Is Biden obligated to debate Trump?

Or can he send his VP as substitue? Has ANY person running for potus ever sent in a VP to do it for him? And is it mandatory for him to debate or can he pass the buck as I think his handlers plan to do?
If you've got a debate scheduled and only one guy shows up...it doesn't say much for the other guy...just saying...
True. However, if the debate is taken off the schedule and only one guy shows up, then his mental faculties come into question.
The only thing that brings into question is the fitness of the candidate who bowed out, Bobob! You can try and spin this all you want but it still looks bad for Biden! His own supporters don't trust him to speak in public. That's an awful optic!
No, I don't think that it has to do with fitness. If one candidate comes to debate and the other comes to insult and spend his time overstating his accomplishments rather than debate the issues, what is the point of debate?
My view is that it will be a repeat of the Republican debate which was a waste of time.

Or can he send his VP as substitue? Has ANY person running for potus ever sent in a VP to do it for him? And is it mandatory for him to debate or can he pass the buck as I think his handlers plan to do?
If you've got a debate scheduled and only one guy shows up...it doesn't say much for the other guy...just saying...
True. However, if the debate is taken off the schedule and only one guy shows up, then his mental faculties come into question.
The only thing that brings into question is the fitness of the candidate who bowed out, Bobob! You can try and spin this all you want but it still looks bad for Biden! His own supporters don't trust him to speak in public. That's an awful optic!
No, I don't think that it has to do with fitness. If one candidate comes to debate and the other comes to insult and spend his time overstating his accomplishments rather than debate the issues, what is the point of debate?
My view is that it will be a repeat of the Republican debate which was a waste of time.
The point of debate is to show you can handle questions, Bobob! The reason that the Democrats don't want Biden to debate isn't because they think Trump will insult his opponent...it's because they don't think Biden can handle the questions that will be put to him. That's significant!

This pretty much sums it up.
EgnvQ1qWkAEafYC

More important the Senate report shows that the Trump Campaign in 2016 gave information to the Russians and got help in return...
That is coordination with a foreign power to help their campaign. This is illegal.

No it doesn't.

The ONLY ones to get help from Russia were Obama/Clinton with the fraudulent Steele Dossier.

The Inquisition found nothing and the Senate found even less. You Communists and your absurd conspiracy theories would be funny if you weren't waging war against my country.

Now you are a foreign national and have no say in what happens in America - so screw off.

The point of debate is to show you can handle questions, Bobob! The reason that the Democrats don't want Biden to debate isn't because they think Trump will insult his opponent...it's because they don't think Biden can handle the questions that will be put to him. That's significant!
And that is not the case. Trump has shown that he answers questions with fabrications and insults, and that is the reason that I don't think Biden should waste his time. The Trump minions love and accept his fabrications and insults.

This pretty much sums it up.
EgnvQ1qWkAEafYC
If I was a female, I wouldn't want to fuck either of 'em. Biden's is shriveled and trump probably has venereal
disease.

And that is not the case. Trump has shown that he answers questions with fabrications and insults, and that is the reason that I don't think Biden should waste his time. The Trump minions love and accept his fabrications and insults.
This whole narrative that Biden shouldn't debate Trump because Trump lies and says nasty things is laughable, Bobob! If you think Trump isn't telling the truth...then stand on that stage and tell the American people WHY he isn't telling the truth! That's what a debate IS! To claim that you won't debate the other person because he's going to say things you don't agree with? That's nonsensical! If you agreed on things then why have a debate at all?

Bottom line? The decision not to have Biden debate will have ZERO to do with Donald Trump! It will be a calculation by Biden's handlers that they will be hurt more by having him debate than they will be by having him NOT debate! Anything else is just smoke and mirrors...

This whole narrative that Biden shouldn't debate Trump because Trump lies and says nasty things is laughable, Bobob! If you think Trump isn't telling the truth...then stand on that stage and tell the American people WHY he isn't telling the truth! That's what a debate IS! To claim that you won't debate the other person because he's going to say things you don't agree with? That's nonsensical! If you agreed on things then why have a debate at all?

Bottom line? The decision not to have Biden debate will have ZERO to do with Donald Trump! It will be a calculation by Biden's handlers that they will be hurt more by having him debate than they will be by having him NOT debate! Anything else is just smoke and mirrors...
A debate is about the issues, and Trump doesn't know how to debate as proven in the Republican debates.

A debate is about the issues, and Trump doesn't know how to debate as proven in the Republican debates.
Then Biden and his handlers should be chomping at the bit to debate him! So explain why they aren't, Bobob? Trump was attacked non stop in the Republican debates by the other candidates and one by one he fought back against those attacks. I have no idea how you've arrived at the conclusion that Trump doesn't know how to debate! Pretty much whenever he meets with the White House Press Corps it's like he's in a debate and the moderators all hate him! If he can handle that then he'll have no problem with a "challenged" Joe Biden!

My guess is that Biden isn't any more obligated to debate than Trump is obligated to release his income tax forms and it is up to us voters to weigh the consequences. Another guess is that Independent voters would take an extremely negative view of Biden's absence.

My guess is that Biden isn't any more obligated to debate than Trump is obligated to release his income tax forms and it is up to us voters to weigh the consequences. Another guess is that Independent voters would take an extremely negative view of Biden's absence.
It's quite obvious that Biden can't be "forced" to leave his house if that's his decision! It's also quite obvious that nobody has ever run a campaign for President by literally hiding from the people. The question needs to be asked why that's happening.

Here we are about to elect a leader who we need to stand up for our country against Putin and Ping, and one of them is too terrified to even debate the other.

VP candidates have a separate debate. Biden doesn't have to debate if he doesn't want to, and neither does the President. But since the major candidates have debated every election since 1976, the people really expect it.

Then Biden and his handlers should be chomping at the bit to debate him! So explain why they aren't, Bobob? Trump was attacked non stop in the Republican debates by the other candidates and one by one he fought back against those attacks. I have no idea how you've arrived at the conclusion that Trump doesn't know how to debate! Pretty much whenever he meets with the White House Press Corps it's like he's in a debate and the moderators all hate him! If he can handle that then he'll have no problem with a "challenged" Joe Biden!
One by one Trump personally insulted the other candidates at the Republican debates. He did not fight back, but he did make a mockery of those debates since he was not prepared to debate and instead personally attacked the other candidates, just as he smears any opposition now with stupid names and lies. He is not in a debate with the free press. He just becomes angry when asked questions that hold him accountable. Trump is a very hateable kind of guy and with good reason.

This upcoming debate is a joke. They are not going to discuss about the Green New Deal. They want that to remain quiet. That is why they are drowning it out with other issues. But they don't want the public to know that it will raise the cost of living, especially for the poor.
But then Chris Wallace has always has been speaking vocally against Pres. Trump. That is why Fox News has chosen him to moderate.

No he’s not obligated. The Left is intent on backing someone as our leader who hides in his basement. Let him stay there. Ought to work wonders for the swing voters. Harris debate in his place as a proxy? Sure, she couldn’t fight herself out of a wet paper bag in her own party’s primary.

Forum List

Back