I'm Muslim, and I hate terrorism

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
(CNN) -- I'm an American-Muslim and I despise Islamic terrorists. In fact, despise is not even a strong enough word to convey my true feelings about those who kill innocent people in the name of Islam. I hate them with every fiber of my being.

I'm not going to tell you, "Islam is a religion of peace." Nor will I tell you that Islam is a religion of violence. What I will say is that Islam is a religion that, like Christianity and Judaism, is intended to bring you closer to God. And sadly we have seen people use the name of each of these Abrahamic faiths to wage and justify violence.

The unique problem for Muslims is that our faith is being increasingly defined by the actions of a tiny group of morally bankrupt terrorists. Just to be clear: The people who commit violence in the name of Islam are not Muslims, they are murderers. Their true religion is hatred and inhumanity.

The only people terrorists speak for are themselves and the others involved in their despicable plot. They do not represent me, my family or any other Muslim I know. And believe me, I know a lot of Muslims.

Read more at the link.
I'm a Muslim, and I hate terrorism - CNN.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't hate anyone, not even morons who murder in the name of Islam.

They're clearly bloody idiots who'll rot in hell but, much as I despise them and would happily piss on their graves, I don't actually hate them.

No muslims in America are condoning or supporting the Boston Marathon bombing.

It was a totally senseless act that violated the teachings of Islam.

And did absolutely nothing to help muslims or the Islamic community in N. America. .. :cool:

And did absolutely nothing to help muslims or the Islamic community in N. America. .. :cool:

...or anywhere else in the world.
That's what the idiot terrorists don't get - they harm Islam by making people hate us.

Morons as well as murdering bastards.

Such a loaded word: terrorism.

Use it and most people here simply stop thinking rationally.

Case in point...terrorists in the lands occupied by the NAZI during WWII killed NAZIs and collaborators with the NAZIs.

Do we hate those terrorists?

Most of us don't.

Most of us think they were heroic.

The Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center and the Boston-Muslim community is deeply saddened by the tragic occurrence at the Boston Marathon and JFK Library, both icons of our great City. We are concerned for the loss of life and injuries to the victims. Our prayers and thoughts go out to the victims and their families, to the marathon organizers, runners and fans, and to our Boston community at large.

As Bostonians, and inspired by the values of mercy and justice central to our faith, the American-Muslim community stands ready to help. We have close to 40 ISBCC volunteers on site who are committed to assist in relief efforts and also donate blood. Should the City call upon us, we are also ready to transform the ISBCC into a disaster relief center. Additionally, we extend our spiritual counseling services to any of the victims and their family members.

We hold to the highest standard the human safety and security of our City, its people and its guests. We encourage any Bostonian who sees any suspicious activity or package to report it to the number provided by the Boston Police Chief: 800-494-TIPS (800-494-8477).

In the wake of the horrific attacks on our city’s historic Marathon, the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center and the Boston-Muslim community call upon all, to lend a hand and make a donation to relief efforts for the victims and their families.

At this point, the critical need is health care for victims, mental health counseling for those directly or indirectly affected, and visitations to victims and their family. Here is how YOU can get involved:

1. Volunteer to make potential hospital visits the victims: *Sign-up at Volunteer | ISBCC (under ‘volunteer interest’ please indicate “Boston Marathon Relief Volunteer”)

2. Donate to ISBCC’s health relief efforts for the victims who are hospitalized and who need mental health counseling: *Donations can be made online http://links.masboston.org?healthfund or by check payable to “MAS-ISBCC” (in the memo line please indicate ‘restricted for health relief costs’)

3. If you are a licenced counselor, sign-up to counsel individuals and/or help with a community response forum. (Non-urgent counseling referrals at [email protected])

The ISBCC continues to offer spiritual counseling services to the victims and their family members, and is organizing a mental health forum to be hosted at the center in the coming weeks. Our prayers are with the victims and their families, and with our local law enforcement officials who are working tirelessly to protect us all. God bless you and God bless our great City of Boston.

The American Muslim (TAM)

Such a loaded word: terrorism.

Use it and most people here simply stop thinking rationally.

Case in point...terrorists in the lands occupied by the NAZI during WWII killed NAZIs and collaborators with the NAZIs.

Do we hate those terrorists?

Most of us don't.

Most of us think they were heroic.

Yep
As they say about the difference between terrorists and freedom fighters.....

Sunni Man believes in and the purpose of sharia law.

He would impose it on all Americans if he could do so.

I hope he does not support military activities against America, but his interests are not American.

Now you are not being honest and you know it. There are most definitely Muslims in America who condone that bombing. You may not know who they are but they are here. Which is why there is going to have to be some immigration restrictions to nations who are on list. First they will have to make the list and then go back and investigate everyone who came from those nations as well. That is the only way to verify what has been done already. I would begin with Somali Muslims in Minnesota. Many of those people were also granted asylum.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Except Sunniman does support terrorists. he supports any Muslim bent on murdering Jews. he has made a point of that. he defends them and supports them openly.

The onus is on you to provide the links to his posts that support your allegation.

RetiredGySgt, the OP is about the fact that American muslims Do Not support terrorists or terrorism in the U.S. or Canada.

And that includes everyone......even jews. ... :cool:

I don't believe that is what he is getting at, Sunni. Although there are indeed American muslims and canadian muslims who are supporting terrorism in the USA and CANADA - read the holy land foundation trials - the terrorist funding for Hamas and Hizbollah is supporting terrorism, money laundered for the palestinians - that is illegally supporting terrorism. There is so much of it going on the FBI has special investigation teams to handle all of it.

To claim it is non existent destroys your arguement completely, Sunni. Question to you: You didn't answer the question concerning terrorism in the middle east. If you support terrorism in the middle east then you support terrorism period. So which is it? Yes or no. I don't believe you've answered him yet. - Jeri

Except Sunniman does support terrorists. he supports any Muslim bent on murdering Jews. he has made a point of that. he defends them and supports them openly.

The onus is on you to provide the links to his posts that support your allegation.

Actually it doesn't. Sunni opened the thread and made the statement so he is the one that should defend his position. Whether he will or not is another matter.

[ame=http://youtu.be/gkKvdD9cG2U]Just another Radical-Extreme-Muslim-Hate Speech - YouTube[/ame]

Muslim Condemns Terrorism while Promoting Jihad against Journalists and Judges. Listen closely.

Forum List

Back