Incredibly Gutsy

I agree, and I have and do give him much Credit. However I will not sit by and watch Liberals try and make it out like he is the only Reason we got Osama.

Seems to me that you're just upset Obama turned out not to be as "weak on terrorism" as you thought, and that his strategy, which involved moving more troops into Afghanistan, rather than invading Iraq, was the more effective one.

And Obama does in fact deserve a whole bunch of the credit for that strategy, and for pressing attacks on terrorists within Pakistan.

Bush deserves kudos for all that he did, but his strategy was not focused, it was pretty much all over the map. Invading Iraq was a distraction from the war on terror.

Wow, revisionist history is RAMPANT among right-wingers these days.

‘These days’? It’s been that way for quite some time – It’s all they got going for them, the facts certainly aren’t on their side.

I'm just laughing at the implication that the US actually hurt the UK by helping them in WWII.

I'm sorry, but I hope the person who said that is joking. If not, they must be schizophrenic.

Seriously Brit, if that wasn't a joke, seek help.

Dumb ass.

Sending armed forces into another country without their permission is an act of war under all applicable international laws. That means, if you believe that Pakistan did not approve the raid in advance, we just attacked Pakistan.

If you point out any place I said that Obama did not make the right call I will be happy to admit that I said that. Until then, the only real reason you have to jump me is for calling out people who jumped on Bush for this while supporting Obama for doing the exact same thing. Did I strike a nerve?

Dumb ass.

Harboring and aiding Osama Bin Laden is an act of war on the part of Pakistan.

So fuck them.

If they want to get involved in a war with the US, while India waits anxiously to attack them at the drop of a hat on their eastern border... well, that's a war they'd lose right quick I'm thinking.

Again it boggles the mind...some folks here (NOT YOU QW), have alot to learn about Sovereignty of a piece of land...

So the Pakis knew Bin Laden was there and using it as his base of operations?

Or was he in the country illegally, and therefore the US was simply helping the Pakis defend themselves against a hostile invader?

Which is it?

If it's the former, then Pakistan was already conducting war against the US.

If it's the latter, then they should be grateful we helped them out.

A Democrat saved your ass in WWII. Guess you forgot about that.

ROFL! Sorry, but we were in no danger of being invaded by Nazi Germany or Japan. By becoming allies with the Soviet Union and sending it $billions in arms, FDR turned it into a much bigger threat than Nazi Germany ever could have been.

Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. Then Hitler declared war on the US.
Japanese and Nazi subs were off the coasts of the US throughout WW2.
Read something.

Last edited:
Dumb ass.

Sending armed forces into another country without their permission is an act of war under all applicable international laws. That means, if you believe that Pakistan did not approve the raid in advance, we just attacked Pakistan.

If you point out any place I said that Obama did not make the right call I will be happy to admit that I said that. Until then, the only real reason you have to jump me is for calling out people who jumped on Bush for this while supporting Obama for doing the exact same thing. Did I strike a nerve?

Dumb ass.

Harboring and aiding Osama Bin Laden is an act of war on the part of Pakistan.

So fuck them.

If they want to get involved in a war with the US, while India waits anxiously to attack them at the drop of a hat on their eastern border... well, that's a war they'd lose right quick I'm thinking.

Then you agree with Bush? If you aren't with us you are against us, or something like that? That means we could attack Pakistan, and were justified under the Bush Doctrine.

Good to know.

Can you tell how that makes me a dumb ass, since I pointed out that we did actually attack Pakistan?

ROFL. Wow, revisionist history is RAMPANT among right-wingers these days.

SO, you're saying, and let me make sure I have this right, that America fucked things up for the UK by coming to help in WWII.

Right?

Where did I even mention the UK? America fucked things up for itself by becoming allies with the Soviet Union. We would have been much better off if we had let Germany and the USSR destroy each other.

A Democrat saved your ass in WWII. Guess you forgot about that.

ROFL! Sorry, but we were in no danger of being invaded by Nazi Germany or Japan. By becoming allies with the Soviet Union and sending it $billions in arms, FDR turned it into a much bigger threat than Nazi Germany ever could have been.

Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. Then Hitler declared war on the US.
Japanese and Nazi subs were off the coasts of the US throughout WW2.
Read something.

So when did Japan invade us? How about Germany?

Furthermore, FDR goaded Japan into attacking us. He conspired with the British and the Dutch to totally cutoff their oil supply. They had no choice but to attack someone.

Read something.

THIS..is the way you prosecute a war on terror.

You mean by acting on information secured by the procedures and policies put in place by your predecessor, or do you mean by pretending that your activities and the information they're based on took place in some historical vacuum, with no connection to previous administrations?

THIS..is the way you prosecute a war on terror.

I have to laugh at the way that Rush mocked (I should say, attempted to mock) Obama as being gutsy. These drone strikes have been going on for months.

Meanwhile, the RW's beloved "tough-on-terrorists" George W. Bush never found the guts to take the war to the terrorists in Pakistan and Yemen the way Obama does. Instead, they said that Obama "dithered."

Come on. Be friggin' real! The one who dithered was Bush, for crying out loud. It's Obama that has the steel spine!

Yes, DAMN that Bush for dithering around and not acting . . . on information HE didn't have yet.

How fucking impressed am I actually supposed to be over Obama's "superiority" to Bush which actually amounts to nothing more than being President at a later date than Bush was? I appreciate that he acted on the info, but it's juvenile in the extreme to take all the credit and act like this was an isolated, solo act rather than an ensemble performance over time.

Can't tell if your being serious or sarcastic? :confused:

Yeah, those drone attacks are really "gutsy". I'll bet there's guts all over the place:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/18/world/asia/18pakistan.html
Several missiles fired from American drone aircraft on Thursday struck a meeting of local people in northwest Pakistan who had gathered with Taliban mediators to settle a dispute over a chromite mine. The attack, a Pakistani intelligence official said, killed 26 of 32 people present, SOME of them Taliban fighters, but THE MAJORITY elders and local people not attached to the militants.
You know, I read somewhere that Obama won a, what is it called, Nobel Peace Prize? You think maybe he misplaced it or just doesn't care?

I think that Obama knows that his first loyalty is to the safety and security of the American people, Nobel Prize notwithstanding.

Well, it was nice of him to catch on to that fact, however belatedly. Don't expect me to cream myself over him because he FINALLY noticed where his loyalty belonged, given that he campaigned for President on the "evils" of the very Bush policies he subsequently continued and then used to achieve his "mighty victory".

I've always loved the habit liberals have of announcing facts that are blindingly, painfully obvious to the rest of the world, and then expect to be applauded and feted as though they've uttered an astoundingly original profundity.

And while I regret the loss of innocent lives, I dare say that fewer innocents are killed in a drone attack then by an all out assault by war planes, helicopter gunships, and the withering fire from tanks that are firing uranium depleted shells in large areas of Baghdad and other Iraqi cities especially when the Iraqis didn't have a damn thing to do with 9-11 in the first place.

I daresay that the left, including Obama, bitched about that very thing when he was on the campaign trail, yet now I'm hearing, "Oh, well, can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs" from the same sources.

Nice to know the tunnel vision of "9-11, there's nothing to the war on terror except 9-11" hasn't faded, though. I'd hate for all liberal consistency to be lost to hypocrisy.

Can't tell if your being serious or sarcastic? :confused:

Yeah, those drone attacks are really "gutsy". I'll bet there's guts all over the place:

Liberal dictionary:
====================================================
gutsy - when a lib violates all of his most profound principles.

And the others violate all of theirs in order to applaud him.

Rush is right. Obama is INCREDIBLY gutsy.

Just days after a predawn raid by Navy SEALS killed OBL, the US launches another drone attack inside Pakistan which reportedly killed 15 militants. And this is taking place despite Pakistan's protests.

As I recall, Bush just tiptoed on the issue of going after militants inside Pakistan even as he sent billions of US dollars to Musharraff.

US Drone Strike Kills 15 Militants, Says Pakistan | South Asia | English

Strange.

When Bush attacked countries and used cowboy diplomacy it was a bad thing, what makes it good when Obama does it?

Next question.

How is that, by killing innocent people by remote control?

It's a war chief.

Innocent people are bound to die.

That's not what all the so-called anti-war libtards said during the Iraq war. Every single civilian death meant Bush was a war criminal.

Now none of you gives a hoot.

I am soooo shocked!

Yeah, the only bigger shock I've had recently was when ::gasp!:: the sun came up this morning.

Rush is right. Obama is INCREDIBLY gutsy.

Just days after a predawn raid by Navy SEALS killed OBL, the US launches another drone attack inside Pakistan which reportedly killed 15 militants. And this is taking place despite Pakistan's protests.

As I recall, Bush just tiptoed on the issue of going after militants inside Pakistan even as he sent billions of US dollars to Musharraff.

US Drone Strike Kills 15 Militants, Says Pakistan | South Asia | English

Gutsy or criminal?

Forum List

Back