Is Biden obligated to debate Trump?

Biden has already agreed to three debates

It is Trump we worry about showing up
Trumpoholics are following commands from Trump and assisting him in trying to derail the debates. He is terrified of debating Biden. Trump's evasions, deflections, misinformation, and lies will we under a bright spotlight for all to see.

More conspiracy theory, why don't you let Biden talk for himself and stop play ventriloquist?
Biden says he will debate Trump, vows to fact-check

Will he have the left-checkers from Politfraud coaching him through and earbud?

This the problem the Trump supporters got... They hate facts..

There answer was first to use 'Alternative Facts' but they were laughed at so badly they have gone on a propaganda campaign against fact checkers (even though a lot have origins with Republicans...). Factheck.org was set up by Walter Annenberg a close friend of the Reagans...

There is nothing to suggest that Biden will refuse to debate trump, so where does this thread come from?

Let us all insist that these debates be conducted according to the traditional rules of debate, with time limits that are strictly enforced, a requirement that each candidate remain behind his lectern at all times, that personal attacks be prohibited, and that the candidates be prohibited from addressing each other directly.

He signed off on 3 debates, so i think he is obligated to do them.... if Trump signed off on those three debates, then he too is obligated to do them.

Is it a constitutional requirement, to become president, no!

Question should be, Will Trump turn up to any more debates after he gets his ass handed to him after the first one...

It very possible that he will throw the toys out of the pram, claim everyone is against him, claim victory and blame everyone... Biden is a well proven debater, Trump never really won a one on one debate in his life. HE lost all three to Hillary but the expectations were so low that because he didn't drop his trousers and walk around sucking his thumb, it was considered a success...

There is nothing to suggest that Biden will refuse to debate trump, so where does this thread come from?

Let us all insist that these debates be conducted according to the traditional rules of debate, with time limits that are strictly enforced, a requirement that each candidate remain behind his lectern at all times, that personal attacks be prohibited, and that the candidates be prohibited from addressing each other directly.

I think the Biden team want a level of integrity where Trump will be fact checked and can't run off to fantasy land.. The Trump team want no factchecking and the looses rules possible because the only chance they got of winning is an insult roaring match

I think the Biden team want a level of integrity where Trump will be fact checked and can't run off to fantasy land.. The Trump team want no factchecking and the looses rules possible because the only chance they got of winning is an insult roaring match
That wont work in real time unless someone interrupts Drumpfs bullshit immediately and fact checks him.

That wont work in real time unless someone interrupts Drumpfs bullshit immediately and fact checks him.

Debates have usually got topics and it is reasonable for well school political moderator to know the facts...
I have seen debates in UK and Ireland and moderators would simply pull the candidate back explain how they are wrong. They get opportunity to say they misspoke or correct themselves, if not the moderator will say how can give a credible opinion when you don't know the facts. So everything the say from then on the subject is dismissed as ranting of a clown. So have your facts straight...

Debates have usually got topics and it is reasonable for well school political moderator to know the facts...
I have seen debates in UK and Ireland and moderators would simply pull the candidate back explain how they are wrong. They get opportunity to say they misspoke or correct themselves, if not the moderator will say how can give a credible opinion when you don't know the facts. So everything the say from then on the subject is dismissed as ranting of a clown. So have your facts straight...

Interesting! Good rules. The moderator(s) must maintain order, including enforcing time limits. I don't want to see any more stalking the other candidate around the stage, interrupting the other candidate, addressing the other candidate directly, or talking over the other candidate whose turn it is to speak. I like the idea of the moderator confronting a candidate about something he said that is false, and giving the candidate an opportunity to correct himself.

I havent watch a ton of debates but every single one I have watched the participants get away with not answering the question or lying about it. The fact checking afterwards is too late. This is in reference to presidential debates.

Would you vote for a candidate who was too much of a pussy to debate?

How could he handle negotiations with russia or china?

Would you vote for a candidate who was too much of a pussy to debate?

How could he handle negotiations with russia or china?
"Would you vote for a candidate who was too much of a pussy to debate? "

Who told you someone that wouldnt debate was being a pussy? Maybe the candidate doesnt want to participate in a clown show.

You voted for Trump in the Republican Primary, and he did exactly that, didnt sh o w up for a primary debate.

Yup...he held his own TRUMP rally & destroyed the ratings for the fox news debate :laughing0301:

Trump30.jpg

Or can he send his VP as substitue? Has ANY person running for potus ever sent in a VP to do it for him? And is it mandatory for him to debate or can he pass the buck as I think his handlers plan to do?
Biden will crash and burn in the polls if he won’t debate

Biden ducking the debates would only invite a category 10 mockery response from Trump who has the bully pulpit to pummel Biden with daily. It would be both hilarious and a disaster for Biden.

Forum List

Back