In-n-Out Burger is way overrated

WRONG!

Five Guys wishes they were In-N-Out.

Cook Out blows donkeys.

Steak and Shake sucks.

Smashburger is pretty good.

All of you who have been running down In-N-Out have been REPORTED!

Lock this thread!

Thank you drive through...

All those places are mediocre at best..

images (22).jpeg

images (23).jpeg
1010617_1390749751184131_800068305_n.jpg

WRONG!

Cook Out blows donkeys.

Steak and Shake sucks.

Lock this thread!

In-n-Out does a very good job of imitating McDonald’s burgers and fries :thup:

You are dead to me...
Elitist, west coast burger chain trying to be a fancy McDonald's, even copying the logo:

Burger-B-Small-1.jpg

What a real burger looks like:

3e15f1385f4253a545c2d36bd1b3a084.jpg

WRONG!

Cook Out blows donkeys.

Steak and Shake sucks.

Lock this thread!

You are dead to me...
Elitist, west coast burger chain trying to be a fancy McDonald's, even copying the logo:

Burger-B-Small-1.jpg

Does it good go down good with a coke and French fries?

No

The ultimate dining fast food experience has to have the perfect hamburger, killer French fries and a perfect coke ..

What's the point of having a great burger if the French fries suck and you get carbonate water mixed in with your favorite drink?

WRONG!

Cook Out blows donkeys.

Steak and Shake sucks.

Lock this thread!

View attachment 170850

View attachment 170851 View attachment 170852
Bringing a hot dog to a gun fight???? :mad:

You never had a Chicago hot dog have you the ultimate one..

images (26).jpeg

WRONG!

Cook Out blows donkeys.

Steak and Shake sucks.

Lock this thread!

You are dead to me...

Burger-B-Small-1.jpg

Does it good go down good with a coke and French fries?

No

The ultimate dining fast food experience has to have the perfect hamburger, killer French fries and a perfect coke ..

What's the point of having a great burger if the French fries suck and you get carbonate water mixed in with your favorite drink?
The fries that come with that burger are amazing. They tell you what farm they came from and won't let you order ahead for them because they have to be cooked fresh.

WRONG!

Cook Out blows donkeys.

Steak and Shake sucks.

Lock this thread!

View attachment 170850

View attachment 170856
I've never had a hot dog from Chicago, no. I've been there before, but didn't get a hot dog OR a deep dish. I promise to remedy that before I die.

WRONG!

Cook Out blows donkeys.

Steak and Shake sucks.

Lock this thread!

View attachment 170850

View attachment 170856
I've never had a hot dog from Chicago, no. I've been there before, but didn't get a hot dog OR a deep dish. I promise to remedy that before I die.

Deep dish pizza sucks..but if you want really good Chicago pizza..

Wa-pa-ghettis in wheeling Illinois serves the best been around since the 1970s..they make there sauce with wine you can taste it

download (37).jpeg

When I was stoned and in college I went there and loved the burgers. I was just in PHX and to my surprise they were everywhere. I stopped in and wasn’t impressed. They were better than McDonald’s, but not by much. The fries are god awful. The prices are good though. Not sure all the hype.

The burgers aren’t as good (or even close) as 5 guys, EPIC burger or smash burger (I will admit I have only eaten at each one of these places once, but I remember them being pretty damn good).

When you think of iconic fast food few can ever live up to the hype. The only ones that comes to mind are Portillo’s (trust me if you are in Chicago get the Beef and chopped salad) and Chicken Hut (one location grilled chicken joynt in chi town).

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Last time I went to one, they were cutting their OWN fries from real potatoes. Not reconstituted potato mix. MAYBE --- you just don't know what REAL fried potatoes are SUPPOSED to taste like.. :biggrin:

Tommy's, from the land of my birth:biggrin: serves the only REAL fries.

chk16M-AOr3QUTaby-cZK8-chili-cheese-fries-original-tommys-640x480.jpg

Portillo’s is one of the best but why go to a franchise when there are countless mom and pop sandwich shops to try out and find one that is even better than Portillo’s?

Because we were talking about chains. In chi town you have wiener circle, Bryons, Chicago Dog House etc, but not sure any are better than Portillos. Portillos started as a mom and pop FYI.

In-n-Out Burger is one of the very few chains I do. Food should be an adventure where the prize is finding a place that makes you wonder why you ever went to a chain.

When I was stoned and in college I went there and loved the burgers. I was just in PHX and to my surprise they were everywhere. I stopped in and wasn’t impressed. They were better than McDonald’s, but not by much. The fries are god awful. The prices are good though. Not sure all the hype.

The burgers aren’t as good (or even close) as 5 guys, EPIC burger or smash burger (I will admit I have only eaten at each one of these places once, but I remember them being pretty damn good).

When you think of iconic fast food few can ever live up to the hype. The only ones that comes to mind are Portillo’s (trust me if you are in Chicago get the Beef and chopped salad) and Chicken Hut (one location grilled chicken joynt in chi town).

I had a feeling. . . I had hope that they were that good, but even if they were that good, they've been the single most hyped limited market fast food chain in the country for years, so it's unlikely that they're still that good.

And, like you, I've rarely experienced fast food joints that live up to the hype. Only El Pollo Loco (where I haven't eaten since the '80's, so don't quote me on that with the assumption that I mean present day), and Hotdog On a Stick, if that counts. No drive-thru, but they drop anything you order into a fryer, so I count it.

Last time I went to one, they were cutting their OWN fries from real potatoes. Not reconstituted potato mix. MAYBE --- you just don't know what REAL fried potatoes are SUPPOSED to taste like.. :biggrin:

Who the heck would put French fries on it?
Freaks..

Who the heck would put French fries on it?
Freaks..

That is an order of their chilli cheese fries! A little slice of heaven!

WRONG!

Cook Out blows donkeys.

Steak and Shake sucks.

Lock this thread!

View attachment 170850

Super dawgs is good, but I prefer Portillo’s, Bryons and Wolfy’s

WRONG!

Cook Out blows donkeys.

Steak and Shake sucks.

Lock this thread!

View attachment 170850

Super dawgs is good, but I prefer Portillo’s, Bryons and Wolfy’s

I am trying to remember that name of the hot dog stand just east of super dogs ..on the right hand side ..its a small place..

My dad used to take us there all the time from my grandma's place on Giddings..

I should use Google map to see if it still is there..

Fucking forgot about Tommy's...

There was one on Topanga, just around the corner from where I was living... very convenient...

I always like the North Hills location, you could smell the beer being brewed over at Anheuser-Busch...

Now they're all over the place, including Las Vegas and Henderson...

Forum List

Back