IRS whistleblowers say Merrick Garland told them not to charge Hunter Biden

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Two IRS whistleblowers claim they were retaliated against after raising concerns about unusual interference from the DOJ in their investigation. On Thursday, the House Ways and Means Committee released transcripts from those whistleblowers.

One of the explosive claims made by the IRS criminal supervisory agent is that he was in a meeting with U.S. Attorney David Weiss last October in which Weiss said he was instructed not to bring criminal charges against Biden at the time. The timing of the claim supports a Washington Post report, published in early October 2022, that claimed prosecutors believed they had sufficient evidence to charge Biden.

However, when asked Merrick Garland said that Weiss had the power to go after Hunter if they so chose, and did not say whether he pressured them or not to charge Hunter with criminal behavior.

So what kind of pressure was put on them I wonder? Were they threatened or feel threatened?

All I know is, I feel sorry for the whistleblowers. I mean, their careers are over now as they will probably all be targeted like Trump is today.

And for what? It's not like the Swamp cares anything about justice.

The full extent of what Merrick Garland is covering up at DOJ would put him in front of a firing squad 500 times over...
The next one will be worse I'm sure, so long as it is allowed to continue.

The whistle blower and team were removed from the investigation because they broke IRS regulations on disclosing a private citizen's tax returns.... That's against all protocol for IRS agents and investigators, and clerks and etc.

We all need to believe our tax returns are private, always, unless shown in a Court of law or being given permission by a judge ruling, in a Court of law.

Democrat investigators and committee members sought Trump's tax returns for 4 years, of court cases and appeals legally made by Trump, until a final supreme court ruling that the IRS had to turn them over.

The IRS had no choice but to remove those involved with breaking IRS regulations on it and replace them.... from all that I've read up on it??

Weiss swears up and down that Garland did not interfere in any way with his decisions.

Making Weiss a Special Prosecutor would have been less freedom to make his own decisions, because special counsel have specific lines to stay with in, and have to report to the AG or asst AG all along the way in most situations like Mueller with acting AG Rosenstein, but he was as a free bird, as it sat.

Amazing this alleged whistle blower didn't see any illegal business transactions in ALL THOSE YEARS OF TAXES audited by them and only tax problems, ain't it?

The whistle blower and team were removed from the investigation because they broke IRS regulations on disclosing a private citizen's tax returns.... That's against all protocol for IRS agents and investigators, and clerks and etc.

We all need to believe our tax returns are private, always, unless shown in a Court of law or being given permission by a judge ruling, in a Court of law.

Democrat investigators and committee members sought Trump's tax returns for 4 years, of court cases and appeals legally made by Trump, until a final supreme court ruling that the IRS had to turn them over.

The IRS had no choice but to remove those involved with breaking IRS regulations on it and replace them.... from all that I've read up on it??

Weiss swears up and down that Garland did not interfere in any way with his decisions.

Making Weiss a Special Prosecutor would have been less freedom to make his own decisions, because special counsel have specific lines to stay with in, and have to report to the AG or asst AG all along the way in most situations like Mueller with acting AG Rosenstein, but he was as a free bird, as it sat.

Amazing this alleged whistle blower didn't see any illegal business transactions in ALL THOSE YEARS OF TAXES audited by them and only tax problems, ain't it?
If the whistleblower was correct, Weiss felt coerced to do as Merrick told him.

I don't see how what you wrote changes any of that.

If the whistleblower was correct, Weiss felt coerced to do as Merrick told him.

I don't see how what you wrote changes any of that.
according to Weiss, Garland DID NOT.

Who do you want to believe, the agent with an ax to grind, or the Delaware prosecutor himself?

Weiss had no reason to be afraid of Garland if, which it is not true that Garland threatened, but if Garland pressured him. It's not like he had a job to hold on to, his job was suppose to be done when Trump left office...

if Garland had fired him, it would have been a huge hoop dee dah.... and media circus.

Remember, over charging someone is worse than under charging them....for all of us.

Hunter got himself one of the best lawyers around that money can buy, any other rich guy with the same excellent lawyer would have likely gotten the same deal or even better!

Two IRS whistleblowers claim they were retaliated against after raising concerns about unusual interference from the DOJ in their investigation. On Thursday, the House Ways and Means Committee released transcripts from those whistleblowers.

One of the explosive claims made by the IRS criminal supervisory agent is that he was in a meeting with U.S. Attorney David Weiss last October in which Weiss said he was instructed not to bring criminal charges against Biden at the time. The timing of the claim supports a Washington Post report, published in early October 2022, that claimed prosecutors believed they had sufficient evidence to charge Biden.

However, when asked Merrick Garland said that Weiss had the power to go after Hunter if they so chose, and did not say whether he pressured them or not to charge Hunter with criminal behavior.

So what kind of pressure was put on them I wonder? Were they threatened or feel threatened?

All I know is, I feel sorry for the whistleblowers. I mean, their careers are over now as they will probably all be targeted like Trump is today.

And yet, the only things that could be proven on Hunter is 2 cases of late taxes and one case of using drugs when he did a Universal Background Check to purchase a firearm the loss of his right to own a firearm for the rest of his life. All three of these would have resulted in maybe a fine or a warning to us normal people. Hunter paid the late taxes along with the late fees so that wouldn't be an issue to the normal person. The Firearms charge will normally have a fine and the loss of your firearms rights.

Please explain how the IRS could audit all of Hunter's tax returns with a fine tooth comb, searching for illegality in any form, yet they did NOT find phony Hunter businesses with foreign companies with money laundering for quid pro quo payoffs for VP Biden???

Please explain that away.... I'll wait.....

Please explain how the IRS could audit all of Hunter's tax returns with a fine tooth comb, searching for illegality in any form, yet they did NOT find phony Hunter businesses with foreign companies with money laundering for quid pro quo payoffs for VP Biden??? Please explain that away.... I'll wait.....
Hunter didn't report his foreign income that was laundered thru his shell companies. The IRS only audits whats on the returns, duh.
The FBI is supposed to track largess as reported by the many banks.
Chinese diamonds?
The IRS is a democrat friendly agency. Remember Lois Lerner punishing conservative organizations?

Please explain how the IRS could audit all of Hunter's tax returns with a fine tooth comb, searching for illegality in any form, yet they did NOT find phony Hunter businesses with foreign companies with money laundering for quid pro quo payoffs for VP Biden???

Please explain that away.... I'll wait.....

Do you think he was dumb or even emboldened enough to report the earnings from his bribery schemes to the IRS? Funny thing is, the Democratic constituency and the IRS may just be naive and corrupt enough that he could get away with doing just that.

Hunter didn't report his foreign income that was laundered thru his shell companies. The IRS only audits whats on the returns, duh.
The FBI is supposed to track largess as reported by the many banks.
Chinese diamonds?
The IRS is a democrat friendly agency. Remember Lois Lerner punishing conservative organizations?
:lol::lol:

She was appointed by a Republican, not a Democrat, to run it. There was ZERO, ZIP, NO CONNECTION to Obama or Democrats found.

Utter bull crap on the Shell companies not filing taxes or reporting income flowing through them....!!!

This is no longer news

The Deep State has turned our country into a banana republic that only libs such as Golfing Gator and Mac1958 could appreciate

And its been going since before trump was elected

Put the whistleblowers on the stand under oath. That’s what Jack Smith plans on doing with his witnesses. You’d think the Republicans in the House would already have had them in front of the committee. Why not?

She was appointed by a Republican, not a Democrat, to run it. There was ZERO, ZIP, NO CONNECTION to Obama or Democrats found.
Utter bull crap on the Shell companies not filing taxes or reporting income flowing through them....!!!
Type all the bullshit you want.
The IRS admitted it was wrong when it based screenings of the groups’ applications on their names or policy positions, subjected the groups to heightened scrutiny and delays and demanded unnecessary information from the groups, the agreement in the Washington case said.

As part of the plea agreement, the Justice Department has agreed to recommend a sentence of probation for the two counts of failing to pay taxes in a timely matter for the years 2017 and 2018, according to sources. Hunter Biden owed at least $100,000 in federal taxes for 2017, and at least $100,000 in 2018, but did not pay what was due to the Internal Revenue Service by the deadlines.

according to Weiss, Garland DID NOT.

Who do you want to believe, the agent with an ax to grind, or the Delaware prosecutor himself?

Weiss had no reason to be afraid of Garland if, which it is not true that Garland threatened, but if Garland pressured him. It's not like he had a job to hold on to, his job was suppose to be done when Trump left office...

if Garland had fired him, it would have been a huge hoop dee dah.... and media circus.

Remember, over charging someone is worse than under charging them....for all of us.

Hunter got himself one of the best lawyers around that money can buy, any other rich guy with the same excellent lawyer would have likely gotten the same deal or even better!
The whistleblower was Gary Shapley, a 14 year old IRS veteren.

Committee Chairman Jason Smith (R-Mo.) indicated in a press conference Thursday that two Internal Revenue Service whistleblowers, one of whom is 14-year IRS veteran Gary Shapley Jr., have provided evidence demonstrating an unfair and unequal enforcement of tax laws by the federal government as well as proof that the "Biden Department of Justice is intervening and overstepping when it comes to the investigation of the president's son."

Weiss is a Swamp creature.

Hunter Biden's attorneys struck a sweetheart deal with U.S. Attorney David Weiss Tuesday, whereby the first son will "plead guilty to two misdemeanor tax charges of failure to pay in 2017 and 2018."

Weiss reduced a felony to a misdemeanor.

This is no longer news

The Deep State has turned our country into a banana republic that only libs such as Golfing Gator and Mac1958 could appreciate

And its been going since before trump was elected
It had occurred long ago.

They are just becoming more blatant about it and TDS certainly did not help hiding it.

Forum List

Back