Iowa Reaches Milestone on Wind-Energy Production - 64%

Are you seriously arguing that solar and wind run times are comparable to nuclear, coal and natural gas fired plants?
Obviously not. I am stating that nothing runs forever. Nuclear, natural gas, coal all have to be shut down now and then. They are all of the class "Intermittent".

Obviously not. I am stating that nothing runs forever. Nuclear, natural gas, coal all have to be shut down now and then. They are all of the class "Intermittent".
No, that's an idiotic comparison. As there is no comparison between something that is greater than 90% run time and something that is less than 50% runtime. And I haven't even gotten into the comparison of peak generation.

No, that's an idiotic comparison. As there is no comparison between something that is greater than 90% run time and something that is less than 50% runtime. And I haven't even gotten into the comparison of peak generation.
Intermittent is intermittent.

Intermittent is intermittent.

Nuclear running full out, 24 hours a day, for 2 years is just like solar?

Damn.

You're dropping into SSDD territory.

1704324036598.png

Another thread for those that can't possibly conceive of the 'math'

Do ANY of you posting here live off grid?

~S~

Another thread for those that can't possibly conceive of the 'math'

Do ANY of you posting here live off grid?

~S~
I don't. I sort of know a lady who lives off the grid. She walks around town all day pushing a cart with all her belongings. She wears so much makeup that she looks like a circus clown and, as the years have gone by, she wears more and more and more makeup and has really become quite horrible looking. Her ankles have swelled badly; she's not young. I actually haven't seen her in a few months and she may have simply died.

Are you off the grid? And, if you are, how are you posting here?

Going up by about 2% a year.
Granted IOWA is more conducive due to it's rural population, but it gives one an idea.
The Southwest could easily get near or above this with wind and solar.

Monday, July 17, 2023
Sixty-four percent of Iowa's energy production now comes from wind - a new record for the state, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. Green-energy advocates call it a big step along the road to fossil-fuel independence.
Iowa has been a wind-energy leader for decades, but the Iowa Environmental Council Staff Attorney Michael Schmidt said the IEC has a goal of becoming fossil-fuel independent by 2035.
"The energy mix in Iowa has shifted from being dominated more by coal with some natural gas," said Schmidt, "to being dominated by wind with a much smaller fraction of coal and natural gas."
The IEC contends that wind is the Least Expensive source of energy generation, even without considering tax credits or subsidies, and says it is dramatically lower than the costs of coal - especially when accounting for factors such as human health and crop damage from fossil fuel-based energy production.
`
crick, you made the claim that if I was right I would link cause you can link to all facts

so I challenged you to tell us the cost of Green Energy. I know you can't, nobody can. It is a secret, never to be found, but there was a cost, and it is known.

Hence, facts are facts, even if there is no link to them.

yet, I have linked and wrote OP's supporting everything I state.

crick, you do not have facts on your side, yes, you can link, to propaganda but not facts.

According to Several Idiots posting here, especially ToasterParrot....
Iowa should be out near a Trillion Dollars (their share of "$76 Trillion") with what all that wind power cost.
INSTEAD they're LOVING their CHEAPER CLEANER Power.

`
crick, you made the claim that if I was right I would link cause you can link to all facts

so I challenged you to tell us the cost of Green Energy. I know you can't, nobody can. It is a secret, never to be found, but there was a cost, and it is known.

Hence, facts are facts, even if there is no link to them.

yet, I have linked and wrote OP's supporting everything I state.

crick, you do not have facts on your side, yes, you can link, to propaganda but not facts.

Forum List

Back