Is A Hijab A Symbol Of Misogyny?

Agreed and the 'local culture' in Islam States is not the American culture. In America women are free to wear whatever they want and MOST do NOT wear hijabs. Why can't a Muslim woman take off her hijab in public? Women love their hair in the Western culture. What kind of mind control do Muslim men have over Muslim women?
If American women are free to wear what they want, why can’t they wear a hijab :dunno:

Would you be OK with a man wearing a tie with a swastika on it in congress?

No but I am fine with a man wearing a kippah in Congress.

To many Muslim women in America it is a choice. I used to work with this woman who wore a hijab, and drove a forklift. She would sometimes randomly approach me, and talk about how intolerant of her others were. Do you really think think this forklift driving woman who approached random men for conversation was a conservative Muslim just because she wore a hijab?

d300fcb92ff52147ec3ba9826fa7329b.jpg

yarmulke-with-star-of-david.jpg

65255c4c9352f337d6ece9201b32b33c.jpg

I don't like Islam. So, I'm not a Muslim. I don't like Ilhan Omar. She supports terrorists and appears confused that people emphasize words like Al queda and Hamas. She was a mistake and she is a mistake that the Democrats will have to contend with. She is antisemitic with or without the hijab. I'm don't like hijabs. So, I don't wear one.

“Is A Hijab A Symbol Of Misogyny?”

Of course not.

To believe that it is a ‘symbol of misogyny’ is both ignorant and bigoted – ignorance of the fact that things that might be perceived to be ‘Islamic’ are actually traditions and customs that long predate the advent of Islam.

And it’s bigotry the consequence of that ignorance and an unwarranted fear of Islam and Muslims.

A good portion of the Islamic world is very oppressive to women, however. That's not "Islamophobic", it's just true. I know that will break your brain, however, because in the game of Identity Politics, and because most Muslims are brown-skinned, it's very difficult for you not to adore and worship them. But they do break all your liberal rules, for all their brown skin.

Name one religion that is not "oppressive to women."

I would, but you're not a reasonable person. So there's no use debating the matter with you.

So you have to run away. Got it. You can't name a religion that is not "oppressive to women." Is your purity ring itching? How much are you going to sell your daughter's flesh for?

The apologists echo the fundamentalists when they call the hijab a "symbol of modesty", when in fact it's a symbol of the oppression and submission of Muslim women.

We all know what status women hold in the fundamentalist form of the religion, and these people continue to align themselves with the fundamentalists.

These people are not liberals.
I don't know what side you are on. I was forced into the Catholic Christian faith as a newborn. To this day, I will wear nothing on my head except in extreme temperatures since headgear was forced on women alone in Catholic culture.
However, if men and women wish to wear headgear pertinent to their faith, this is okay by me, as long as it is voluntary.

I do question why men of the various faiths do not cover both their faces and heads. In cultures where women must cover their faces, why do men not cover their faces as well? If women must wear burqas, how about men wearing burqas of a different color? How come this Saudi prince has been seen with his face uncovered?

Of course not.

To believe that it is a ‘symbol of misogyny’ is both ignorant and bigoted – ignorance of the fact that things that might be perceived to be ‘Islamic’ are actually traditions and customs that long predate the advent of Islam.

And it’s bigotry the consequence of that ignorance and an unwarranted fear of Islam and Muslims.

Dear Clayton, thank you for supporting this:
8634464293_d54dcf396d_k-1-e1470863458157.jpg

and this

_74705324_104590511.jpg

and this:

080129-F-1234G-111.JPG

These sluts should have known not to leave the house without their slave clothes.
Thank you for your support

Signed, your Islamist friends.

Now you can ask why men are not punished for the same "crimes." What is the punishment for a male in any culture who does not keep his chastity before marriage? Public shame? Acid? Public beating? Execution?

Remember that we have an admitted sexually promiscuous man in the White House right now. What should be done with him?

Now you can ask why men are not punished for the same "crimes." What is the punishment for a male in any culture who does not keep his chastity before marriage? Public shame? Acid? Public beating? Execution?

Remember that we have an admitted sexually promiscuous man in the White House right now. What should be done with him?

Geez, that's quite a convoluted diatribe. You must be afflicted with TDS. :19:

it is my sublime opinion that TODAY IN THE USA, muslim women use the HIJAB as a
political statement. In fact the bug--Linda
Sarsour, has so admitted-----she wears her
idiot costumes to make herself look
DISTINCTIVE -----as opposed to "just
another white girl from Brooklyn" for the record-----I am "just another white girl from Brooklyn"--------UTTERLY DULL with no ambition to BEDECK myself in exciting
costumes

So, what if she wears the hijab to make a political statement? So, what if she wears what she wears to distinguish herself from others? So, what if you couldn't care less about any of it? It's her choice to make, just as it is yours. Ain't life grand?

Now, if only the bigots and misogynists on all sides were to shut the eff up, finally, cease their spluttering apoplexy, and leave her alone.

your response to my post is idiotic. People do
express themselves via their dress and SO WHAT IF I COMMENT on the issue considering some of the REASONS for some particular fashion fads. ???

Of course not.

A good portion of the Islamic world is very oppressive to women, however. That's not "Islamophobic", it's just true. I know that will break your brain, however, because in the game of Identity Politics, and because most Muslims are brown-skinned, it's very difficult for you not to adore and worship them. But they do break all your liberal rules, for all their brown skin.

Name one religion that is not "oppressive to women."

I would, but you're not a reasonable person. So there's no use debating the matter with you.

So you have to run away. Got it. You can't name a religion that is not "oppressive to women." Is your purity ring itching? How much are you going to sell your daughter's flesh for?

Question for you. And I mean this sincerely:

Are you naturally dumb, or does your bigotry make you dumb?

I don't know what side you are on. I was forced into the Catholic Christian faith as a newborn. To this day, I will wear nothing on my head except in extreme temperatures since headgear was forced on women alone in Catholic culture.
However, if men and women wish to wear headgear pertinent to their faith, this is okay by me, as long as it is voluntary.

I do question why men of the various faiths do not cover both their faces and heads. In cultures where women must cover their faces, why do men not cover their faces as well? If women must wear burqas, how about men wearing burqas of a different color? How come this Saudi prince has been seen with his face uncovered?

Men of various faiths don't cover their heads because those religions don't require it. It is not about equality at all, it's about men controlling women and women accepting it. I am really astounded that any female American who loves America (Like Omar says she does) would dawn one of those obviously oppressive hajibs.

Men of various faiths don't cover their heads because those religions don't require it. It is not about equality at all, it's about men controlling women and women accepting it. I am really astounded that any female American who loves America (Like Omar says she does) would dawn one of those obviously oppressive hajibs.
Donning headgear is a matter of free will. The problem lies in forcing it on someone else. When the Taliban took over in Afghanistan, they forced men to wear beards. What of men who did not want to wear beards? No freedom.

Why must Muslim women constantly wear head coverings? I read it is because the woman is obeying and submitting to Allah. Remember, Islam is ruled by males.
They wear it otherwise they can be raped and/or beaten in a lot of countries.

The apologists echo the fundamentalists when they call the hijab a "symbol of modesty", when in fact it's a symbol of the oppression and submission of Muslim women.

We all know what status women hold in the fundamentalist form of the religion, and these people continue to align themselves with the fundamentalists.

Maybe you should talk to some Muslim women and ask them why they wear a hijab instead of presuming to speak for them :dunno:
It's not difficult to find Muslim women speaking out, and women who have left the faith due to its horrors, if we're actually curious, if we're not too busy spinning and deflecting for the religion, if we're being intellectually honest.

Their lives are in danger for doing so, of course.

About us - The AHA Foundation
Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Founder of the AHA Foundation - The AHA Foundation
59_zpsj1z9byuj.gif

Last edited:

If a woman wears a headscarf or other clothing voluntarily and purely because they want to, great. They certainly can be pretty. Dignified.

If she is being forced to, directly or indirectly, that's an entirely different issue. And it can't be ignored that this is a clear symbol of the brutal subjugation of women by the more fundamentalist elements of that religion. So those who try to make this some kind of a fashion issue are being intellectually dishonest in the extreme.

I'm under no obligation to ignore the obvious because of some ideological requirement.

Last edited:

If a woman wears a headscarf or other clothing voluntarily and purely because they want to, great. They certainly can be pretty. Dignified.

If she is being forced to, directly or indirectly, that's an entirely different issue. And it can't be ignored that this is a clear symbol of the brutal subjugation of women by the more fundamentalist elements of that religion. So those who try to make this some kind of a fashion issue are being intellectually dishonest in the extreme.

I'm under no obligation to ignore the obvious because of some ideological requirement.

Yep. Profoundly illiberal people here support gender slavery based upon the exceptions, not the rule.

They know full well that millions upon untold millions of women in Islam are being brutalized, but they simply do not care. All they DO care about is that they feel virtuous for supporting the oppression of women based upon the positive feedback they receive from others for supporting the oppression and they negative they would receive were they to they stand up for women, instead.

Yep. Profoundly illiberal people here support gender slavery based upon the exceptions, not the rule.

They know full well that millions upon untold millions of women in Islam are being brutalized, but they simply do not care. All they DO care about is that they feel virtuous for supporting the oppression of women based upon the positive feedback they receive from others for supporting the oppression and they negative they would receive were they to they stand up for women, instead.
I often wonder about the motivations on this, and I think it may be something as simple as "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

The amount of fantastically illiberal behavior that has to be completely overlooked to play this game is just astonishing. At most, they'll give it some momentary, perfunctory tisk, tisk, and then be back to doing what comes naturally to them.

As I always say, these are not liberals.

I'm not sure what people want done about it. Most of this crap is going down in countries that no one has any control over unless there is a nonstop regime change. Unfortunately, regime change usually involves putting a dictator in there that supports this nonsense.............after name your ngo professing to be all about women's rights is initiating an overthrow of the existing government in that specific nation-state.

Forum List

Back