Is accepting Jesus as messiah a sin?

It seems to me, that to accept Jesus as our messiah or scapegoat, means abdication our responsibility for our sins and placing it on the messiah or scapegoat.

I think that to use a scapegoat is a sin.

If you are religious, is this the sin that you think you did to deserve hell? If not, what is it that causes you to sin to be saved?

Regards
DL
YES definitely, agreeing to have an INNOCENT punished in YOUR place for YOUR misdeeds is morally bankrupt, and only Satan would make that a requirement for entrance into heaven.

Well sure except that's not what the Bible says.
Nice informative apologetics.

Oh wait -------

Your bible says serpents and donkeys can talk.

Is that a truth?

Regards
DL
without a doubt Jackasses can talk...and often too

It seems to me, that to accept Jesus as our messiah or scapegoat, means abdication our responsibility for our sins and placing it on the messiah or scapegoat.

If you are religious, is this the sin that you think you did to deserve hell? If not, what is it that causes you to sin to be saved?

Regards
DL

From an atheists point. There is no such thing as sins. It is a religious invention to install fear into suckers to keep their faith.
No one was born with original sin. It's rubbish. Your loving God so tenderly gifted us, he killed his son to forgive us then you spend your life avoiding it when being threatened by with eternal fire for sinning. The whole chronology of events is preposterous. It's an indictment on the human race to believe that rubbish.

Good lord

Not if we have to sin to see him as such.

Regards
DL

The Bible is the final word.

To the stupid.

Regards
DL

LOL, take it up with God, hell will welcome you.

Here we go again. Every time you get challenged and can't refute it, out comes the threats of eternal fire. You ever so kind Jesus certainly thinks so tenderly of others.
Or is it just you who wants dissidents silenced and punished. I think you do.

Regards
DL
YES definitely, agreeing to have an INNOCENT punished in YOUR place for YOUR misdeeds is morally bankrupt, and only Satan would make that a requirement for entrance into heaven.

Well sure except that's not what the Bible says.
That is exactly what the New Testament says to be saved.
You must accept the innocent Jesus to take your "stripes" in your place.

You don't read well, the Bible says Jesus is the only way to the Father therefore there is nothing "morally bankrupt" about about letting Jesus do his job.
Which proves the moral bankruptcy of the bible!!! DUH!

It must be admitted as a fact that it cannot be said of God that He directly creates evil
BULLSHIT!
Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

It must be admitted as a fact that it cannot be said of God that He directly creates evil
BULLSHIT!
Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
We've been over this before too.

The difference between the wicked and the righteous is found in the doctrines of faith and repentance. Through our sins we have all fallen short of being able to return unto God in his kingdom based on our own merits. Only through the grace of Jesus Christ is it possible to enter into the kingdom of heaven. But Jesus does not hand out his grace like candy on Halloween. He requires a certain degree of effort on our part before he will grant the grace that we all need. He first requires that we have faith in him and believe that he is able to save us and belief that we, through following his will, will be able to obtain the grace sufficient to be saved. It does take some effort on our part.

Matthew 7:21

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Only when we repent and start following the will of the Father is the grace of God given that is sufficient to allow us to enter into the kingdom of heaven. Understanding First, that it is only in and through Jesus Christ that we can be saved, and then repenting of our sins so that once we gain the grace of our Lord, we will be like others in the kingdom of heaven and be able to abide by the laws of His kingdom. Those who are not willing to give up their sins, believe in the Lord and abide by a celestial law will not be found saved into his kingdom but will have to go to a lesser kingdom of glory in the hereafter.

Matthew 4:17

17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

God's entire plan is to save as many as are willing and not to simply execute justice upon the fallen of his children. He knew before the foundation of this world that a Savior would be necessary to help his less than perfect children progress.

1 Peter 1:19-20
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Those who make it into the kingdom of heaven will be those who love to do the will of the Father and abide by the laws of his kingdom. You won't find those who begrudgingly keep the commandments and wish they could sin in the kingdom of heaven but only those who love God and love doing his will. God will reward only those who really wish to be a celestial being to become a member of his kingdom. Thus the imperative for us to repent and be converted to his will.

BULLSHIT!
There is opposition in all things. God creates evil by simply creating good. All things have their opposite. If you create a celestial law, obviously there exists doing the opposite of the law. He never advocates following evil but simply causes the principle of evil to exist simply by creating good. When God commands, thou shalt not commit adultery, then the opposite of that command is automatically created. In this way God creates evil but he is not an advocate of following after evil. It is simply the law of opposition in all things.

Regards
DL
1)it's considered idolatry, so yes
2)it's placing an image of a man above G0d, so yes
3)it bears false witness, so yes
4)Moshiach is a servant to mankind not served by mankind.
5)we are warned not to fall for or with the first fallen messiah.
6)the save by and through teachings allows sins to flourish, which is why humanity has suffered it's poor choices and illogical teachings.

Is accepting Jesus as messiah a sin?​

Sin is anything that goes against the will of God. It is God's will that you accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and Redeemer. The whole plan of salvation rests upon this principle. God, more than anyone else, wishes for you to accept Jesus as your Savior and Redeemer, and for us to draw as near unto him as possible. How could it be a sin if it is the very plan of salvation that God has given to us? The question is an absolute absurdity.

Forum List

Back