'I'm embarrassed for James Taylor'

Which is why near zero rates harmed seniors. I can recall getting 8% rates on savings. What do you suppose negative rates would have done?

Negative rates were pushed to further push people into the markets.
We than go back to our Fiat Currency and all the goodies promised by the political class with the citizens demanding more. Officially, a fiat currency should only have deficit spending during recessions or poor economic times. Then the budget balanced when good times come back. We skewered things when we increased social programs in immense number and other ways. Big government divided us when tax cuts came up and come up.

It didn't stop Digital Drifter. I sold cars from 1987 until 1995. We were excited if we got a rate under 9%. People still bought cars.
So? Nobody cares that you are a used car huckster. Sounds about right.

I proved your claim to be a lie.

So despite rates going up people will continue doing what they have always done.

You're joking, right?

There's always going to people here and there making home purchases, but there will be a massive drop off should rates climb much higher.
When I purchased my first home there was literally no new homes being built, which not only wiped out much of the construction industry, but when new homes are built there's a trickle-down effect. People buying new homes tend to purchase new furniture, appliances, etc. The economy came to a grinding halt, and it took years to get out of it. This was from the late 70's until the mid 80's.

It bums me out to see musiciians I've admired all my life come out as activists. I don't care what your political views are, if you are a singer then sing and keep your views to yourself.

We than go back to our Fiat Currency and all the goodies promised by the political class with the citizens demanding more. Officially, a fiat currency should only have deficit spending during recessions or poor economic times. Then the budget balanced when good times come back. We skewered things when we increased social programs in immense number and other ways. Big government divided us when tax cuts came up and come up.

Trump argued at the very same time that we had the best economy ever and argued for negative rates. Those two do NOT make for a valid economic policy.

You're joking, right?

There's always going to people here and there making home purchases, but there will be a massive drop off should rates climb much higher.

It didn't stop you. It didn't stop me.

When I purchased my first home there was literally no new homes being built, which not only wiped out much of the construction industry, but when new homes are built there's a trickle-down effect. People buying new homes tend to purchase new furniture, appliances, etc. The economy came to a grinding halt, and it took years to get out of it. This was from the late 70's until the mid 80's.

There has never been a time where there were "no new homes built". Contractors did not close up and go to work for KMart.

James Taylor has always been the go to guy for suburban pubescent girls and limp boys.

You think they should be gave away?
Not at all, we all know the reputation of sales-people, especially car sales-people. Although Bidung seems to feel they should be "gave" away with tax credits.

It didn't stop you. It didn't stop me.

There has never been a time where there were "no new homes built". Contractors did not close up and go to work for KMart.

But it stopped millions. As I mentioned, new home construction came to a virtual standstill.

In the late 70's through most of the 80's realtors had a new term they used to try and lure home buyers. It was called 'creative financing'. They worked with loan officers to hunt down private individual investors that would lend buyers small short term, 3-5 years usually, loans that were set up as interest only monthly payments that ended with a balloon at the end of the term. They were awful, but they were the only way a good deal of the population could get into a home purchase.

James Taylor serenades the White House inflation celebration as the stock market tanks.

View attachment 696112

Rubio riffs on Biden's inflation celebration: 'I'm embarrassed for James Taylor'​

Play as the Titanic sinks

1663172571716.png

Why do musicians do that anyway?

Not at all, we all know the reputation of sales-people, especially car sales-people. Although Bidung seems to feel they should be "gave" away with tax credits.

Many people do not like the process. I understand that. Some have made attempts to change that but as long as people wish to trade a vehicle in, there will always be a negotiating aspect.

Forum List

Back