practiced today can certainly be divisive but I think that has more to do with the practitioners than Christianity itself. Paul could certainly be perceived as divisive and it is Paul that really matters since modern Christianity comes from Paul and not Jesus. The gospels were probably influenced by Paul, to some degree at least. Especially John which is quite different from the synoptic gospels so it is not surprising that the depiction of Jesus in John would be more in line with Paul's beliefs.

I suppose I would say that Christianity can be divisive. Paul could be interpreted as being divisive. Whether Jesus Himself was is anyone's guess, but I would lean toward no.

Again, no true understanding of Scripture........Paul himself said more than once that he preached the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Christianity does not come from Paul, but if you want to be deceived into thinking it does, then that is your right.

Forum List

Back