What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cantor says he's concerned by 'mobs' at 'Occupy Wall Street'

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Reaction score
House GOP Leader Eric Cantor decried the protests that started several weeks ago in New York, and have spread to major cities across the country. Cantor said in a speech at the Values Voters Summit in Washington that he is "increasingly concerned" about the "growing mobs" represented at the protests.

First Read - Cantor says he's concerned by 'mobs' at 'Occupy Wall Street'

While I STILL have no idea what the "Occupy Wallstreet" folks want, I cannot see how they are any different than any of the Tea Party events that Cantor and his fellow Republicans loved. Do they even care how hypocritical they sound anymore?

konradv

Platinum Member
Reaction score
House GOP Leader Eric Cantor decried the protests that started several weeks ago in New York, and have spread to major cities across the country. Cantor said in a speech at the Values Voters Summit in Washington that he is "increasingly concerned" about the "growing mobs" represented at the protests.

While I STILL have no idea what the "Occupy Wallstreet" folks want, I cannot see how they are any different than any of the Tea Party events that Cantor and his fellow Republicans loved. Do they even care how hypocritical they sound anymore?

I'm concerned that Cantor isn't doing his job. He'd rather see us go through another year of stagnation than lift a finger to help America for fear that it would also help Obama.

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
Reaction score
why is it called occupy wallstreet?

becuase they know wallstreet caused this mess with their speculation.

There are no mobs just Americans in thr street saying THIS IS WRONG fix it experts.

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Reaction score

They're biting the hand that feeds him.

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
Reaction score

They're biting the hand that feeds him.

Kinda, they are biting the masters hand because the masters hands are on the chains holding the people back.

Jarhead

Gold Member
Reaction score

True..

Although there is a growing concern here in NY by the anti semetic sentiment...not a "muffled" word on a recording that may be the "N" word as was heard at a tea party ralley.

Furthermore, I dont think the tea party ralleys over the 2 years had a total of over 800 arrests....meaning that these ralleys are in less control of themselves.

But they have a right to be heard...and I support their efforts.

But I am curious....Pelosi knocked the tea party ralleys when they started....yet applauds the wall street protests.

DO you not agree that that, too, is hypocrisy?

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Reaction score

That's because you are as dumb as dirt. But we can't help that now can we?

OP
VaYank5150

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Reaction score

True..

Although there is a growing concern here in NY by the anti semetic sentiment...not a "muffled" word on a recording that may be the "N" word as was heard at a tea party ralley.

Furthermore, I dont think the tea party ralleys over the 2 years had a total of over 800 arrests....meaning that these ralleys are in less control of themselves.

But I am curious....Pelosi knocked the tea party ralleys when they started....yet applauds the wall street protests.

Of course...you are talking Nancy Pelosi. Isn't she the one who muttered those most famous words "We must pass this bill in order to find out what is in it"? Paraphrasing, of course...

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Reaction score

Cantor didn't even attend the teaparty events, he made Bachmann and Palin get out there in the trenches. He's a coward and an asshole.

I'm concerned about the mob running the House.

I have a feeling the Wall Street events will become the death knell for the teaparty. That and Obama's daily reminders regarding the do nothing House.

Defiant1

Gold Member
Reaction score
Please tell me what property the Tea Party Movement "occupied" for more than a few hours.

Lonestar_logic

Republic of Texas
Reaction score

How many Tea Partiers were arrested at their events?

OP
VaYank5150

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Reaction score

A cursory Google search turns up nothing definitive, sorry.

Jarhead

Gold Member
Reaction score

True..

Of course...you are talking Nancy Pelosi. Isn't she the one who muttered those most famous words "We must pass this bill in order to find out what is in it"? Paraphrasing, of course...

well, that being said.....

Cantor is another hypocrite in washington and one day the people will stop defending their party of choice and start working together to ensure that our employees, (our government) do what is in the best interest of the country...

But, alas, here we are...day in and day out...rationalizing the actions of our party of choice while blasting the same actions of the opposing party.

Jarhead

Gold Member
Reaction score

A cursory Google search turns up nothing definitive, sorry.

I have found a total of 10 nationwide to date....all at one ralley.

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
Reaction score

True..

Have you viewed the tapes , These people are being harrassed by some of the white shirt( means they are higher ups) cops.

How many tea party people were maced for standing behind a barracade as instructed?

konradv

Platinum Member
Reaction score

True..

If you're paraphrasing, then NO SHE DIDN'T. You're asking us to make a judgement on what was said, which requires an EXACT quote, NOT your interpretation, which is what a paraphrase essentially is.

OP
VaYank5150

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Reaction score
True..

If you're paraphrasing, then NO SHE DIDN'T. You're asking us to make a judgement on what was said, which requires an EXACT quote, NOT your interpretation, which is what a paraphrase essentially is.

OK. My bad. Here is her quote

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

Feel better?

Jarhead

Gold Member
Reaction score

True..

Have you viewed the tapes , These people are being harrassed by some of the white shirt( means they are higher ups) cops.

How many tea party people were maced for standing behind a barracade as instructed?

TM...when you know what you are talking about, I will gladly respond to you.

In the meantime, I am here in NYC......our local news have been accurately reporting on the protests and they do not have an agenda like your national "news" does.

The "white shirts" as you inaccurately referred to them as did not do anything out of normal procedure.

The macing was warranted.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$280.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List