IRS whistleblowers say Merrick Garland told them not to charge Hunter Biden

Two IRS whistleblowers claim they were retaliated against after raising concerns about unusual interference from the DOJ in their investigation. On Thursday, the House Ways and Means Committee released transcripts from those whistleblowers.

One of the explosive claims made by the IRS criminal supervisory agent is that he was in a meeting with U.S. Attorney David Weiss last October in which Weiss said he was instructed not to bring criminal charges against Biden at the time. The timing of the claim supports a Washington Post report, published in early October 2022, that claimed prosecutors believed they had sufficient evidence to charge Biden.

However, when asked Merrick Garland said that Weiss had the power to go after Hunter if they so chose, and did not say whether he pressured them or not to charge Hunter with criminal behavior.

So what kind of pressure was put on them I wonder? Were they threatened or feel threatened?

All I know is, I feel sorry for the whistleblowers. I mean, their careers are over now as they will probably all be targeted like Trump is today.

And for what? It's not like the Swamp cares anything about justice.
So you have a hearsay accusation...

They are stating Weiss told them this...

How about you get Weiss on the stand and see what he said...

Please explain how the IRS could audit all of Hunter's tax returns with a fine tooth comb, searching for illegality in any form, yet they did NOT find phony Hunter businesses with foreign companies with money laundering for quid pro quo payoffs for VP Biden???

Please explain that away.... I'll wait.....
Easy.
There were no crimes there to find.

Hunter didn't report his foreign income that was laundered thru his shell companies. The IRS only audits whats on the returns, duh.
The FBI is supposed to track largess as reported by the many banks.
Chinese diamonds?
The IRS is a democrat friendly agency. Remember Lois Lerner punishing conservative organizations?

The IRS is supposed to track whether a whether bank statements and records tally with income declared on tax filings, not the FBI, because the FBI don’t have the income tax records to make the tally.

IRS investigators are accountants. FBI investigators are lawyers. Doing such investigations is why the IRS has an investigation division in the first place.

Last, but not least, Lois Lerner is a card-carrying Republican, who did not target Republicans. The IRS was targeting political groups which are not supposed to have any kind of tax-free status.

In addition to which not a single one of the right wing applicants for tax free status, was denied tax free status, but 4 leftist organizations were declined. All because the IRS asked for more information about political “education” groups applying for tax free status.

But by all means, continue to parrot right wing talking points, and lies about Lois Lerner in the IRS.

Any time a member of government does their job properly in regards to Republicans, Republicans claim they are being persecuted for being right wing. There is no more frightened, thin skinned group of individuals than right wingers. Everyone is out to get them.

Maybe if Republicans didn’t always act as if the law doesn’t apply to them, they wouldn’t get themselves into so much trouble everywhere they go.

• Fake News
Reactions: DBA
...and the whistleblower. Garland lied.

Well, they got the whistleblower on the stand, and they got sworn statement from Weiss, and it turns out that Garland didn’t lie, the so-called whistleblower lied.

The whistleblower is the same guy who was removed from the case because he wasn’t moving fast enough so there’s that too it as well. He was taken off the case after three years of dragging his heels on the file and not filing charges.

Then it turns out that all of his problems with DOJ happen before Biden was elected not after. His issues re: being under pressure because of the election happened when Trump was in office.

Last, but not least, how did the Biden SAR reports become public? These are confidential government documents, which were linked to the right wing press. My understanding is there are some 2000 SAR reports for the Trump family and their corporations, none of which have ever been leaked to the press.

Furthermore, when Trump was first elected, he immediately installed his own handpicked loyalist as the Director of the IRS for the sole purpose, of ensuring that none of his tax returns, or financial information, were ever released to anyone. Is this the guy who leaked the Biden SAR reports?

Normally, I am all in favour of leaks which expose criminal wrongdoing, but these leaks did not expose any criminal activity at all.

What they did was provided fodder for the right wing rumour mill to create all of these fictional “Biden crime family” scenarios, which they are now using to judicially harass Hunter, Biden, and other members of the Biden family without evidence.

This is just another baseless Republican smear campaign brought to you by the liar in chief, Donald J Trump.

Forum List

Back