In the words of RR "Are you better of today

Than 4 years ago?
4 years ago we had 5% UE
we had a deficit that was 163 billion
the DJIA was 14,000

do we really want 4 more years of this?
all of the spin in the world cannot change that

Am I? Yeah, actually. All my needs are met.

Most of America is not so lucky.

Unless they are America's wealthy. Then they're peachy-keen, jellybean!

In the words of RR.........................

Reagan--No Loopholes For Millionaires - YouTube

haven't seen this one on the networks, have ya?

Ronald Reagan said 10% (tax rate) in that video.

Who else agrees that a 10% tax rate for everybody is fair?

Not me. That's absurd, someone who earns 30k pays 3k and nets 27k; someone who 'earns' $3,000,000 pays 30 million and nets 2.7 million. The road to a plutocracy and the death of our republic is assured. Is that what you want?

Than 4 years ago?
4 years ago we had 5% UE
the DJIA was 14,000

nice to go back before bush's crash...

:thup:

We could go back to "time before stimulus" at just over 7% unemployment, to "time after stimulus" the Democrats struggling to keep it below 10%. Then sit back and watch as the left does their best to explain [a.k.a. "SPIN"] that the bill actually worked to SAVE our economy, so lets pump money in to rebuild our bridges and our roads, to put teachers back in the classroom, you know the same :eusa_boohoo: story Obama played for us before.

Oh that's right, those "shovel ready projects" he sold us on before, weren't so shovel ready now were they?

Last edited:
exactly what magic trick could obama have done that would have fixed the fundamental problems in the economy?

how do you believe anything would have been different had he not been elected?

You're kidding right? He has done everything he could do to hurt the economy and I don't think he even understood it was the worst thing he could have done. Obviously, you don't, either.

He has been a brain surgeon using a sledge hammer, a dentist using dynamite, a chef working in an outhouse, a big game humter in Times Square, a bull in a China shop and so on and on.

He is the wrong guy using the wrong tools in the wrong place. There is no way he can help the situation. He has succeeded in doing every thing that he wanted to do and everything he wanted to do has been the wrong move. How much damage must he wreak before the rest of us see what most of see right now and some of us have seen for a while.

The Big 0 is the worst choice. ANYBODY would be an improvement.

Exactly! What would Obama do AFTER the two year project to rebuild that bridge was over, pour more Federal money in? Obama and Reed just don't get it! I watched Obama pitch his SPIN to try and sell this piece of crap bill, shaking my head. This is the same "recycled" speech he has given us before, this President and his left-wing party is just fresh out of ideas. It's sad, but this is what a true lack of leadership brings to the table as President. Chris Christie was right, Obama has failed the ultimate litmans test -- leadership.

Comments on Obama's run for president
Listen to how Christie doesn't look for someone to "compare" himself to so he can boost his ego (unlike Obama).

Last edited by a moderator:

Not me. That's absurd, someone who earns 30k pays 3k and nets 27k; someone who 'earns' $3,000,000 pays 30 million and nets 2.7 million. The road to a plutocracy and the death of our republic is assured. Is that what you want?

Yeah god forbid people get to keep more of their own money; The fucking horror of it all!!!!

Than 4 years ago?
4 years ago we had 5% UE
the DJIA was 14,000

I'm better off today; I was smart enough to close out my deferred compensation when GWB began to cut taxes and increase spending. I was able to pay off my oldest son's college loans and buy my youngest son and his wife a home.

I watched Reagan mortgage the ranch and create a huge national debt, cut middle class wages and benefits, and redistribute the wealth so that the rich got richer. It was obvious what was happening so in the 80's I bought precious metal. When Clinton came to town I went to stocks, worked real well until Jr. came to town;. Holy shit, what an incompetent! Cut taxes, wage war and piss on the working men and women. I went back to gold, and that worked out very well.

Whenever the R's come to power invest in gold. The power elite does, and so should the rest of us.

Gold has never been a better investment until now, when this current administration decided to keep printing currency and make the US dollar almost worthless as a global currency (effecting our AAA rating for the first time in our nation's history). Have you ever heard of gold prices being this high since as far back as Carter? Now there was another Democrat that took an an economy and made it a lot worse, for those of us who remember. I thought domestic issues, like the economy, was to be the Democrats strong suit? Presidents Carter's and Obama's economic numbers are terrible, when compared to any recent Republican.

Last edited:
exactly what magic trick could obama have done that would have fixed the fundamental problems in the economy?

how do you believe anything would have been different had he not been elected?

I do know the year he spent making speeches on Health Care Reform, I kept asking just WHEN is he going to talk about the economy and address the unemployment??? We were in dire financial straits and he had the audacity to change the subject!

Our financial problems led to a world crisis. Countries begged us to stop the spending and get our house in order. I do not think for a minute that we would have experienced the lowering of our rating or the deepening of the crisis had he spent that time looking for answers from experts outside of the administration.

Health Care Reform could have waited months or even a year. But the economy and people without incomes could not.

In retrospect health care reform could have waited. Suggesting the rising cost of health care didn't impact the entire economy is wrong. If Obama had studied efforts by the Clinton Administration to reform health care in America he would have known the special interests would never surrender their golden goose. Sadly, Obama cares about Americans and their children and put them before himself, his party and his reelection. How foolish.

If Government run Health Care is the answer to the economy, then why is Massachussets Health Care bringing so much added debt to the state, and made "quality" of care a lot worse?

From the USA Today, here are the wait times to see a doctor in the following cities:

Boston: 49.6
Philadelphia: 27
Los Angeles: 24.2
Houston: 23.4
Washington, D.C.: 22.6
San Diego 20.2
Minneapolis: 19.8
Dallas: 19.2
New York: 19.2
Denver: 15.4 days
Miami: 15.4 days

Wait times to see doctor are getting longer - USATODAY.com

Massachusetts' Obama-like Reforms Increase Health Costs, Wait Times
by Michael F. Cannon

How health care reforms approved in 2006 have affected the Bay State:

Costs increase
Area . . . . . . . . . 2003 . . . . . 2008 . . . . . Percent change
Massachusetts . . . .$9,867. . . . $13,788 . . . . . . . . 40%
U.S. . . . . . . . . . . . $9,249 . . . .$12,298 . . . . . . . . 33%

Waiting times rise
Boston wait times in everage days*
Specialty . . . . . . . . . . 2004 . . 2009
Cardiology . . . . . . . . . . . .37 . . . . 21
Dermatology . . . . . . . . . . 50 . . . . 54
OB/GYN . . . . . . . . . . . . . .45 . . . . 70
Orthopedic sergery . . . . . .24 . . . . 40

Massachusetts' Obama-like Reforms Increase Health Costs, Wait Times | Michael F. Cannon | Cato Institute: Commentary

Than 4 years ago?
4 years ago we had 5% UE
the DJIA was 14,000

I'm better off today; I was smart enough to close out my deferred compensation when GWB began to cut taxes and increase spending. I was able to pay off my oldest son's college loans and buy my youngest son and his wife a home.

I watched Reagan mortgage the ranch and create a huge national debt, cut middle class wages and benefits, and redistribute the wealth so that the rich got richer. It was obvious what was happening so in the 80's I bought precious metal. When Clinton came to town I went to stocks, worked real well until Jr. came to town;. Holy shit, what an incompetent! Cut taxes, wage war and piss on the working men and women. I went back to gold, and that worked out very well.

Whenever the R's come to power invest in gold. The power elite does, and so should the rest of us.

Gold has never been a better investment until now, when this current administration decided to keep printing currency and make the US dollar almost worthless as a global currency (effecting our AAA rating for the first time in our nation's history). Have you ever heard of gold prices being this high since as far back as Carter? Now there was another Democrat that took an an economy and made it a lot worse, for those of us who remember. I thought domestic issues, like the economy, was to be the Democrats strong suit? Presidents Carter's and Obama's economic numbers are terrible, when compared to any recent Republican.

Its like I responded earlier to that thread, everyone that has cash to invest really have no where else to go
Govt bonds and gold. This is a direct result of of the failed policies of the current administration.
We had a crumbling sector in 2008, not the entire economy. The housing sector took with it the bundeled up securities that in turn was taking down wall street. Thanks to Paulson and the tax payer that event was stopped.
The housing sector has been ignored while at the same time BHO took advantage of these events and pumped 100s of billions into theose he knew in time would return that cash back to him in donations to his re-election account.
GM had nothing to do with these events.
Teachers losing there jobs had little to do with these events
Health-care reform was an item that needed a smart as well a one step at a time reform. What we got instead was trillions pumped into places that had nothing to do with resolving the issues that would put our economy back on its feet.
Never allow a crises to go to waste

Trillions of un funded dollars have put gold where it is today as well as policies that have done nothing to undo the mess we are in

I do know the year he spent making speeches on Health Care Reform, I kept asking just WHEN is he going to talk about the economy and address the unemployment??? We were in dire financial straits and he had the audacity to change the subject!

Our financial problems led to a world crisis. Countries begged us to stop the spending and get our house in order. I do not think for a minute that we would have experienced the lowering of our rating or the deepening of the crisis had he spent that time looking for answers from experts outside of the administration.

Health Care Reform could have waited months or even a year. But the economy and people without incomes could not.

In retrospect health care reform could have waited. Suggesting the rising cost of health care didn't impact the entire economy is wrong. If Obama had studied efforts by the Clinton Administration to reform health care in America he would have known the special interests would never surrender their golden goose. Sadly, Obama cares about Americans and their children and put them before himself, his party and his reelection. How foolish.

If Government run Health Care is the answer to the economy, then why is Massachussets Health Care bringing so much added debt to the state, and made "quality" of care a lot worse?

From the USA Today, here are the wait times to see a doctor in the following cities:

Boston: 49.6
Philadelphia: 27
Los Angeles: 24.2
Houston: 23.4
Washington, D.C.: 22.6
San Diego 20.2
Minneapolis: 19.8
Dallas: 19.2
New York: 19.2
Denver: 15.4 days
Miami: 15.4 days

Wait times to see doctor are getting longer - USATODAY.com

Massachusetts' Obama-like Reforms Increase Health Costs, Wait Times
by Michael F. Cannon

How health care reforms approved in 2006 have affected the Bay State:

Costs increase
Area . . . . . . . . . 2003 . . . . . 2008 . . . . . Percent change
Massachusetts . . . .$9,867. . . . $13,788 . . . . . . . . 40%
U.S. . . . . . . . . . . . $9,249 . . . .$12,298 . . . . . . . . 33%

Waiting times rise
Boston wait times in everage days*
Specialty . . . . . . . . . . 2004 . . 2009
Cardiology . . . . . . . . . . . .37 . . . . 21
Dermatology . . . . . . . . . . 50 . . . . 54
OB/GYN . . . . . . . . . . . . . .45 . . . . 70
Orthopedic sergery . . . . . .24 . . . . 40

Massachusetts' Obama-like Reforms Increase Health Costs, Wait Times | Michael F. Cannon | Cato Institute: Commentary

Health-care needs an event that will allow the public sector to offer insurance that would be a policy that would prevent the loss of life and financial freedom due to a catostrphic event, to set the condtions in place thru federal mandates as well as support.

It is not a simple matter that I can share here as my feelings go, but I am a cancer survivor with a policy that is at best basic, that costs me the same as a small car payment. If a policy such as this was offered to all thru 4-6 of our largest companies with oversight as well as enough common yet simple coverages, we could bring that cost down to a place were every-one could afford it by simply having the many pay for the needs of the few

Obama care is a wreck and is un-funded. Using the claim that this program would save 500 billion from Medicare was a simple lie that cannot be proved until its to late

Your question is loaded and based upon a false premise.

Name a country that has taxed high income earners enough to increase the wealth of the lower income earners.
Trust me on this, no country has ever taxed itself into prosperity.

Your question is loaded and based upon a false premise.

Name a country that has taxed high income earners enough to increase the wealth of the lower income earners.
Trust me on this, no country has ever taxed itself into prosperity.

9-9-9 is a better system
the super rich will get hit with 27% and be glad to pay it. I am 100% in favor of everyone paying taxes

in a system that provides all we provide 60.00 a week is fair. that same person would pay that much for allot of items with a far less return

Health-care needs an event that will allow the public sector to offer insurance that would be a policy that would prevent the loss of life and financial freedom due to a catostrphic event, to set the condtions in place thru federal mandates as well as support.

It is not a simple matter that I can share here as my feelings go, but I am a cancer survivor with a policy that is at best basic, that costs me the same as a small car payment. If a policy such as this was offered to all thru 4-6 of our largest companies with oversight as well as enough common yet simple coverages, we could bring that cost down to a place were every-one could afford it by simply having the many pay for the needs of the few

Obama care is a wreck and is un-funded. Using the claim that this program would save 500 billion from Medicare was a simple lie that cannot be proved until its to late

Health Care is a problem that has steadily gotten worse through government regulations and government interference into the private sector. Ted Kennedy started the government ball rolling, believing the Federal Government could do a better job at providing a cheaper form of care. As a result, it is extremely difficult to get involved into a Health Care System without going through a government establish "regulation" of HMOs or PPOs. Now ADD to the problem, states offering different regulation requirements that makes it impossible to obtain insurance across state lines. The result? Higher health insurance coverages and higher premiums. Is it really surprising?

Obama's solution. Throw even more government regulations that tightens the noose on health care. We've already seen the result of adding more uninsured Americans under the Massachussetts Health Care system. More costs, longer waits in the ER, and those uninsured not adding to the burden of expensive treatment. As anyone who has done an internet search can see, overall cost for health care for the state of Massachussetts went up. However, like the American Jobs Act, and the National Debt, the rich should simply pay their fair share. A tunnel vision, close minded approach by the liberals to cover any Federal Government cost. However with the need for revenue, the Rich will not be enough to cover it all and the left will HAVE NO CHOICE but approach "Middle America" with the bill.

Historical correlation. As government got more involved in health care, costs went up. Kaiser Permanente was the example of Ted Kennedy's first attempt on looking to Government to try and provide a cheap Health Care System. When cost of care got worse, Massachussetts looked to a state funded program for the solution. Now Obama, Pelosi and Reed established a foundation "Obamacare" when they saw health care increase. Each and every time the Liberals looked to the government to provide the answer, when someone SHOULD have stopped and asked: "Has government regulations and interference actually been the problem?"

Last edited:
Are You Better Off Than 4 years ago?

Actually, yes. But I give Obama no credit for that.

And if I were worse off than 4 years ago I’d give Obama no blame.

4 years ago we had 5% UE
the DJIA was 14,000

It’s not a matter of ‘spin,’ it’s a matter of fact. The December 2007 recession started 13 months before Obama took office. The bad economic conditions we’re experiencing now are the residual consequence of that recession, having noting to do with Obama. We’ll more than likely continue to experience these poor economic conditions for another five to ten years, particularly with regard to the housing market and unemployment. And a republican president in 2013 will have no effect on the economy as well, good or bad.

Health Care is a problem that has steadily gotten worse through government regulations and government interference into the private sector. Ted Kennedy started the government ball rolling, believing the Federal Government could do a better job at providing a cheaper form of care. As a result, it is extremely difficult to get involved into a Health Care System without going through a government establish "regulation" of HMOs or PPOs. Now ADD to the problem, states offering different regulation requirements that makes it impossible to obtain insurance across state lines. The result? Higher health insurance coverages and higher premiums. Is it really surprising?

Obama's solution. Throw even more government regulations that tightens the noose on health care. We've already seen the result of adding more uninsured Americans under the Massachussetts Health Care system. More costs, longer waits in the ER, and those uninsured not adding to the burden of expensive treatment. As anyone who has done an internet search can see, overall cost for health care for the state of Massachussetts went up. However, like the American Jobs Act, and the National Debt, the rich should simply pay their fair share. A tunnel vision, close minded approach by the liberals to cover any federal Government cost. However with the need for revenue, the Rich will not be enough to cover it all and the left will HAVE NO CHOICE but approach "Middle America" with the bill.

Historical correlation. As government got more involved in health care, costs went up. Kaiser Permanente was the example of Ted Kennedy's first attempt on looking to Government to try and provide a cheap Health Care System. When cost of care got worse, Massachussetts looked to a state funded program for the solution. Now Obama, Pelosi and Reed established a foundation "Obamacare" when they saw health care increase. Each and every time the Liberals looked to the government to provide the answer, when someone SHOULD have stopped and asked: "Has government regulations and interference actually been the problem?"

Obama-care ia a 2 way event. It was the intent to have either fail in court so that it could become a single payer system (If he couls have kept the power he had) or it become a single payer system because the program as it is failed.
If the federal govt would create the conditons thru tax breaks as well as a simplistic coverage parameters thru those breaks the private sector would respond with a coverage that could be offered to those who need coverage that would directed at the middle class by type as well as cost that by the number that would respond to that type could make it affordable.

We have insurance for those who cannot afford it, its called medicade as well as medicare. What we are missing is a policy for those who make 25-35,000 a year who cannot get thru there job

If we gave the consumer a tax break of 2-4000 a year in that group that proved they had that coverage as well as regulate the margin of profit in conjuction with tax breaks to those who supplied it could be the resolution to this issue

Sort of like how we treat our power providers.
Limit it those who would follow those federal mandates
regulaute there progit margin
mandate the coverage minimums
keep it simple

The federal govt has failed in medicare. A program that cost me more than the co-payment on my personal insurance does now

Last edited:

4 years ago we had 5% UE
the DJIA was 14,000

It’s not a matter of ‘spin,’ it’s a matter of fact. The December 2007 recession started 13 months before Obama took office. The bad economic conditions we’re experiencing now are the residual consequence of that recession, having noting to do with Obama. We’ll more than likely continue to experience these poor economic conditions for another five to ten years, particularly with regard to the housing market and unemployment. And a republican president in 2013 will have no effect on the economy as well, good or bad.

The 13 month number is in reality not accurate, thats part of the spin. we had a positive GDP as I recall 1st 1/4 of 08
UE was below 5% last 1/4 of 07. 13 months is ok with me, and thats what the left media has made to be the truth any way. It really has no bearing with the real problem

No-one has ever tried to state that Obama was not handed some serious problems

GWB was handed a recession along with 4000 people being killed on 9-11
lets not forget that we lost 2 million jobs from 01-03
Enron as well as the stock market having some serious issues. From 03-08 we created 6 million jobs and got thru all of this with out spending 4 trillion dollars we did not have.

My point is the issue is not about the economy as it is, the issue is with all of the money we have spent and the economy being where it is today.
We also have no end in sight. The problem came from the housing sector collapsing, but yet we have done nothing to replace it

Jobs come from the private sector investing in these different sectors. Where we would we be today if the tax breaks was the only stimulus we had, we allowed GM and Chrysler get what they deserved, the fossil fuel sector would have been allowed to go in the direction it was going towards the end of 08, the power industry would have been allowed to actually build nuclear power, and the oil shale industry would be allowed to expand as we ll as the refining of like Canada and Mexico is allowed?

The issue is not with 2008, it is with 2011 and how we got here

4 years ago we had 5% UE
the DJIA was 14,000

The problem with the economy was actually exasperated through Obama's policies. Threatening companies with the enforcement of Obamacare, then threatening those who make over $200,000 hasn't helped, by rather hindered, companies from desiring to hire. With the added regulations to banks, making it harder for businesses to receive their much needed loans, the United States under this administration has become a harsh environment to do business in.

4 years ago we had 5% UE
the DJIA was 14,000

The problem with the economy was actually exasperated through Obama's policies. Threatening companies with the enforcement of Obamacare, then threatening those who make over $200,000 hasn't helped, by rather hindered, companies from desiring to hire. With the added regulations to banks, making it harder for businesses to receive their much needed loans, the United States under this administration has become a harsh environment to do business in.

My point exacty. It not about what he was handed, its what he did with it. No-one could imagine what all of this means as it reflects to having 4000 people killed as we faced 9-11-2001. BHO has went thru 4 trillion dollars we do not have and we are still down 6 million jobs from 08 (about 6 million, maybe a little less) that link to those numbers has been supplied herein other threads

no-one said it would be easy. His performance has everything to do what he did to make it worse

Than 4 years ago?
4 years ago we had 5% UE
the DJIA was 14,000

And now to be stuck in an Insane Obama economy....with a President that just wants to keep throwing money that we don't have at a problem he has no idea how to fix... :doubt:

Than 4 years ago?
4 years ago we had 5% UE
the DJIA was 14,000

And now to be stuck in an Insane Obama economy....with a President that just wants to keep throwing money that we don't have at a problem he has no idea how to fix... :doubt:

Jillian
I went back to the last GOP budget, which we had a 163 billion dollar defict. this would also be the first year the democrats took over congress
Evey action has a re action. I went back 4 years because of those reasons. That the 1/2 of the truth that never gets told

Than 4 years ago?
4 years ago we had 5% UE
the DJIA was 14,000

Bush didn't have a crash. If you are talking about the housing market, that was the result of dimwit policies. Bush did fine until dimwits took control of the house and senate when we got the tweedle dee and tweedle dum(reid and Pelosi).

Forum List

Back