Is accepting Jesus as messiah a sin?

It seems to me, that to accept Jesus as our messiah or scapegoat, means abdication our responsibility for our sins and placing it on the messiah or scapegoat.

I think that to use a scapegoat is a sin.

If you are religious, is this the sin that you think you did to deserve hell? If not, what is it that causes you to sin to be saved?

Regards
DL

This is very silly
The question is moral or not, not silly or not.

Silly and strange you could not decide.

Regards
DL

It seems to me, that to accept Jesus as our messiah or scapegoat, means abdication our responsibility for our sins and placing it on the messiah or scapegoat.

If you are religious, is this the sin that you think you did to deserve hell? If not, what is it that causes you to sin to be saved?

Regards
DL
Gnostic Christians - you are a gnostic christian, right? - had a hard time reconciling the OT with the NT. They didn't attack Jesus like you are doing. They saw the God of the OT as the evil God.

There was no N T to criticize when Gnostic Christianity was formed.

Jesus had yet to be tied to the genocidal prick you adore.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
YES definitely, agreeing to have an INNOCENT punished in YOUR place for YOUR misdeeds is morally bankrupt, and only Satan would make that a requirement for entrance into heaven.

Well sure except that's not what the Bible says.
Nice informative apologetics.

Oh wait -------

Your bible says serpents and donkeys can talk.

Is that a truth?

Regards
DL

My Bible says God can use what He wants when He wants.

Regards
DL
Gnostic Christians - you are a gnostic christian, right? - had a hard time reconciling the OT with the NT. They didn't attack Jesus like you are doing. They saw the God of the OT as the evil God.

There was no N T to criticize when Gnostic Christianity was formed.

Jesus had yet to be tied to the genocidal prick you adore.

Regards
DL
Dude, you need to get a new persona because you don't have a clue what Gnostic Christians believed. I mean look... all you have to do is look at the name, dummy. Gnostic CHRISTIANS.

I mean seriously, how stupid do you have to be to not see the word CHRISTIANS in Gnostic Christians. Right now everyone is pissing their pants laughing at your dumb ass.

Regards
DL
I don't believe you know what Jesus actually taught. The Greek word for repent is "metanoia." Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

So accepting that is in no way a sin. It is how one finds peace and joy in life.
I sure hope you are correct and that Christians of the homophobic, misogynous and genocidal god lovers type can be healed.

Jesus is waiting patiently for so many Christians to move left, or just do the best thing and turn to Gnostic Christianity for moral guidance.

Regards
DL

Seriously, how stupid does the OP have to be to admit to being a Gnostic CHRISTIAN in a thread he created to criticize CHRIST?

:rofl:

Regards
DL
YES definitely, agreeing to have an INNOCENT punished in YOUR place for YOUR misdeeds is morally bankrupt, and only Satan would make that a requirement for entrance into heaven.

That is exactly what the New Testament says to be saved.
You must accept the innocent Jesus to take your "stripes" in your place.

Regards
DL
I don't believe you know what Jesus actually taught. The Greek word for repent is "metanoia." Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

So accepting that is in no way a sin. It is how one finds peace and joy in life.
I sure hope you are correct and that Christians of the homophobic, misogynous and genocidal god lovers type can be healed.

Jesus is waiting patiently for so many Christians to move left, or just do the best thing and turn to Gnostic Christianity for moral guidance.

Regards
DL
Wait, wait, wait... tell me again as a Gnostic Christian how evil Christ is again?

This is too funny.

My former business partner was a conniving manipulator who ruined our company spending profits for his personal use and handing out "bonuses" to his employee buddies while I scrambled to make payroll. He was a born again Baptist and was sure all his sins were forgiven and that I was going to Hell because he went to Church every Sunday and was "saved" and I wasn't. I told him I want no part of a God that rewards people like him. He didn't have a comeback for that.
Like here, the moment talks go to Christian morals and ethics, they run away.

Sure beats the past when they would run to the inquisitors and murderers.

Things are even looking up for atheists.

Your morals seem ok to me but the Christians wont like you.

Regards
DL

My former business partner was a conniving manipulator who ruined our company spending profits for his personal use and handing out "bonuses" to his employee buddies while I scrambled to make payroll. He was a born again Baptist and was sure all his sins were forgiven and that I was going to Hell because he went to Church every Sunday and was "saved" and I wasn't. I told him I want no part of a God that rewards people like him. He didn't have a comeback for that.
Like here, the moment talks go to Christian morals and ethics, they run away.

Sure beats the past when they would run to the inquisitors and murderers.

Things are even looking up for atheists.

Your morals seem ok to me but the Christians wont like you.

Regards
DL
So... as a Gnostic CHRISTIAN tell us what you love most about CHRIST.

Regards
DL

That is exactly what the New Testament says to be saved.
You must accept the innocent Jesus to take your "stripes" in your place.

You don't read well, the Bible says Jesus is the only way to the Father therefore there is nothing "morally bankrupt" about about letting Jesus do his job.

Good lord

Not if we have to sin to see him as such.

Regards
DL

The Bible is the final word.

To the stupid.

Regards
DL

LOL, take it up with God, hell will welcome you.

I will let you confer with Yahweh and his best St. Hitler.

Regards
DL

Yahweh sent His Son Jesus to save us. It's quite plain.

I sure hope you don't hold the actions of men against God. That would seem illogical to me.
So you are saying God has no responsibility for what he created. How Trumpian of you.
I am saying men choosing to not do good is not God's fault. Feel free to blame God if you want.

Let's see what Maimonides has to say on the subject, shall we.

[MEN frequently think that the evils in the world are more numerous than the good things, that just isn't the case. He who thinks that he can have flesh and bones without being subject to any external influence, or any of the accidents of matter, unconsciously wishes to reconcile two opposites, viz., to be at the same time subject and not subject to change. If man were never subject to change there could be no generation: there would be one single being, but no individuals forming a species. It would be in vain to expect to see living beings formed of the blood of menstruous women and the semen virile, who will not die, will never feel pain, or will move perpetually, or will shine like the sun. Whatever is formed of any matter receives the most perfect form possible in that species of matter: in each individual case the defects are in accordance with the defects of that individual matter. The best and most perfect being that can be formed of the blood and the semen is the species of man, for as far as man's nature is known, he is living, reasonable, and mortal. It is therefore impossible that man should be free from this species of evil. You will, nevertheless, find that the evils of the above kind which befall man are very few and rare.​
It must be admitted as a fact that it cannot be said of God that He directly creates evil, or He has the direct intention to produce evil; this is impossible His works are all perfectly good. He only produces existence, and all existence is good. God is perfect goodness, and that all that comes from Him is absolutely good. Consequently the true work of God is all good, since it is existence. ALL the great evils which men cause to each other because of certain intentions, desires, opinions, or religious principles, are likewise due to non-existence, because they originate in ignorance, which is absence of wisdom. The numerous evils to which individual persons are exposed are due to the defects existing in the persons themselves. We suffer from the evils which we, by our own free will, inflict on ourselves and ascribe them to God, who is far from being connected with them. Man himself is the author of this class of evils. The error of the ignorant goes so far as to say that God's power is insufficient, because He has given to this Universe the properties which they imagine cause these great evils.]​

Forum List

Back