Is belief an intentional act?

The smartest guy in the class always knew the most and got the highest marks. Man, you peeps are thick.
Physiologically speaking, we aren’t much different than we were 10,000 years ago. Just taller.

Knowledge is not intelligence. They are two different things. If you cannot understand the distinction, you may not be very intelligent.
Humans are evolving to be smarter. You cannot seriously pretend that they were just as smart 2000 years ago. That’s dumb.
What part of we are physiologically the same as humans from 10,000 years ago did you not understand?

Are our brains bigger? Do our brains process information faster? What exactly in our brains is different?
We don’t know enough about the brain yet, but the fact is, we are smarter than 2000 years ago when we hadn’t even come up with toilet paper yet.
You just said the brain evolved to make us smarter.

Now you are saying we don’t know enough. :lmao:
We don’t know enough about the brain yet, but yes, we are getting smarter through time. Nothing wrong with that, you’re just one of those retards.

Physiologically speaking, we aren’t much different than we were 10,000 years ago. Just taller.

Knowledge is not intelligence. They are two different things. If you cannot understand the distinction, you may not be very intelligent.
Humans are evolving to be smarter. You cannot seriously pretend that they were just as smart 2000 years ago. That’s dumb.
What part of we are physiologically the same as humans from 10,000 years ago did you not understand?

Are our brains bigger? Do our brains process information faster? What exactly in our brains is different?
We don’t know enough about the brain yet, but the fact is, we are smarter than 2000 years ago when we hadn’t even come up with toilet paper yet.

We don’t know enough about the brain yet, but yes, we are getting smarter through time. Nothing wrong with that, you’re just one of those retards.
You are all over the map in this.

First you say out brains have evolved to make us smarter, then you say we don’t know enough about the brain. Which is it?

First you say out brains have evolved to make us smarter, then you say we don’t know enough about the brain. Which is it?
Those two statements have nothing to do with each other.

So you can’t make up your mind?

Do you have any links?

Do you have any links?
You’re an idiot. Bye.

Do you have any links?
You’re an idiot. Bye.
So that’s a no? You don’t have any links?

I'm thinking you're misunderstanding the definition of "choice". You seem to think it requires the sentence "I think I'll believe this". In fact, that is exactly what you did, albeit without those words: you made a choice between "This seems real and true to me, and that does not."

No, I didn't. I just found a name to apply to it.

I see. So your contention is that you emerged from the womb believing there were no gods and in some form of anatman (you didn't specify WHICH type of Buddhism it was that you were "genetically programmed" as), lived all the way to adulthood in a Christian family somehow thinking that your beliefs were Christianity, and then discovered that what you were REALLY "born as" was a Buddhist of some sort?

I'm dubious.

Sounds a lot more to me like you made a lot of incremental choices about what to believe throughout your life, didn't recognize them for what they were, and then rewrote your memory to suit what you wanted to believe . . . also a choice.

I will also offer you the evidence of people who were NOT raised in any sort of religious belief who, in fact, do exactly what you describe: sit down and decide they are going to believe in a religion.

Ok. Offer it.

I just did, lackwit. Are you really going to try to pretend that there's some question that religious converts exist? 'Cause if so, speak up and let me skip right toward filing you in the "too stupid to walk and breathe at the same time" file.

You offered zero, just ranted. You said you would offer. Perhaps my mistake was to read your post, since you apparently didn't. By all means, put me in whatever file you like.
You offered zero, just ranted. You said you would offer. Perhaps my mistake was to read your post, since you apparently didn't. By all means, put me in whatever file you like.

seems to be contagious ... have you an example of time duration for what is not any smarter.

Forum List

Back