Interview with 100 year old veteran - “Our country’s gone to hell in a hand basket.”

1656803703796.png

Very sad what's happening....Bless him.:(

"Nowadays I am so upset that the things we did, the things we fought for, and the boys that died for it are all going down the drain.

That’s not what they died for. Just not it…It’s just not the same. This isn’t what we fought for.”

Fuck every old jerk ass that helped make all these messes and then complain about the cleaning bill. Fuck them right up their wrinkled hemorrhoidal asses. This particular fossil was born into world where the super rich totally controlled the government and just about everyone was poor. Disease and misery stalked the land and the great depression loomed over us all.

Fuck every old jerk ass that helped make all these messes and then complain about the cleaning bill. Fuck them right up their wrinkled hemorrhoidal asses. This particular fossil was born into world where the super rich totally controlled the government and just about everyone was poor. Disease and misery stalked the land and the great depression loomed over us all.

Happy Independence Day to you as well, Tory.

Whatever. A uniform does not make a stupid opinion any less stupid.

You should be grateful. If not for folks like him, your parents might have ended up being sent to the gas chambers, or used for bayonet practice by Imperialist Japanese soldiers.

You should be grateful. If not for folks like him, your parents might have ended up being sent to the gas chambers, or used for bayonet practice by Imperialist Japanese soldiers.
An old bitter fool in a uniform is still an old bitter fool. What did he do since the war? Anything other than consume resources and gripe?

Occupied is right. Just because someone wore a uniform doesn't make their opinions better than those who didn't. In some cases, the opinion of the person who wore the uniform might be worse than someone who didn't. I say this as a person who wore the uniform and gave this country 20 years of my life in the military. I've heard a lot of stupid opinions, both from military and civilian types, but I allow them the right to say what they wish, as my oath of enlistment was to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and free speech is one of the things the Constitution guarantees. They are allowed those opinions if they want them, no matter if I agree with them or not.

Occupied is right. Just because someone wore a uniform doesn't make their opinions better than those who didn't. In some cases, the opinion of the person who wore the uniform might be worse than someone who didn't. I say this as a person who wore the uniform and gave this country 20 years of my life in the military. I've heard a lot of stupid opinions, both from military and civilian types, but I allow them the right to say what they wish, as my oath of enlistment was to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and free speech is one of the things the Constitution guarantees. They are allowed those opinions if they want them, no matter if I agree with them or not.
My grandfather was retired military and he was an idiot. He sat around on his military pension and full benefits griping about the same old racist Klan shit until the day he died. His life was a financial mess, he beat his kids and wife and left them with nothing. That's what I see when I see one of these old veterans still wearing their uniform and acting like they are entitled to automatic respect for whatever dumb crap they happen to be saying.

My grandfather was retired military and he was an idiot. He sat around on his military pension and full benefits griping about the same old racist Klan shit until the day he died. His life was a financial mess, he beat his kids and wife and left them with nothing. That's what I see when I see one of these old veterans still wearing their uniform and acting like they are entitled to automatic respect for whatever dumb crap they happen to be saying.

Spoken like a true veteran of the Great Skateboard War of 2020 in Seattle.. It was horrible! Those poor antifags were getting ouchies on their knees and the medics almost ran out of Band Aids and Bactine spray.

The horror. The horror.

Spoken like a true veteran of the Great Skateboard War of 2020 in Seattle.. It was horrible! Those poor antifags were getting ouchies on their knees and the medics almost ran out of Band Aids and Bactine spray.

The horror. The horror.
I served in Reagan's cold war spend-a-thon. Then I got out and got a real job. If I was like most of you I would feel like my opinion on anything was somehow worth more.

I served in Reagan's cold war spend-a-thon. Then I got out and got a real job. If I was like most of you I would feel like my opinion on anything was somehow worth more.

Thank you for your service. Your opinion is worth something, but you don't have to be a bitter asshole about serving your country. I've known Vietnam War Agent Orange victims who weren't as bitter as that.

Semper Fi

Right...all these uppity black people voting like it's their right... women using diaphragms and having their own bank accounts...

Coloreds stealing white women for marriage...

Can't hang a "no ni88ers allowed " sign on your business anymore...

Where is the America he fought for? Poor guy.

Thank you for your service. Your opinion is worth something, but you don't have to be a bitter asshole about serving your country. I've known Vietnam War Agent Orange victims who weren't as bitter as that.
If I'm bitter about anything it has nothing to do with veterans and everything to do how conservatives sit around uselessly griping about their spoiled-ass boomer problems while younger generations get shafted on everything the boomers felt entitled to. Somehow everyone born after 1965 just didn't deserve to be invested in.

I'm a retired 20 year Navy veteran. Served in 4 different war zones, and been a lot of places.

Do I think I'm a bit better than most Americans? Actually, yeah, because out of all the American people who are age eligible to join, only 30 percent are qualified to enlist. And, out of those 30 percent who are qualified to do so, only around 2 percent of the population actually does. So, not only am I better qualified than most, but I actually voluntarily decided to serve this country, which places me in a very small percentage of Americans. And, on top of that, I decided that Navy life was pretty good, even in spite of the various hardships that Navy life brought with it, and decided to stick around for 20 years until I was eligible to retire. Out of that small percentage (2 percent) who actually do enlist, only 10 percent of those who sign the dotted line will make it all the way to retirement, so that puts me in some pretty rarified company. I wear my Retired Navy ballcap with pride, and accept people's thanks when they comment on my service, as well as take full advantage of military discounts where available, because I deserve it.

HOWEVER............................

Just because I'm more qualified than 70 percent of the population, as well as more willing to serve this country than 98 percent of Americans, that DOES NOT mean my opinion is better or worse than anyone else's. It just means that it's my opinion based on what I've learned over the years, and if you can show me proof that it is wrong or needs tweaking, I'm willing to change or tweak it as I deem necessary. But, I'm also willing to disagree with you if I think your opinion is wrong, no matter if you wore the uniform or not. My opinion is my opinion, your opinion is your opinion, regardless of whether or not we agree. And, the oath that I swore was to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States". One of the great things about that document is that you can have your own opinion, regardless of whether or not others think it is right or wrong, it's your opinion and guaranteed under the Constitution. I strongly disagree with those that would burn, deface or desecrate the flag of this country, but, because of the Constitution, if that is your opinion, feel free to demonstrate it peacefully. But be aware, I also am allowed my opinion under that document as well, so don't be surprised if I decide to call you several names, of which none will be "a Child of God", or even American for that matter. I might even be quite offensive about it, but will not strike you. I might be vocal about it, possibly even loud, but I will be peaceful when I call you out. That is because of my oath.

My opinion matters as much as yours, as is worth about as much, regardless of whether or not we agree.

Last edited:
A 100 year old Vet. has a right to bitch about society like everybody else but the last time he was in uniform was 80 years ago and he hasn't been in a coma since then.

Forum List

Back