In a STUNNER of a Vote - GOP Votes Against Lowering Gas Prices/Price Gouging

We just voted to crackdown on price gouging at gas stations and every single republican voted no.

The Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Prevention Act would give the President the power to issue an Energy Emergency Declaration that would make it unlawful to increase gasoline and home energy fuel prices in an excessive or exploitative manner.

A bill to help against Price Gouging and corporations cutting the "little guy" by messing with oil and gas prices in the country was voted "Nay" by every House GOP member.

These are the same folks who go to any camera they can find and complain about gas prices. Thoughts?

EDIT: Full Bill (thanks to Kosh)

Are you THAT stupid ?
Anyone with at least 2 brain cells knows what this really is......

Another power grab by the Marxist current administration.
That is all.

Me too...It was horrible....You could only get gas on odd or even days depending on what number your license plates last number was, then go out and wait in long lines like that all freaking day only to get to the pump and have them be out of gas...

These progressives doing this today, should pay a heavy price.

The thing about tyrants ...........

If there are no men brave enough to actually stand up to and stop them......then they become the indisputable Law of the Land.
And that is exactly what is occurring in America today.

Republicans will complain about gas prices, but when I suggest No Mow May, they refuse to participate.

Yale University has estimated that the United States uses more than 600 million gallons of gas to mow and trim lawns each year

How much is 600 million gallons x $5 a gallon?

If Republicans want to save, they can find ways to cut back, but they won't.
Now you want to tell me to not cut my grass. You are a lost soul.

Now you want to tell me to not cut my grass. You are a lost soul.
I'm a lost soul for telling you not to cut your grass? God I hate you Republicans sometimes. Evil pricks. Ignorant too. Yet arrogant.

What is 600 million gallons x $5? You are wasting money, precious resources and destroying the planet.

World-wide, pollinator populations are shrinking. Several overlapping factors contribute to this disturbing global trend, including habitat fragmentation, pesticide use, climate change, and the spread of emergent pathogens, parasites and predators.

So if you will forgive me for wishing you weren't on this planet. Because you are destroying it.

Some right winger on another thread said all us vaccinated people will be dead in 5 years. Wouldn't that be great? The planet would love it..

65% of the population gone. I know it's a morbid thought but the planet would love it. The only problem is the wrong people survived.

We just voted to crackdown on price gouging at gas stations and every single republican voted no.

The Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Prevention Act would give the President the power to issue an Energy Emergency Declaration that would make it unlawful to increase gasoline and home energy fuel prices in an excessive or exploitative manner.

A bill to help against Price Gouging and corporations cutting the "little guy" by messing with oil and gas prices in the country was voted "Nay" by every House GOP member.

These are the same folks who go to any camera they can find and complain about gas prices. Thoughts?

EDIT: Full Bill (thanks to Kosh)

What's STUNNING is that you idiots think price controls will fix the problem! Do you remember gas rationing under Carter? It's what you get when you artificially set prices. Why do you on the left even TRY to run countries? You don't have a clue what you're doing and even worse you don't seem to learn from your previous mistakes!

The thing about tyrants ...........

If there are no men brave enough to actually stand up to and stop them......then they become the indisputable Law of the Land.
And that is exactly what is occurring in America today.
Who's the tyrant? The government who regulates pollution? Yes, government's make laws that are the law of the land. Doesn't make them tyrants. Here's an example. Remember Tom Delay? DeLay spent three years at pesticide-maker Redwood Chemical and then purchased Albo Pest Control. The EPA's ban on Mirex, a pesticide that was used in extermination work, led DeLay to oppose government regulation of businesses.

Was the government being a "tyrant" when they banned this dangerous chemical?

What's STUNNING is that you idiots think price controls will fix the problem! Do you remember gas rationing under Carter? It's what you get when you artificially set prices. Why do you on the left even TRY to run countries? You don't have a clue what you're doing and even worse you don't seem to learn from your previous mistakes!
You're saying supply and demand isn't real? If we stop using so much gas, prices won't come down?

Perhaps if they called it the "The Federal Government Trying to Take Over the Fossil Fuel Industry Act",
it would have drawn more popular support.

Perhaps if they called it the "The Federal Government Trying to Take Over the Fossil Fuel Industry Act",
it would have drawn more popular support.

We all know the right wing will whine like babies about "Biden letting g gas proces explode", then also whine like little babies when he tries to do anything about it.

Doesn't matter what it's called.

The point isn't gas prices, it's whining.

We all know the right wing will whine like babies about "Biden letting g gas proces explode", then also whine like little babies when he tries to do anything about it.

Doesn't matter what it's called.

The point isn't gas prices, it's whining.

I simply suggested they could have tried pitching it a different way and pretending it would make a difference.
I agreed that it could be called any number of things, and you don't have to argue with that by saying it doesn't matter.

If it doesn't matter ... Shut up ... :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
You're saying supply and demand isn't real? If we stop using so much gas, prices won't come down?
I'm saying go back and look at what happened when Carter was in office and implemented price controls on gasoline. What good is a lower price if there is no gas for you to buy? Duh? Take it from someone who lived through that debacle...it SUCKED!

Demofks hoarding gas and baby formula! What a stellar bunch of fkers

Ha, pretending. Exactly.

If you are just pretending, then you can shut up.

Pretending what ... Read the Act ... It is posted in the OP ... :auiqs.jpg:

What part of the Act isn't Congress and the Federal Government
trying to dictate terms and exert their power over the Fossil Fuel Industry?

Last edited:
No, they are not. My town charges 30 cents more that a city across a bridge that is 3 miles away.
And I bet if you looked at the stickers on the pumps you would find that the price difference is higher taxes in your town. You also said that all the stations in your town charge the same price. That destroys your point right there.

Pretending what ... Read the Act ... It is posted in the OP ... :auiqs.jpg:

What part of the Act isn't the Congress and the Federal Government
trying to dictate terms and exert their power over the Fossil Fuel Industry?

None. As it turns out, modern, mixed economies all have some measure of that and have for a long time. Welcome to earth, traveler, enjoy your stay.

Forum List

Back