Zone1 I'm Confused About Gluttony

If Jesus ripped one ... I'd be the first to accept blame ... [blush] ... I need the extra brownie points ...

Lol we might never know the answer then, but at least you didn't call me blasphemous. Jesus was human and all humans fart every once and a while at least. Not a sin as long as He said excuse me afterwards or something. :)

Why is eating too much a sin? Who does it hurt? Other than the fact that it'll make you fat of course.

I don't think you would like my answer to this question. :laugh:

So I won't say what I was going to say, I'll answer it in a different way. Almost anything can become an addiction....even food. And when that happens, it's not only physically unhealthy, but unhealthy in other ways as well. It can become a form of idolatry (Phil 3:19) which is a sin and can be spiritually blinding and prevent one from growing spiritually and emotionally.

There are Laws of Man that protect those under 12-years-old ... and there are Laws of Nature that protect people over 70-years-old ... it's fair to say you're a glutton if you ignore these Laws ...

What's life like having your half your paycheck garnished for child support? ... or do you just not pay child support? ...

Oooh, only to find out via a DNA test that the child wasn't yours to begin with. Does that also qualify as gluttony?

Prolly, envy, huh? And greed? And maybe even sloth?

Last edited:
Why is eating too much a sin? Who does it hurt? Other than the fact that it'll make you fat of course.
It's simply excess. I would be curious where we would categorize multiple things. Where do we put things like gossiping? Or lying? Do they fit in there anywhere? How about kitchen witches or does intent matter? Black magic by Christians? Holy cow..........

Last edited:
Oooh, only to find out via a DNA test that the child wasn't yours to begin with. Does that also qualify as gluttony?

Why did you think the child was yours if you never had sex with the mother ... [raises eyebrows] ... maybe this is more of a question of biology ...

Why did you think the child was yours if you never had sex with the mother ... [raises eyebrows] ... maybe this is more of a question of biology ...
I was asking in general. I'm a female. There was no doubt that my kid was mine. I was there. There is absolutely no mistaking that this child was the son of my then husband.

But what if it was actually about a mother who had been receiving child support but Maury ( or a paternity test from Child Support) revealed that he was not the father? The mother was all about the money and knew that there was a strong possibility that there was another (or more) alleged father. Or more.

Last edited:
It's simply excess. I would be curious where we would categorize multiple things. Where do we put things like gossiping? Or lying? Do they fit in there anywhere? How about kitchen witches or does intent matter? Black magic by Christians? Holy cow..........

Well, I know all of that other stuff hurts people.

Well, I know all of that other stuff hurts people.
Do you know where those might go though? Is it the intent? Why on earth would anyone do that? Does it depend on the intent of the person doing the slandering?

Do you know where those might go though? Is it the intent? Why on earth would anyone do that? Does it depend on the intent of the person doing the slandering?

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here. :confused-84:

Not sure about your frame as it concerns the person you were replying to, but... Every birth record should record genetic proof of both father, and mother. We have the technology.

Not sure about your frame as it concerns the person you were replying to, but... Every birth record should record genetic proof of both father, and mother. We have the technology.
I absolutely agree with that 100%.

I was asking in general. I'm a female. There was no doubt that my kid was mine. I was there. There is absolutely no mistaking that this child was the son of my then husband.

But what if it was actually about a mother who had been receiving child support but Maury ( or a paternity test from Child Support) revealed that he was not the father? The mother was all about the money and knew that there was a strong possibility that there was another (or more) alleged father. Or more.

This happened to me ... she got convicted of fraud and spent a few months in jail ... neither I nor the State got any of the money back out of her ... I did open my home to the child, under the condition he follows his probation to the letter ... didn't happen and he went back to juvy on a PV ...

HA HA HA HA HA ...

Right ... Christian Law only pertains to Christians ... if you're not a Christian, then don't bother ... if you don't accept that "In the beginning, God created Heaven and Earth", don't waste your time reading any of the Bible, you won't understand ...
Wrong. The Scriptures are, among other things, INSTRUCTION on the care of the body, mind and spirit.

If you're older than 12 you SHOULD know the damage that is done to the body by overeating. These instructions apply to ANYONE regardless whether you believe them or not.

Wrong. The Scriptures are, among other things, INSTRUCTION on the care of the body, mind and spirit.

If you're older than 12 you SHOULD know the damage that is done to the body by overeating. These instructions apply to ANYONE regardless whether you believe them or not.

Not many 12-year-olds will understand the damage from spiritual gluttony ... the thirst for power and fame ... overeating is a physical manifestation of that spirit ... "the flesh follows the spirit" or so they say ...

It is better to only take one's share, and leave the extra for the needy ... this is true for everything in all ways ... especially love and affection ...

Much of what people can glean from the Sand Peoples "Religions" isn't arbitrary. Their tenants are merely the compound benefit of generational observational patterns of successful patterns of behavior. It works. Or it doesn't. And "time" can tell the difference...

Forum List

Back