In Someone's Mind "Some People Did Something" 18 Years Ago Today

So what is the politically correct term that would be acceptable to the Trumpublicans when an American Muslim's speaks about the events 18 years ago?

“Some terrorists did some horrific things 18 years ago”..... if you want to be PC about it.

The typical condescending tenor from Omar by saying “some people did something” is really saying “fuck you, get over it, it was not that big a deal.”

PC is a scourge on free expression meant to limit ones thoughts and actions.

Not really, if you consider who she was talking to and what she was talking about.

Funny how her context always needs to be explained, clarified, or justified.

So what is the politically correct term that would be acceptable to the Trumpublicans when an American Muslim's speaks about the events 18 years ago?

“Some terrorists did some horrific things 18 years ago”..... if you want to be PC about it.

The typical condescending tenor from Omar by saying “some people did something” is really saying “fuck you, get over it, it was not that big a deal.”

Not really, if you consider who she was talking to and what she was talking about.

Funny how she is almost always taken out of context by the spin masters just to push Trumpublicans buttons with the old he said she said. They are so easily triggered. "She said what?"

Funny how she is almost always taken out of context by the spin masters just to push Trumpublicans buttons with the old he said she said. They are so easily triggered. "She said what?"

There is nothing to spin from what she spews. I’m this case, you would have to dig deep to find any politician from either party downplaying 9/11 in any context.

Are you really so stupid that you think political correctness is a manifestation of RIGHT wing ideology?

No wonder you defend the repulsive bitch.

There is nothing to spin from what she spews. I’m this case, you would have to dig deep to find any politician from either party downplaying 9/11 in any context.

The events she was focused on, and what her audience was expecting, was the discussion about the treatment of Muslims after that tragic day. Focusing on four words only, and to denigrate her as being condescending, or saying fuck you to America, is just another demand for political correctness (PC bashing). It's not like she's claiming the CIA or the Mossad did it, or that there was any justification for it at all.

Are you really so stupid that you think political correctness is a manifestation of RIGHT wing ideology?

No wonder you defend the repulsive bitch.

PC bashing is PC bashing regardless of the party who does it. I can't help it if you believe it is a one sided thing. Was Bill Maher the victim of Left Wing PC gone mad after 9-11? The Right wing are masters at PC bashing. But so is the Left wing.

The events she was focused on, and what her audience was expecting, was the discussion about the treatment of Muslims after that tragic day. Focusing on four words only, and to denigrate her as being condescending, or saying fuck you to America, is just another demand for political correctness (PC bashing). It's not like she's claiming the CIA or the Mossad did it, or that there was any justification for it at all.

I am fully aware of her audience. It does not let her off the hook for downplaying the 9/11 event. The perpetrators were animals and terrorist. If you are downplaying or “correcting” it to appease your audience then that is an even bigger problem.

The perpetrators were animals and terrorist.

That goes without question. But weren't the Americans who attacked Muslims for no other reason than they look Muslim after 9-11 also vicious animals?

If you are downplaying or “correcting” it to appease your audience

I can't think of anyone who doesn't tailor their political speeches to fit their audience.

And I wonder how she'll spend the day?

Twitter

EEJw0dtXsAEY6aG
You 'Racist, Right-Wing, Islamophobic, Trumpbot'!

:p

The perpetrators were animals and terrorist.

That goes without question. But weren't the Americans who attacked Muslims for no other reason than they look Muslim after 9-11 also vicious animals?

If you are downplaying or “correcting” it to appease your audience

I can't think of anyone who doesn't tailor their political speeches to fit their audience.

Anybody who attacks any innocent or mass innocents are animals. Omar wanted to bring attention to innocent Muslims getting counter attacked for no reason - Hey, President Bush did the same thing and did so without downplaying the 9-11 attacks. You keep trying to skirt this and shift the goal post. It’s not working. Omar could have called attention and awareness to innocent Muslims being attacked without her typical smugness in downplaying one of America’s most horrific events.

I am fully aware of her audience. It does not let her off the hook for downplaying the 9/11 event. The perpetrators were animals and terrorist. If you are downplaying or “correcting” it to appease your audience then that is an even bigger problem.

She downplayed nothing. She argued you do not condemn and entire group of people for what a few did. Do we condemn all pro-lifers for the actions of the few that took the lives of others?

and did so without downplaying the 9-11 attacks. You keep trying to skirt this and shift the goal post. It’s not working.

I'm not skirting anything. I just see the outrage as a demand for politically correct speech.

She downplayed nothing. She argued you do not condemn and entire group of people for what a few did. Do we condemn all pro-lifers for the actions of the few that took the lives of others?

Again, she could have accomplished her point without the smugness and trivializing statement of “some people” and “some thing”.

Again, she could have accomplished her point without the smugness and trivializing statement of “some people” and “some thing”.

She could have simply said "after 911" too. But she is just not as proficient in English as you or I.

Maybe but in the end you are picking at her words not her point.

O.K.

She could have simply said "after 911" too. But she is just not as proficient in English as you or I.

Bullshit. Proficiency in English or lack thereof had nothing to do with it. She was very proficient and cognizant when she chose to question American Jews’ loyalty.

Forum List

Back