In a weird and ironic twist..........

No, it makes sense. I say it all the time: Look in their eyes (in real life). They're absolutely terrified. That's what their media has created over the last 3+ decades.

At the most fundamental level, these people are animated by (1) The Commies, and (2) White Replacement. All of their fear and paranoia are a branch of one of those two things. There is just no getting through to them now, so all we can do is hang on and wait for enough of them peel off so that this stuff can fit back on the fringe, where it belongs.

They're not going to "peel off" so long as the billionaire owned right wing media keeps feeding them lies and distortions to gin up the outrage. They've been brainwashed to believe the MSM is lying to them so they don't believe anything coming out of the media, unless it's right wing media.

You have millions of Republicans believing the people who are lying to them, and dismissing those who are telling them the truth. You have millions of people who turned off FOX News because FOX said Joe Biden won the election.

How do you deal with a sizeable percentage of the population which continues to believe the lies? 30% of Republicans STILL believe Barrack Obama was born in Kenya.

Nobody cares about your cafeteria constitutionalism, freak....The populists are taking over the GOP and are learning how to operate a the grassroots level, and that is terrifying the hell out of you fascist drips.

Embrace the suck, loser.
Traitor Dems and GOP turncoats will be destroyed. Then we'll put a bunch of these traitors in prison!

Democracy is more at risk than ever in my opinion, and I am far left.

The way the most popular candidates, like Bernie Sanders, are elminated by the 2 party system, shows that elections now are a total fraud.

The way the military openly conducts torture and lies about Iraqi WMD, shows the fascists are totally in control of our media and government.

The way the courts have allowed illegal government actions like the War on Drugs, no-knock-warrants, mandatory sentences, asset forfeiture, etc., shows we no longer have any sort of legal system left at all.

The democrats are even more fascist than the republicans, with insane antidemocratic moves like gun control.
Assuming firearms are risky, it is incredibly idiotic to give police and the military a monopoly on firearms, when clearly they are historically and traditionally the greatest source of a threat to democracy there ever could be.
Gun control is the single most anti-democracy move anyone could ever do.

Why would leftists have an anxiety attack because some criminal is lying to the public? Steve Bannon has no credibility whatsoever, in the real world. Only in the land of the crazies does this man have any influences.
The lives of you crackpots are one big rolling anxiety attack.

It's the efforts of Bannon that are at least partially responsible for the current freak-out that inspired the freak OP.

The nation is laughing at you buffoons.

IMG_20211231_094403.gif

Why would leftists have an anxiety attack because some criminal is lying to the public? Steve Bannon has no credibility whatsoever, in the real world. Only in the land of the crazies does this man have any influences.

What does Steve Bannon have to do with this?
The problem is the media is no longer credible, and the government is lying to us on a wholesale basis.

Current events are not worth using as examples because truth yet has not been established about those events.
But all we have to do is go back 20 years to the false media and government claims about things like Iraqi WMD and illegal waterboarding.
No one ever got punished for those deliberate lies, and those lies lead to the mass murder of over half a million innocent Iraqis.
We still illegally have people held at Guantanamo without trial or POW rights.
The whole government is criminal.
And yet we do nothing.
We all know the War on Drugs, mandatory sentences, asset forfeiture, etc., are all entirely illegal.
But anyone complaining is silenced.

Never before has government gotten this bad.

No you won't. You won't be putting anyone in prison. This "movement" to an authoritarian dictatorship will be still born.

That is silly.
They already are imprisoned, with the US having the single largest % imprisoned in the whole world.
The media is totally on record as lying, and the democrats are no better than the repulicans with their draconian support for illegal wars, illegal destruction of democracies all over the world, like Egypt, Syria, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.
The reality is Saddam, Assad, the Taliban, Morsi, Qaddafi, etc., were popular.

Just explain to me how a democracy can have mandatory gun control, where only the government has firearms?
By definition, that automatically is a dictatorship,

How do you deal with a sizeable percentage of the population which continues to believe the lies? 30% of Republicans STILL believe Barrack Obama was born in Kenya.
I wish I knew.

This didn't happen overnight. This is the culmination, the manifestation, of 30 years+ of misinformation and distortion being pumped into these people by talk radio, then cable "news", then the internet.

Therefore, we can probably assume that his group pathology won't be going away overnight. It will have to be a process, and it won't start from outside this closed-circuit universe they inhabit.

30+ years of building this. It's gonna be a while.

I wish I knew.

This didn't happen overnight. This is the culmination, the manifestation, of 30 years+ of misinformation and distortion being pumped into these people by talk radio, then cable "news", then the internet.

Therefore, we can probably assume that his group pathology won't be going away overnight. It will have to be a process, and it won't start from outside this closed-circuit universe they inhabit.

The majority still are unhappy about Obama's heritage because they are correct and it is you who are wrong.
Sure Obama was not BORN in Kenya, but what difference does that make?
It was still greatly influenced by Kenya, since that not only is where many of his relatives are from, but the culture Obama's mother was attracted to.
In fact, being actually born on the ship or in Hawaii, improves nothing at all.
Not that I personally have anything against Obama' past, since I like African cultures.
The point is just that to claim Obama did not represent different and diverse cultures, is not just a lie, but insane.
And in fact, the biggest problem I have with Obama is that he lied about being anti war, and illegally kept our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, even though he had promised to remove them.
That shows Obama actually was just an opportunist, just like all the rest of the DC frauds.
Trying to ignore Obama's Kenya influences is as bad as those attempting to maximize them.
No difference.
Obama still did not do well.

The majority still are unhappy about Obama's heritage because they are correct and it is you who are wrong.
Sure Obama was not BORN in Kenya, but what difference does that make?
It was still greatly influenced by Kenya, since that not only is where many of his relatives are from, but the culture Obama's mother was attracted to.
In fact, being actually born on the ship or in Hawaii, improves nothing at all.
Not that I personally have anything against Obama' past, since I like African cultures.
The point is just that to claim Obama did not represent different and diverse cultures, is not just a lie, but insane.
And in fact, the biggest problem I have with Obama is that he lied about being anti war, and illegally kept our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, even though he had promised to remove them.
That shows Obama actually was just an opportunist, just like all the rest of the DC frauds.
Trying to ignore Obama's Kenya influences is as bad as those attempting to maximize them.
No difference.
Obama still did not do well.

Well that's a lot of bullshit tied up in a nice non-racist bow, but it's still bullshit.

Only an American conservative would see someone who was raised with insights into multiple cultures around the world as a "bad thing". I think the narrow view of the world held by most Americans is crippling your nation. You haven't the first clue on how much better the rest of the world functions, without the fear and ignorance so central to the conservative American identity.

You NEED leaders who have worked and lived somewhere else rather than the USA for all of their lives. Look at the way you've handled covid. The WORST outcome in the world. BY FAR!!! Instead of looking at how other NATIONS handled the pandemic, you looked at how other American states handled it. Since every other country in the world is doing better than you are, why aren't you looking at nations that are getting through this with less death, disease, or economic collapse?

Stop swallowing the "American exceptionism" bullshit, and start looking at the fact that your nation is in the toilet, and the waters are swirling. Your democracy IS in danger, and it's in danger from the Republican Party, not the Democrats.

The Republican Party cannot win a fair or honest election, so they lie, and they cheat, rather than change their policies to something people WILL vote for. The Democratic Candidate has won every single popular vote this century, but one. The Senators who confirmed Amy Coney-Barrett represented 1.5 million FEWER voters than the Senators who opposed her nomination.

Well that's a lot of bullshit tied up in a nice non-racist bow, but it's still bullshit.

Only an American conservative would see someone who was raised with insights into multiple cultures around the world as a "bad thing". I think the narrow view of the world held by most Americans is crippling your nation. You haven't the first clue on how much better the rest of the world functions, without the fear and ignorance so central to the conservative American identity.

You NEED leaders who have worked and lived somewhere else rather than the USA for all of their lives. Look at the way you've handled covid. The WORST outcome in the world. BY FAR!!! Instead of looking at how other NATIONS handled the pandemic, you looked at how other American states handled it. Since every other country in the world is doing better than you are, why aren't you looking at nations that are getting through this with less death, disease, or economic collapse?

Stop swallowing the "American exceptionism" bullshit, and start looking at the fact that your nation is in the toilet, and the waters are swirling. Your democracy IS in danger, and it's in danger from the Republican Party, not the Democrats.

The Republican Party cannot win a fair or honest election, so they lie, and they cheat, rather than change their policies to something people WILL vote for. The Democratic Candidate has won every single popular vote this century, but one. The Senators who confirmed Amy Coney-Barrett represented 1.5 million FEWER voters than the Senators who opposed her nomination.

Except you missed the point.
I am very far left of everyone here.
And Obama was very far right of what he pretended to be.

All projection.

ABLOSULITY zero balance, complete lack of common sense. The largest number of us get All our information from party propaganda. Factual information is in short supply.

Makes sense.

Republicans are more likely to be tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist crybabies who think the last election was stolen from them.

I wish I knew.

To be perfectly honest, the left has done little to counter this propaganda campaign. Back when Clinton was President, and Republicans first started spreading rumours and lies about the Clintons, I wondered why the media never ever called them out for their lies and distortions.

It wasn't until Trump was running for office that the MSM started calling out the lying, so for 25 years, Republicans have been lying and nobody has said "Boo" about it.

Democrats are "commies". Democrats believe in open borders. Democrats hate Christians. Everything from "open borders" to "soft on crime", and my personal favourite "The economy does better when Republicans are in office", which is right up there with lies about stolen elections, on the "Pants on Fire" meter.

Republicans are convinced of this stuff, and their pastors are echoing these lies in their churches as well.

Forum List

Back