Zone1 I'm Confused About Gluttony

You believe in something despite the fact that there's no evidence to support its existence. I do not believe in something because there's no evidence to support its existence.

Which makes more sense?

First of all if you are an unbeliever then what are you doing in the religion section? Second of all it makes a whole lot more sense to me to believe that something created everything than it takes for me to believe that nothing created everything and for some strange reason apes started turning into humans,.. but only a select few and they're not doing it anymore so,..

First of all this is zone 1 so no name calling allowed. Second of all I only told you to prove it because you can't prove God isn't real any more than we can prove that He is.
The main reason I settle quite comfortably into the agnostic category. May be. May not be. Neither could be proven in this mortal life…

First of all if you are an unbeliever then what are you doing in the religion section? Second of all it makes a whole lot more sense to me to believe that something created everything than it takes for me to believe that nothing created everything and for some strange reason apes started turning into humans,.. but only a select few and they're not doing it anymore so,..

Are you a literalist? The Bible is not science or history.

The main reason I settle quite comfortably into the agnostic category. May be. May not be. Neither could be proven in this mortal life…

Understandable, but at least you don't name call as everybody is free to believe what they want to and absolutely no reason for name calling.

Are you a literalist? The Bible is not science or history.

Yes because the Bible always stays the same, but science can change and I'm sorry if I just don't believe in that old carnival act. I believe science and religion can go together,.. but just believing in evolution by itself to me is like believing my house built itself. It's absurd. :rolleyes:

Nope.

Not anymore...

Then why are you commenting in a thread that presumes you do believe "In the beginning God created Heaven and Earth" ...

The Theory of Evolution says you don't have to support your children ... that's strictly the females job ... males have no part other than the sex you're so desperately defending ... you don't believe in God so glutton doesn't exist ... it's your RIGHT to consume more than you need ... or your competition will consume more and have more sex than you ... God forbid [giggle] ...

Then why are you commenting in a thread that presumes you do believe "In the beginning God created Heaven and Earth" ...

The Theory of Evolution says you don't have to support your children ... that's strictly the females job ... males have no part other than the sex you're so desperately defending.

Nah. That’s not what the theory of evolution says. And in reality if one just thinks it through, that pattern of behavior would have been selected out long ago. If the male doesn’t provide for (food, protection, both familial, and community) his line would be wiped out. One of the facets of evolutionary theory states a rather obvious observation. That successful patterns of behavior will result in perpetuation. Unsuccessful patterns of behavior readily eliminate themselves…

Seriously? Howsabout you show me in the forum rules where it says a nonbeliever can;t post in the religion section.

I'll wait.

Are you seriously so threatened by the presence of a non-christian that you would suggest he doesn't belong here?

Yup, typical christian. You're scared shitless of being challenged.

LOL!!

And this is why it's called "faith". There's not a single reason to believe that God is real. None. Furthermore, there's little reason to not chuckle when christians start proselytizing about what they allegedly "know" to be true.

I'll repeat my challenge to you: If God's real, show me. Show me that anything and everything can only be the result of an all-knowing supreme being, and I'' dedicate my life to the study of christianity and the spreading of the good word.

That'd be a good deal, right?

So, do it...

It's impossible to prove that something doesn't exist.

And, see, unlike idiot christians, I have no interest in trying to sway people to my way of thinking. You want to believe in God? Good for you.

But, since you believe that God does exist, I would turn your demand around: Prove it. Prove to me the existence of a christian God and I will denounce every other religion and dedicate my life to the christian faith.

Deal?

We can prove that singularities can't exist in a quantized universe ... Planck and Einstein are mutually exclusive ... we can only wish biology could be as mathematically certain ...

If I say I believe in God, then is that enough proof that I believe in God? ... or must I go through my business records over the past 30 years and provide a partial list of widow women's names whose naked bodies I've drug out of my bed and thrown out my front door? ... I'll leave it to your gluttonous imagination as to what these broads said about me uptown in the bars and taverns ...

Is that proof of my Godly belief? ...

"He who smelt it, dealt it" --- Somewhere in the Bible

If Jesus let one rip and one of or all of the disciples were like "Oh Jesus!" would it be a sin? I sure hope that I'm not going to go to Hell for this. Lord forgive me. XD

Understandable, but at least you don't name call as everybody is free to believe what they want to and absolutely no reason for name calling.

Yes because the Bible always stays the same, but science can change and I'm sorry if I just don't believe in that old carnival act. I believe science and religion can go together,.. but just believing in evolution by itself to me is like believing my house built itself. It's absurd. :rolleyes:

I think science and religion can go together as well. I also see the Bible as a library of poems, laws, history, founding myths and didactic literature.

HUGE thanks to Meister or whoever cleaned out this thread as it appears the really vulgar posts are gone now. :D

Apologies. Edited...

No shit.

You believe in something despite the fact that there's no evidence to support its existence. I do not believe in something because there's no evidence to support its existence.

Which makes more sense?

There's plenty of evidence. And various types of evidence. I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally wouldn't believe in God if I had no evidence or compelling reasons to believe. Most nonbelievers don't seem to understand faith. Faith is more like trust. But it would take to long to explain it, plus it's off topic anyway.

There's plenty of evidence. And various types of evidence. I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally wouldn't believe in God if I had no evidence or compelling reasons to believe. Most nonbelievers don't seem to understand faith. Faith is more like trust. But it would take to long to explain it, plus it's off topic anyway.

See my post #33. I never get tired of that story.

Forum List

Back