Intel Brief: Seventh-Day Adventists (Dr. Ben Carson's faith)

It was years ago, don't remember if it was the inner circle knowledge or ramblings but if I remember correctly Joseph Smith was visited by Michael who he deemed the Christ.
Of course that could have been false info, we are only as good as the info given us...there lies the problem with why people are so far off course, a mistake or lie begets a mistake and passes it along the line thereafter.

It was years ago, don't remember if it was the inner circle knowledge or ramblings but if I remember correctly Joseph Smith was visited by Michael who he deemed the Christ.
Of course that could have been false info, we are only as good as the info given us...there lies the problem with why people are so far off course, a mistake or lie begets a mistake and passes it along the line thereafter.
I believe that is correct. But Michael and Jesus are not the same being.

Oh I know that, we agree.
The claim by sects that Jesus was Michael is because they use the roles like Judge, Messenger, Mediator, etc and steal them and place them as Jesus roles when plagiarizing the Bible and characters and fallaciously placing him into fulfillment of the Bible.
They know Michael as the Biblical Messiah, so they are forced to assume Jesus was Michael when they were deceived by the Imposter Rome created.

Rev 1:13 Jesus is not son of man, Jesus is like unto (emulating) son of man.

Americans are at liberty to believe whatever religion they so desire, or to otherwise be free from faith.

Americans must also acknowledge the fact that the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment prohibits the unwarranted conjoining of religion and government, and that errant, subjective religious dogma may not be codified into secular law all must obey.

Rather than just copying reams of info from their main website (www.adventist.org/beliefs/) which will only give all the good warm and fuzzies of things, this is gonna be the stuff you actually need to know about, though not from other denominations who have vested interests in dissing everybody else.

Seventh-Day Adventist Church

"The Seventh-day Adventist Church (abbreviated SDA) is a Christian denomination that grew out of the prophetic "Millerite" ) movement (i.e. William Miller in the United States during the middle part of the 19th century. It considers itself a branch of Protestant Christianity, though differences in doctrine and practice have led some mainstream Christians to dispute that designation.

The name of the Seventh-day Adventist denomination indicates its two main distinctive characteristics: Sabbath observance on the seventh day (i.e., Saturday) and an expectation that the end of the world is drawing near. Other distinguishing characteristics include adherence to the teachings of Ellen G. White (who is regarded as a prophet), and various dietary observances rooted in Jewish law.

As of 2005, the Seventh-day Adventist Church had 12 million baptized members and about 25 million total members and adherents worldwide. The Seventh-day Adventist Church is one of the world's fastest-growing organizations, primarily due to increases in Third World membership. It now operates in 203 out of 228 countries recognized by the United Nations.
History of Seventh-day Adventism

The Adventist movement has its roots in the 19th-century "Millerite movement," which centered on the belief that Jesus Christ would return on October 22, 1844. William Miller (1782-1849) was a farmer who settled in upstate New York after the war of 1812.

He was originally a Deist, but after much private Bible study, Miller converted to Christianity and became a Baptist. He was convinced that the Bible contained coded information about the end of the world and the Second Coming of Jesus. In 1836, he published the book Evidences from Scripture and History of the Second Coming of Christ about the Year 1843.

The prediction of the year 1843 was based in large part on Daniel 8:14: "And he said onto me, unto 2,300 days, then shall the sanctuary be cleansed." Miller believed the "2,300 days" referred to 2,300 years and that the countdown began in 457 BC. He concluded that the "cleansing of the sanctuary" (interpreted as the Second Coming) would occur sometime between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844.

When these dates passed, Samuel Snow, a follower of Miller, interpreted the "tarrying time" referred to in Habakkuk 2:3 as equal to 7 months and 10 days, thus delaying the end time to October 22, 1844. When this date also passed uneventfully, many followers left the movement in what is now termed "The Great Disappointment." Miller himself gradually withdrew from the leadership of the group and died in 1849.

Miller's followers who remained in the movement called themselves Adventists, and taught that the expectation had been fulfilled in a way that had not previously been understood.

Seventh-day Adventists do not eat pork or other unclean meat as identified in the book of Leviticus and many avoid all meat for health reasons.

Seventh-day Adventists present a health message that recommends vegetarianism and condones abstinence from pork, shellfish, and other foods proscribed as "unclean" in Leviticus. Alcohol and tobacco are also prohibited.

Dr. John Kellogg, founder of the Kellogg's company and a major supplier of breakfast cereals, was a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The Sanitarium Health Food Company, owned by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, is one of Australia's leading manufacturers of health and vegetarian-related products.

The official Seventh-day Adventist position on abortion is that it is permissable only in exceptional circumstances that present serious moral or medical dilemmas, such as significant threats to the pregnant woman's life, serious jeopardy to her health, severe congenital defects carefully diagnosed in the fetus, and pregnancy resulting from rape or incest. While the general tone toward abortion is negative, the individual Adventist may take any position on the political spectrum. Abortions are performed in Adventist hospitals.

Seventh-day Adventists generally condemn homosexuality. The church does not perform gay marriages or holy unions, and gay men cannot be ordained. Homosexuality of a spouse is given as one of the rare acceptable reasons for divorce. The official statement on sexuality states that sexual acts outside of heterosexual marriage are forbidden. However, individual Adventists may take a much more liberal position.

Seventh-day Adventists have had a long interest in education. The Adventist church runs one of the largest education systems in the world. They operate some 5,700 pre-schools, primary and secondary schools, as well as colleges, universities, seminaries and medical schools in about 145 countries worldwide. This education system involves some 66,000 teachers and 1,257,000 students. The Adventist educational program is comprehensive encompassing "mental, physical, social, and spiritual health" with "intellectual growth and service to humanity" its goal.)
I am SDA and that may well be one of the best descriptions I have read about them.

Rather than just copying reams of info from their main website (www.adventist.org/beliefs/) which will only give all the good warm and fuzzies of things, this is gonna be the stuff you actually need to know about, though not from other denominations who have vested interests in dissing everybody else.

Seventh-Day Adventist Church

"The Seventh-day Adventist Church (abbreviated SDA) is a Christian denomination that grew out of the prophetic "Millerite" ) movement (i.e. William Miller in the United States during the middle part of the 19th century. It considers itself a branch of Protestant Christianity, though differences in doctrine and practice have led some mainstream Christians to dispute that designation.

The name of the Seventh-day Adventist denomination indicates its two main distinctive characteristics: Sabbath observance on the seventh day (i.e., Saturday) and an expectation that the end of the world is drawing near. Other distinguishing characteristics include adherence to the teachings of Ellen G. White (who is regarded as a prophet), and various dietary observances rooted in Jewish law.

As of 2005, the Seventh-day Adventist Church had 12 million baptized members and about 25 million total members and adherents worldwide. The Seventh-day Adventist Church is one of the world's fastest-growing organizations, primarily due to increases in Third World membership. It now operates in 203 out of 228 countries recognized by the United Nations.
History of Seventh-day Adventism

The Adventist movement has its roots in the 19th-century "Millerite movement," which centered on the belief that Jesus Christ would return on October 22, 1844. William Miller (1782-1849) was a farmer who settled in upstate New York after the war of 1812.

He was originally a Deist, but after much private Bible study, Miller converted to Christianity and became a Baptist. He was convinced that the Bible contained coded information about the end of the world and the Second Coming of Jesus. In 1836, he published the book Evidences from Scripture and History of the Second Coming of Christ about the Year 1843.

The prediction of the year 1843 was based in large part on Daniel 8:14: "And he said onto me, unto 2,300 days, then shall the sanctuary be cleansed." Miller believed the "2,300 days" referred to 2,300 years and that the countdown began in 457 BC. He concluded that the "cleansing of the sanctuary" (interpreted as the Second Coming) would occur sometime between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844.

When these dates passed, Samuel Snow, a follower of Miller, interpreted the "tarrying time" referred to in Habakkuk 2:3 as equal to 7 months and 10 days, thus delaying the end time to October 22, 1844. When this date also passed uneventfully, many followers left the movement in what is now termed "The Great Disappointment." Miller himself gradually withdrew from the leadership of the group and died in 1849.

Miller's followers who remained in the movement called themselves Adventists, and taught that the expectation had been fulfilled in a way that had not previously been understood.

Seventh-day Adventists do not eat pork or other unclean meat as identified in the book of Leviticus and many avoid all meat for health reasons.

Seventh-day Adventists present a health message that recommends vegetarianism and condones abstinence from pork, shellfish, and other foods proscribed as "unclean" in Leviticus. Alcohol and tobacco are also prohibited.

Dr. John Kellogg, founder of the Kellogg's company and a major supplier of breakfast cereals, was a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The Sanitarium Health Food Company, owned by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, is one of Australia's leading manufacturers of health and vegetarian-related products.

The official Seventh-day Adventist position on abortion is that it is permissable only in exceptional circumstances that present serious moral or medical dilemmas, such as significant threats to the pregnant woman's life, serious jeopardy to her health, severe congenital defects carefully diagnosed in the fetus, and pregnancy resulting from rape or incest. While the general tone toward abortion is negative, the individual Adventist may take any position on the political spectrum. Abortions are performed in Adventist hospitals.

Seventh-day Adventists generally condemn homosexuality. The church does not perform gay marriages or holy unions, and gay men cannot be ordained. Homosexuality of a spouse is given as one of the rare acceptable reasons for divorce. The official statement on sexuality states that sexual acts outside of heterosexual marriage are forbidden. However, individual Adventists may take a much more liberal position.

Seventh-day Adventists have had a long interest in education. The Adventist church runs one of the largest education systems in the world. They operate some 5,700 pre-schools, primary and secondary schools, as well as colleges, universities, seminaries and medical schools in about 145 countries worldwide. This education system involves some 66,000 teachers and 1,257,000 students. The Adventist educational program is comprehensive encompassing "mental, physical, social, and spiritual health" with "intellectual growth and service to humanity" its goal.)
I am SDA and that may well be one of the best descriptions I have read about them.

Thanks, thought it was pretty fair. Site in question it's from does an encyclopedia-like thing for many religions and denominations from a noticeably pro but unbiased pov.

One of the nicer things about it that stands out is how despite whatever the church's official position may be on things, individuals memebers are permitted their own opinions. As with abortion, diet, etc.

One of the nicer things about it that stands out is how despite whatever the church's official position may be on things, individuals memebers are permitted their own opinions. As with abortion, diet, etc.
I post on the Sabbath which I should not do but keep the diet.
Its like anything takes work and time.

I post on the Sabbath which I should not do but keep the diet.
Its like anything takes work and time.

We aren't forbidden from talking or otherwise communicating on the Sabbath. :)

Shev-----I don't understand your claim that MICHAEL is the messiah.
Who is Michael?

One who's like (reflective[malakh]) God.
The Evening Star (Shalem) who rises to redeem & protect & serve Dan 12:1-4.
The catalyst to the kingdom;
“War Scroll” (4Q471)
Where in verse XVII, says, “God will send eternal bliss by the might of the Princely Angel of the Kingdom of Michael. He will enlighten with joy the children of Israel.
1QM v, 1-2) States:He (Michael)will not have much room to act as Royal Messiah while battling the Sons of Darkness. (too busy debunking myths, lies and ignorance=darkness) but then also adds:
“God himself is a supreme agent of salvation and after him in importance is Michael.”
Spiritual light=knowledge and truth
It is Michael who best knows the scripture of truth- Dan 10:21 thus also called the angel (messenger)
of truth who's name is in the Mikra (bible).
The name is in the Temple (MIKDASH) in his name.- (Melakim {I Kings8:43}
Ma'aser Sheni in the Torah says
About tithing the produced food and eating it at the Temple:
“at the site that He shall choose to place His Name”
Michael is the Thresher thus it's also called the MIKdosh (dosh=thresher).
Refering to removing the chaff from the wheat and thus thin film veil from our eyes as well
(Isaiah 25:7says Moshiach removes the thin veil from our eyes)

Jewish tradition says The name of Moshiach will be in the Torah portions;
Torah portion:
Mikeitz מִקֵּץ – Hebrew for "at the end,"
Ketz= A particularly auspicious time for Moshiach to bring the exile to an end.= Mike is the name of the Moshiach who's revealed in the Torah portion regarding the "RETURN" from Exile.
And thus "Restorer". (Ruth, Jeremiah, Isaiah- Jeremiah 11:20, Jeremiah 23:5-6, Isaiah 51:9, Isaiah 59;19, Is.11:4,
Isaiah 25:8)

It is Michael who defeats the devil which is why the "Mikvah" is the name of the ritual cleansing from death.

Michael is the Shiloh (Genesis, Ezekiel)who over turns the false messiah for shiloh means the "one who's
(actual) right it is", that was stolen by the thief.

In Fact Ezra 1 and Isaiah 44-45 the redeemer is the one who battles with the Persian prince and King Cyrus' heart to do the right thing in gathering the Jews and rebuilding the Temple and Dan 10 tells you who that redeemer is by first & last name. That name coinciding with all these prerequisites, like in the name of the Bible, Temple, city Torah portions etc..

The name of Moshiach is in "the Bible" (Mikra). -Melakim {I Kings8:43)and The Torah-Devarim 14:22

RA in Hebrew=Father in Heaven. =Mike is the Father in Heaven (head of the hosts in Jewish and Islamic traditions).

Michael is the Melchizedek (Messenger & king of righteousness) Scrolls and Jewish tradition.

Michael is the Judge of judgement, the refiners fire..see my posts with sources
( to many to list)

See the over 1200 references backing this on my forum post (to many to list).
Malachi 3:24, The Prophet Haggai 2:6-7 , Ps. 72:16, 4Q285 4-5&10, Psalms 7:7-8
4Q246, 1QS x12-18, 1QSb=1Q28b , 4Q300I ii4=4Q299 2 i I4, Melakim {I Kings8:43)Ezekiel 40-43)(Is.2:2, Zekh.14.16-21) Midrash Rabba (Exodus 18) . Exodus 23:20-22, Micah 4:5, Nahum 1. Isaiah 9:6, 11:2-3, 42:19, 61:2 .Psalms 7:7-9, 82:1, 90:4 .Jeremiel 14.
Talmud Ketubot 56a
Zohar II, 146a-146b

Even some sects of Christianity (JW's, Adventist, Coptics, Urantians, some Universalists and Mormons and few orders of Catholic Diocese) know the Biblical Moshiach is Michael.

Even Celtic traditions know this.
The Columbian tradition tells us that, on secreting the Stone( Lia Fail), the Abbot prophesied that one day 'The Michael' would 'return' to his inheritance.
Interesting enough we find this also in The Coming of Melchizedek 11Q13 Col.2 whereby Michael (the Shiloh of Ezekiel) not only comes back for his inheritance, but will return them to what is rightfully theirs as well thus the term ones who’s right it is refers to returning the Temple and authority back to Jerusalem and the Kohanim.
Coincidentally 'Night of the long knives' is connected with this arthurian saga, this is represented of the truth (sword) being pulled out of the stone (foundation of all things) at least according to the Grail or Holy Order of Knights (Ritters) The one Knight pulls the Sword (truth) from the Stone (Foundation of all things) and is found the worthy one who as well slays the dragon. these legends are all imagery describing the same Biblical stories of Michael slaying the dragon and being called in Dan 10:21 the one who best knows these truths.
Another Clue According to the World Book Encyclopedia, "Saint Michael was the patron saint of knights." The prophecy of the anointed Stone of Destiny, the author of BLOODLINE states that this most sacred relic of Scottish tradition will one day reveal the mysterious personage known as "The Michael." This Stone is believed to be the original Pillar that Jacob dedicated to God after his all-night wrestling vigil with an angel. From all references, this stone represents the House of David that went into oblivion after the wicked king Zedekiah was dethroned.

Hashev------very nice-----you are playing the game of Gematria . Daniel is
galvanized by mushrooms

"Seventh-day Adventists have had a long interest in education."

Save that of Carson.

So a man who has spent his life educating himself, encouraging education, and running on a platform of education is somehow the exception to having a long interest in education?

Stupid statements like this are what face palms were invented for.

Americans are at liberty to believe whatever religion they so desire, or to otherwise be free from faith.

Americans must also acknowledge the fact that the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment prohibits the unwarranted conjoining of religion and government, and that errant, subjective religious dogma may not be codified into secular law all must obey.

So we should repeal all murder laws since they are religious dogma? Do you even think your points out? Or do you just think religion? Ack!

Save that of Carson.

So a man who has spent his life educating himself, encouraging education, and running on a platform of education is somehow the exception to having a long interest in education?

Saw that and was thinking 'brain surgeon...' too stupid to acknowledge. :)

Save that of Carson.

Saw that and was thinking 'brain surgeon...' too stupid to acknowledge. :)

The idea that a brain surgeon that was offered full ride scholarships is an idiot is just beyond stupid

No love lost between me and religion, but the truth is the truth and claiming somoeone with an MD who's a famous brain surgeon doesn't value knowledge is beyond the pale.

Forum List

Back