I'm thinking of joining a church with my kids

For pete's sakes please don't go to church and sneer at everybody there...there's nothing worse than being in the pew in front of somebody who has to say rude things about being in church...

For pete's sakes please don't go to church and sneer at everybody there...there's nothing worse than being in the pew in front of somebody who has to say rude things about being in church...

Why would I say rude things out loud?

Unlike some people, I have the uncanny ability to think rude things without vocalizing them.

If you like virgins become a muslim then blow yourself up and you'll get 72 of them. Just read the fine print to make sure they're a) female and b) human. :lol:
i've heard that was a mistranslation, and what it actually says is 72 white raisins

:lol:

I'd like to meet people and join a community.

A community in terms of a religious one?

You don't need to have a church for that. Join the country club.

It would be easier to find a good country club. ;)

But something tells me when he says "church", he means "church".

yes i know, but is he looking for a church for religious reasons all that getting closer to god thing...or the social component, activities and people.

A community in terms of a religious one?

You don't need to have a church for that. Join the country club.

yes i know, but is he looking for a church for religious reasons all that getting closer to god thing...or the social component, activities and people.

Does it matter?

It matters when you consider where to direct him...which aspect of belonging to a church is important to him. If he's into retrospection and seeking God with no interest in anything else, he might want to attend a more sober introspective church.

You know bible fellowships are often good places, too. They often have little neighborhood ones that are a really good way to meet people in the neighborhood....

Cuz there's nothing more awkward than going to a church and finding out it's not a very good fit...

THE ONE TRUE CHURCH:

flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg

fsmcostume.jpg

524515381_02210cbac0.jpg

flying-spaghetti-monster.png

nativity1hq.jpg

Does it matter?

Yes it does

You can find good places to meet and socialize with people without the church or god involved.

Forum List

Back