'I'm embarrassed for James Taylor'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
James Taylor serenades the White House inflation celebration as the stock market tanks.

1663168450511.png

Rubio riffs on Biden's inflation celebration: 'I'm embarrassed for James Taylor'​

Singer-songwriter James Taylor was in an awkward position of being the entertainment facet of President Biden's Inflation Reduction Act celebration on a day the stock market took a four-figure tumble, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., said Tuesday.

Taylor performed his hit "Fire & Rain" and made brief remarks about climate change and how the event represented a "hopeful moment" for the United States.

Rubio told "Jesse Watters Primetime" he does not explicitly listen to Taylor's music, but said he feels bad for the 74-year-old Boston native.

"I guess he's won some awards and sold a lot of records, maybe more than anybody, but I'm actually embarrassed for the guy," Rubio remarked.

As I have often times pointed out, many, many, many see the stock market as the economy. It is not.

If you want to disagree with the bill, disagree but trying to make any point by pointing to the stock market is not a valid point. Wall Street is still pissed at no longer getting the trillions in "free" money.

I'm embarrassed for Brandon. WTF was he thinking when he chose the song Fire and Rain for an alleged celebration? It's about suicide isn't it? The day after the anniversary of 9-11 we hear a line like "sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground". WTF?
He was really singing about Hellfire and Brimstone that Faux Joe and his band of Demons are going to bring upon America.

As I have often times pointed out, many, many, many see the stock market as the economy. It is not.

If you want to disagree with the bill, disagree but trying to make any point by pointing to the stock market is not a valid point. Wall Street is still pissed at no longer getting the trillions in "free" money.

Then point to the increasing inflation then, because that's why the market is tanking. Investors know that the only tool the Feds have to cool inflation is to continue to raise lending rates, which will slow or stop people from purchasing mortgages and other loans, which will in turn lead to a recession, WHICH IS the economy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots here.

Then point to the increasing inflation then, because that's why the market is tanking.

The market tanked because it became obvious the Fed was going to raise interest rates again. That is how they remove all the previous free money from the markets. The markets care less about inflation.

Things were going up even though we had inflation until it became obvious rates would go up again.

Investors know that the only tool the Feds have to cool inflation is to continue to raise lending rates, which will slow or stop people from purchasing mortgages and other loans, which will in turn lead to a recession, WHICH IS the economy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots here.

I bought my first house when the rates were 9.9%.

The market tanked because it became obvious the Fed was going to raise interest rates again. That is how they remove all the previous free money from the markets. The markets care less about inflation.

Things were going up even though we had inflation until it became obvious rates would go up again.

I think I just said that.

I would have killed for something like 9.9% when I bought my first house. I paid over 17%.

There are a good percentage of Americans who need returns from the stock market and other financial investments to guarantee them a more comfortable retirement. Our social programs though provide a cushion also. Aging people who are independent in recent decades may not be so if things go bad. Young people or millennials are not happy campers also.

There are a good percentage of Americans who need returns from the stock market and other financial investments to guarantee them a more comfortable retirement. Our social programs though provide a cushion also. Aging people who are independent in recent decades may not be so if things go bad. Young people or millennials are not happy campers also.

Which is why near zero rates harmed seniors. I can recall getting 8% rates on savings. What do you suppose negative rates would have done?

Negative rates were pushed to further push people into the markets.

Wall Street is still pissed at no longer getting the trillions in "free" money.

Is that how it works? "Wall Street" has feelings and tanks if it doesn't get free money? :auiqs.jpg:

Wall Street is still pissed at no longer getting the trillions in "free" money.

Is that how it works? "Wall Street" has feelings and tanks if it doesn't get free money? :auiqs.jpg:

Yes. (you understand the point)

I'm embarrassed for Brandon. WTF was he thinking when he chose the song Fire and Rain for an alleged celebration? It's about suicide isn't it? The day after the anniversary of 9-11 we hear a line like "sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground". WTF?

Yes it is!
A perfect song for the occasion.

Stagflation comes after Inflation.

Forum List

Back