Imagine if we invested into our own country instead of 14 years of war?

Yet, the republicans want more cuts for America and more war. I pray we don't reelect them.
That's a lie and your incessant pouting for more of our money has reached derangement levels. You're Jonesing badly, do you have the shakes?

Imagine if the US did nothing and some Arab was raping your face until he was tired of you and slit your throat. You can't impress people that want to kill you with a new gadget.

We send our best and brightest to be killed for a bunch on grateful assholes in the middle east!!!

No. Mostly we send technical school dropouts with little to no future aside from a government job where their main chore is to hurry up and wait, and who can't even run without someone telling them when to take a step. With only a few rare exceptions, our best and brightest go to college, get educations, and secure well paying jobs high demand fields, where their unique talents produce the many marvels of modern 21st century living.

Still so delusional you can't separate the different levels of government or what they are responsible for I see.

Not delusional at all. Tbe US Constitution lays out a very limited set of legislative and fiscal powers for the US Government. All others powers and expenditures are left to the states and local authorities.

So, yes I do believe the US Federal Government is wrong to be spending a dine on the road widening project on a STATE highway in front of the condo complex I kive in. Even though they're giving it to the State first, it's an unconstitutional expenditure.

Go back and read the post I was referring to, the poster keeps mixing the responsibilities of different levels of government in a feeble attempt to make a nonexistent point. And yes, the twerp is delusional.

We send our best and brightest to be killed for a bunch on grateful assholes in the middle east!!!

No. Mostly we send technical school dropouts with little to no future aside from a government job where their main chore is to hurry up and wait, and who can't even run without someone telling them when to take a step. With only a few rare exceptions, our best and brightest go to college, get educations, and secure well paying jobs high demand fields, where their unique talents produce the many marvels of modern 21st century living.

You never served, if you had you wouldn't be making such an asinine statement.

I find it disgusting how many people want to tar down the United states and go back to a hunter gathering model of doing things.

Damn,,,,

If you really believe this don't use our roads, police and don't expect warnings on storms or disease. Period...Also, don't you dare send your kids to our public schools.

Civilization has always been about working together for the advancement of our species.

I find it disgusting how many people want to tar down the United states and go back to a hunter gathering model of doing things.

Damn,,,,

If you really believe this don't use our roads, police and don't expect warnings on storms or disease. Period...Also, don't you dare send your kids to our public schools.

Civilization has always been about working together for the advancement of our species.

You're drama queen act is really wearing thin. Maybe you should try coming up with something you haven't already said a thousand times.

You never served

....because I'm one of the best and brightest. :D

Damn, you're as delusional as that other nut you responded to.

Yes, modern day good-for-nothing slobs like yourself tend to get angry when high quality people like myself demonstrate our confidence. Don't worry, I'm sure there's a gas station somewhere that will hire you and give you a participation trophy.

Too late oh ignorant one, I'm retired, started to say I don't hit a lick at a snake, but that wouldn't be true. I killed a copperhead last night here on my fully paid for 5.26 acre home, drive my fully paid for vehicles with no consumer debt. You may think you're smart, I know I am and I spent 21.5 years in the military.

I spent 21.5 years in the military.

Weren't good enough to hack it in the private sector, eh? No worries, not everyone can be a brain surgeon.

Thanks for your service, by the way. It takes brave folks like yourself to make it possible for me to carry on my own life in safety, without me ever having to worry about dropping everything on a moment's notice to rush out to the front line to fend off some bastard invaders.

Perhaps you mistook my statements to imply that I somehow lack an understanding of the value that military personnel contribute to our society. Nothing could be further from the truth. But that does not mean that it's true that we send our "best and brightest" to die in wars. That would be a very false statement. Once upon a time we did send out best and brightest to war. Back in the 1930s and 1940s. We sent everyone to war back then. Nowadays, it's mostly the rejects we send, and hope that we the other side runs out of bodies before we do. We use the helpless, then abandon them when they're no longer useful. Oh, and just because I speak truth does not mean I approve of the reality.

I spent 21.5 years in the military.

Weren't good enough to hack it in the private sector, eh? No worries, not everyone can be a brain surgeon.

Thanks for your service, by the way. It takes brave folks like yourself to make it possible for me to carry on my own life in safety, without me ever having to worry about dropping everything on a moment's notice to rush out to the front line to fend off some bastard invaders.

Perhaps you mistook my statements to imply that I somehow lack an understanding of the value that military personnel contribute to our society. Nothing could be further from the truth. But that does not mean that it's true that we send our "best and brightest" to die in wars. That would be a very false statement. Once upon a time we did send out best and brightest to war. Back in the 1930s and 1940s. We sent everyone to war back then. Nowadays, it's mostly the rejects we send, and hope that we the other side runs out of bodies before we do. We use the helpless, then abandon them when they're no longer useful. Oh, and just because I speak truth does not mean I approve of the reality.

What you lack appreciation for is the number of military who have college degrees either before they enter, or get them while they serve. But the have a leg up on their contemporaries with the basic and advanced leadership training provide by the military, successful completion of those leadership courses are required for advancement. Many of the trauma treatments used nation wide were developed by military medical people, even the bar coded wrist bands used by most all hospitals that prevent mix ups in meds and other treatments by misidentification of the patient, were developed by current and former military medical personal in the VA system. So carry on with your misconceptions about the military and be comforted by the the notion that you are wrong.

BTW, I worked for myself the 10 years after I left the military before I retired, had a payroll and everything.

What you miss is that the fact that it is all allocated and spent by the body that handles the monies.
It still would be so nice to have an attitude like you and the clerk from KY and the rancher from NV, do things in the country like you want them to be, not how they are to be.

Damn! Why dont we all take your idea and demand that "MY" money goes to only where I want it to go. What way to live. Damn!

It's not about where I want it to go. It's about where the US Constitution says it can legally go. That's what you folks miss so often...... it's not about me. It's about the rules laid down by the founding fathers.

If Algore had won the election 9/11 would have still happened and we'd STILL be wasting money over there. And everywhere else.

Wake up. The Political Parties don't control this country.

Forum List

Back