In your opinion who is the most intelligent member of the opposing faction?

Morality aside for a moment, who do you see as the most intelligent of your opposition?

For me it has to be Trey Gowdy or Ted Cruz.

EDIT: Bill O'Reilly is a very intelligent asshole.

I was thinking Ted Cruz as well. At least he is able to read Dr. Suess

All kidding aside, Ron Johnson is a pretty intelligent piece of sh!t

I think Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer are probably both pretty smart, in a low cunning sort of way. Their leadership positions would require a certain amount of intelligence.

Honestly, it's hard to tell, because most Democrats spout illogical nonsense, and they're all pretty good at doing it with a straight face. So you end up having to guess which ones are true-believing useful idiots, and which ones are calculated liars.

I think it's important to note that ignorance and stupidity are not the same thing and are not always comorbid.

I define ignorance as not having knowledge. I define stupidity as not having knowledge, not wanting knowledge, and being proud of it. For example, my 11-year-old is pretty ignorant of many things, because he's young and hasn't had time to learn about a lot of things yet. My 30-year-old, on the other hand, is stupid on many things because she's had the time to learn it and has refused to do so.

Intelligence, on the other hand, is how fast you can absorb and understand information, and how effectively you can think and apply information to a situation. There's also a big difference between intelligence and common sense.

Most older Democrat politicians are reasonably intelligent, I would think. Not all of them, because people like Maxine Waters have been genuine dimbulbs for as long as I can remember. I also think an increasing number of new politicians in both parties are not actually all that intelligent and are replacing thinking with emoting. But I think the problem is far worse on the Democrat side than on the Republican. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a Democrat to come on the political scene recently who I believed had the brains to come in out of the rain. Maybe that's just because the emoting politicians are the ones getting the camera time.

Morality aside for a moment, who do you see as the most intelligent of your opposition?

I think Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer are probably both pretty smart, in a low cunning sort of way. Their leadership positions would require a certain amount of intelligence.

Honestly, it's hard to tell, because most Democrats spout illogical nonsense, and they're all pretty good at doing it with a straight face. So you end up having to guess which ones are true-believing useful idiots, and which ones are calculated liars.

Back in the day Carville was pretty sharp. Also ruthless.

True. I keep forgetting that little alien fucker is still alive.

My 30-year-old, on the other hand, is stupid on many things because she's had the time to learn it and has refused to do so.

So, if your 30 year old doesn't know how to change a fuel pump in a car, for no other reason than learning to work on cars was something that didn't interest her, she's stupid?

Wow, you must've been a real fuckin' treat to grow up with...

Ted Cruz is both smart and the dumbest guy in the room at the same time.

Dick Cheney.
I was thinking Karl Rove.

I thought about that too. However like Steve Bannon I think he just happened to be there at the right time. At least he still has a job while Bannon appears to be going down in flames.
However..it must be said.....Karl Rove single-handedly saved the Republican party with his Gerrymandering plan. He caught the Democrats completely off-guard during the state elections...and ensured control for the minority Republicans--the tail wags the dog..in many places..due to Rove.

Dick Cheney.

I thought about that too. However like Steve Bannon I think he just happened to be there at the right time. At least he still has a job while Bannon appears to be going down in flames.
However..it must be said.....Karl Rove single-handedly saved the Republican party with his Gerrymandering plan. He caught the Democrats completely off-guard during the state elections...and ensured control for the minority Republicans--the tail wags the dog..in many places..due to Rove.

Like democrats don't gerrymander in States where they control the legislatures.

Joe Biden is the Dim's sharpest knife in the drawer. I think he's doing differential calculus problems in his head while he eats his morning bran muffin. :D

Dick Cheney.

Good point.

Dick Cheney.

Both sides have been known to gerrymander but the GOP has taken it to a whole new level.

Dick Cheney.

Of course they do..but Rove was a genius about it..he saw the big picture and put it all together. The Democrat's Gerrymandering is haphazard in comparison..and, to be honest, they don't need it as much, as they outnumber the Republicans in a lot of places.

EDIT: Bill O'Reilly is a very intelligent asshole.
Democrats and Republicans are both Americans, not opposing forces. But lately you have to wonder where the Democrats loyalty is.

Our smartest opposition ?

fun39.gif

Dick Cheney.

Both sides have been known to gerrymander but the GOP has taken it to a whole new level.

Please, I live in a very "red" district in a blue State, and my district crosses a body of water to link it to a hard blue minority area.

Forum List

Back