Is Biden obligated to debate Trump?

Or can he send his VP as substitue? Has ANY person running for potus ever sent in a VP to do it for him? And is it mandatory for him to debate or can he pass the buck as I think his handlers plan to do?

Willie Brown's little love muffin should debate Trump. She's running for president, not Beijing Biden.

No obligation, but if Biden ducks the debates his campaign is over.

Agreed, no constitutional requirements regarding campaigning, hell candidates didn't actually campaign themselves until the mid 1800's.

However not debating Trump would be seen as a dodge on the part of Biden.

And if Biden doesn't debate, why would Harris debate?

Or can he send his VP as substitue? Has ANY person running for potus ever sent in a VP to do it for him? And is it mandatory for him to debate or can he pass the buck as I think his handlers plan to do?

Biden will debate. Although I think Trump is by far the superior candidate, Biden will be ready. Take nothing for granted.

Well, baseball has pinch hitters and pinch runners.

Of course, Trump could send Melania to debate Kamala....

Why should he debate a liar and a grifter who "debates" by personally attacking his opponent rather than honestly discussing the issues? Nah.

Biden’s campaign is over if he doesn’t debate. Biden’s campaign is over the moment he does debate.
There is nothing saying that Biden has to debate but if he doesn’t the only people that will be voting for him is the extreme hardcore. Chances are a number of Bernies people are not voting for him any way, more moderate dems are not voting for him and independents will not be.

Why should he debate a liar and a grifter who "debates" by personally attacking his opponent rather than honestly discussing the issues? Nah.
Because if he doesn't, he's finished. If he can't even handle an American opponent, there's no way he can handle hostile heads of foreign states.

More conspiracy theory, why don't you let Biden talk for himself and stop play ventriloquist?
Biden says he will debate Trump, vows to fact-check

The optics of this debate mess works against Bidum no matter which way it goes.

Could it be they are just trying to lower expectations to the point where him just showing up to 1 debate can be spun as a "victory" for Biden?

They can try to lower expectations but the confusion created by the mixed message will create more problems for Bidum.

Every damn day there is a thread on this subject, why because the echo chamber is reiterated by ditto heads that want to supply you with a false narrative thinking they can win by lying.
Or it is to inflate their empty egos with Trumptardness.

Biden’s campaign is over if he doesn’t debate. Biden’s campaign is over the moment he does debate.
There is nothing saying that Biden has to debate but if he doesn’t the only people that will be voting for him is the extreme hardcore. Chances are a number of Bernies people are not voting for him any way, more moderate dems are not voting for him and independents will not be.
Did you figure this out all by yourself? Wow. A true genius amidst a bunch of trump uneducated masses.

Well, because Beijing Biden is his opponent. Sure, neither Biden nor any democrat is capable of honesty - but the president still must debate Quid Pro Rapey Joe.

No one should debate. They never answer the fucking questions anyway and no one points it out.

Question: "The sky is turning yellow. What do you plan to do about it?"

Answer: "OK look. We done very wonderful....even amazing things in the sky. Why just the other day a bird was telling me the sky was clutter free. My opponent on the other hand would like to give hunters license to shoot the bird down in order to save the cornfields."

More conspiracy theory, why don't you let Biden talk for himself and stop play ventriloquist?
Biden says he will debate Trump, vows to fact-check

Will he have the left-checkers from Politfraud coaching him through and earbud?

Forum List

Back