I'm A Charger's Fan

I've been a Charger's fan since the 70s. But I've never been able to say to myself that I could predict what my favorite team would do in the next game. This time I was able to do it.
I knew that some of the players on the Chargers had packed it in as soon as Justin Herbert got hurt and couldn't play. They quit. That isn't a reflection so much on the players, but on the team owner. Nobody likes the Spanos family. They are tightwads and they don't take care of their players like other teams do.
I saw a facebook post from a former employee of the Chargers responding to one of my posts. A woman said she used to work for them and she had asked for a raise so she could afford a baby-sitter. They told her fck no. I've been hearing this from a lot of sources. Their facilities are always second-rate. Their travel arrangements are obviously cheap. Players that have been on teams with a good owner can spot the difference immediately.

The problem with the Chargers isn't the players, it's the ownership that refuses to pay good coaches that are in demand. They're always looking for bargains. There's a lot of good coaches that want to coach the Chargers but the Spanos family won't pay them what they want. The Chargers will never win a Super Bowl as long as a Spanos owns the team.

Coaches salaries don't effect the salary-cap. You can pay as much as you want to a good head coach or a good defensive coordinator. The Chargers don't seem to want to build a champion. So what you get is coaches that wouldn't get hired on other teams to be head coach.

What separates a good coach from a so-so coach? The ability to prepare your players for the upcoming opponent and the ability to adapt during the game to what the opponent is doing. That's how you win the close games that Brandon Staley always seems to lose. Once you have lost the trust of the players, you're toast. And that is where we're at with Brandon Staley and the Chargers organization. They have no hope....and they don't have the desire to try just a little bit more only to get the same result. A demoralizing loss to a team they should have beaten.

Staley's top defense was that he's only losing games by single digits.....so the players made sure he got blown out in the last two games. Maybe the Spanos will fire the guy, because he doesn't deserve to be a HC.
That’s a problem with some teams being cheap when it comes to coaches. Hell, though the Chargers with a backup quarterback nearly beat my Buffalo Bills yesterday.

That’s a problem with some teams being cheap when it comes to coaches. Hell, though the Chargers with a backup quarterback nearly beat my Buffalo Bills yesterday.
Because of the draft structure just about any team can win due to parity. All it takes is a healthy roster and coaches that know what they're doing.
We still have the same 4 teams going to all of the Super Bowls.

Forum List

Back