NYC set to settle suit over making Money slim women remove hijab for mugshot photos

Good. That’s what they should be addressing. Not just the hijab.
Actually…two things should be addressed: religious rights and security needs. This looks like a win win resolution, right?

Actually…two things should be addressed: religious rights and security needs. This looks like a win win resolution, right?
Removing a turban of a Sikh or a yarmulka of a Jewish person is obviously improper (unless there’s good reason to believe that the turban is likely concealing a gun).

But as for mug shots: there is only one major need for the police. That is to display the full face of the subject for possible future reference.

Removing a turban of a Sikh or a yarmulka of a Jewish person is obviously improper (unless there’s good reason to believe that the turban is likely concealing a gun).

But as for mug shots: there is only one major need for the police. That is to display the full face of the subject for possible future reference.
True…but it can still come up against religious rights and a hijab that does not cover the face itself is a reasonable religious compromise. The same compromise is made with driver’s license photos.

True…but it can still come up against religious rights and a hijab that does not cover the face itself is a reasonable religious compromise. The same compromise is made with driver’s license photos.
If you need the final word, go for it.

In the meanwhile, I reiterate that the police don’t need to remove any head covering for a mug shot unless (and to the extent that) the head covering conceals any part of the face of the subject.

If you need the final word, go for it.

In the meanwhile, I reiterate that the police don’t need to remove any head covering for a mug shot unless (and to the extent that) the head covering conceals any part of the face of the subject.
I do believe we agree and that is exactly what your article stated.

images.jpg

Edit:

To provide context:

Coyote loves to muddy the waters. But you know that if the left had the narrative, she'd be against it.... The left has failed.

Their narratives are falling like rain.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back