Iowa House passes bill allowing children to use a handgun

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
I was around 8 when I first shot a gun. But ultimately, it's about parents having the right to raise their kids as they see fit, not as the government sees fit.

“It returns the power back to where it fully belongs,” Highfill added. “Back in the hands of parents to make those decisions they are entitled to do, instead of the government."

yep let 3 year old's use guns, what can ever go wrong!!

On what was described by the National Rifle Association as “a successful day for gun-owners”, Republican Representative Jake Highfill said it is “one of the best bills we’ve done for second amendment rights”, the Des Moines Register reports.

what a bunch of lunatics
‘Militia of toddlers’: Iowa House passes bill allowing children to use a handgun

"A bill allowing children under 14 to use a handgun with parental supervision"

How dizzy do you get from your spin, guano?

Big deal. I was taught to handle a fireman at younger age with the supervision of an adult family member.

yep let 3 year old's use guns, what can ever go wrong!!

On what was described by the National Rifle Association as “a successful day for gun-owners”, Republican Representative Jake Highfill said it is “one of the best bills we’ve done for second amendment rights”, the Des Moines Register reports.

what a bunch of lunatics
‘Militia of toddlers’: Iowa House passes bill allowing children to use a handgun

Yeah.....you forgot to mention this part twit....

A bill allowing children under 14 to use a handgun with parental supervision has passed through Iowa’s House of Representatives

Yep, allowing parents to teach children the proper respect for and use of a gun is a travesty. It's far better to let them grow up ignorant with little respect for firearms. Perhaps laws like this are why Iowa's gun fatality rate is lower than Chicago's.

Yep, allowing parents to teach children the proper respect for and use of a gun is a travesty. It's far better to let them grow up ignorant with little respect for firearms. Perhaps laws like this are why Iowa's gun fatality rate is lower than Chicago's.

See......these guys also prevent gun safety education in schools...why? Because a child accidentally killed with a gun because they were not taught basic safety around them is pure gold to the anti gun movement. If they can get the cameras to the grieving parent's...it can really help them push their gun control agenda....

If you actually taught gun safety...then that would mean far fewer dead children...and far fewer opportunities for the anti gun agenda....

In 2013 there were over 320 million guns in private hands....

Accidental gun deaths of children in 2013... 69.

Gun safety education, which this bill will help...could have saved some of those children.....

I was around 8 or 9 when I learned to shoot a gun.

My father took me to and open field on my uncle's farm and taught me how to handle and fire the weapon safely.

There was a part of the farm which was infested with prairie dogs. My brother and a cousin our age would take our .22 rifle's try to sneak up and shoot them. We were in kid heaven. ...... :cool:

I was around 8 when I first shot a gun. But ultimately, it's about parents having the right to raise their kids as they see fit, not as the government sees fit.

“It returns the power back to where it fully belongs,” Highfill added. “Back in the hands of parents to make those decisions they are entitled to do, instead of the government."
------------------------------- good !!!

I thank my lucky stars my parents were wise enough to teach how to handle a firearm at a young age. It taught me respect and caution for the weapon I was using. I am better with a bow, though.

Fired my Dad's 12 gauge Browning at 5 with him standing behind me showing me how. Hit the target I was aiming at thanks to his instruction. Raised to treat all firearms as if they were loaded. Taught never to shoot unless I was absolutely certain I knew where the bullet or shot would come to a stop. Encouraged to be a marksman and to always strive to increase my skill. Praised by family and friends when I printed a good pattern. Got my own .22 at 12. Roamed the woods with it for years and still own it.

It was a great education which has served me safely and well.

Feel sorry for the inner city "yoots" with no fathers to teach them marksmanship and how to carry a firearm responsibly.

Va30Xhh.jpg

Later in life I was drafted for Vietnam and will always be thankful that my father had taught me how to handle and shoot a rifle.

I aced the marksmanship range during basic training.

Whereas, the city boys whom had never even held a weapon, struggled just to hit near the target. .... :lol:

I aced the marksmanship range during basic training.

Whereas, the city boys whom had never even held a weapon, struggled just to hit near the target. .... :lol:

My same experience at basic. For all the kids who grew up trained and proficient, scoring marksman was easy. For many of the kids at basic, it was their first time ever touching a firearm. Those range instructors had their hands full.

I was always wary of about 95% of my fellow soldiers whenever we were locked 'n loaded. ...... :cool:

At the risk of hijacking the thread, but it is about being raised to shoot and shoot well.

The commander of my second squadron couldn't pass his annual pistol qualification without help. He's scour the range scores and pull those of us who consistently scored perfect. (Easy to score perfect in the USAF). He'd order one of us to be on either side of him during our qualifications. We'd both pump enough bullets in his 10 ring so he could barely pass. That of course lowered our scores so he excused us from having to buy beer for the guys that did score perfect--he paid up for us.

The targets were hilarious. The range officers couldn't help but notice what was going on. His target had holes all over it then a few perfectly placed holes in the 10 ring. Our targets had the 9 and 10 ring well printed but astonishingly, several bullets had completely missed the entire sheet.

pistol or revolver under the “direct supervision of a parent or guardian” without listing any lower age limit.

A good bill and a step in the right direction. All children should learn safety well before age 14.

Forum List

Back