Chargers Hire Jim Harbaugh

Agreed. I‘m not sure you can include Harbaugh as a successful pro coach, based on his short stint in SF. I think he needs more years.
He was 3 points away from winning a SB. I can name a ton of coaches in the NFL who have fallen far shorter than that....

they could be a superbowl contender in a couple of years.
Only way that happens is if they dump some of the players like Bosa and others that are getting paid for being injured.....and making trades to gain draft capital. That means they may have to pass on getting much this year and building their options in next year's draft thru trades.

Yes, then the 49ers kicked him out the door. That doesn’t happen to great pro coaches very often.
I guess, Doesn't change what he did in SF as far as success goes. Harbaugh is a unique personality who doesnt get along with everyone that's not in dispute. He's also had more success than the vast majority of coaches at both the NFL and Collegiate level. Can you list someone who's had more?

I agree. The Ravens look loaded. That QB is unbelievable. If he stays healthy, he could have a very long successful Hall of Fame career.

My guess is the Ravens beat SF in the SB. It might be a great game.

Too bad Harbaugh is leaving UM. I thought he might stay for years but after all the shit that’s happened this year with the suspensions, I’m not surprised he’s leaving.
I would be surprised if the niners ravens Super Bowl matchup which looks more and more likely every minute if the game was close,unlike last years Super Bowl,the REAL Super Bowl is the chiefs and ravens game,they are the two best teams right now.the Ravens in thier wins they were beating winning good teams by more than two touchdowns,this franchise has dynasty in the making.

I guess, Doesn't change what he did in SF as far as success goes. Harbaugh is a unique personality who doesnt get along with everyone that's not in dispute. He's also had more success than the vast majority of coaches at both the NFL and Collegiate level. Can you list someone who's had more?
Yes he’s had a great career.

However it did take him a few years to turn Michigan around. He lost to his main rivals OSU and MSU a lot, early in his tenure.

He was only an NFL coach for five years. Yes he did well turning the 49ers into a very competitive team, but he needs many more successful years in the NFL to be considered one of the best.

I would be surprised if the niners ravens Super Bowl matchup which looks more and more likely every minute if the game was close,unlike last years Super Bowl,the REAL Super Bowl is the chiefs and ravens game,they are the two best teams right now.the Ravens in thier wins they were beating winning good teams by more than two touchdowns,this franchise has dynasty in the making.
The Ravens can make teams look really bad. They beat the shit out of the Lions 38-6. They beat the 49ers 33-19 at SF. So yeah they can make good teams look bad. They might make KC look bad this weekend.

The chiefs now finally have some competition in their division on trying to win the division every year now.the chiefs in winning all their division titles as they have has been unimpressive due to the lack of competition in thier division just like it was nothing impressive about the cheatriots winning all their division titles all those years the fact they played in the weakest division with no competition playing teams any high school football team could beat any week.had they played in the era of Dan Marino and Jim Kelly and won all those division titles now THAT would have been impressive and something to brag about.same with the chiefs,if this was the era when they faced the chargers with Dan fouts and the broncos with John elway now that would be something worth talking about.

The Ravens can make teams look really bad. They beat the shit out of the Lions 38-6. They beat the 49ers 33-19 at SF. So yeah they can make good teams look bad. They might make KC look bad this weekend.
And don’t forget the 56 to 19 win against the dolphins.I would be surprised if they don’t.the chiefs don’t impress me at all,like I said they should have blown out the bills with them being injury riddled and all,it shouldn’t have even been close,I was stunned how the defense thst had played so well all year laid an egg,if they laid an egg against the bills just think how bad they be against the ravens.

I see the ravens and chiefs matchup as rocky balboa and clubber Lang in their first fight with the chiefs being rocky balboa and the ravens being clubber Lang and we all know what the outcome of that fight was,the first one i again am talking about,it was not at all good in the least fir rocky.

After being on top fir so long he got complacent and got beat up by an up and coming rising star in clubber Lang which is what I see in the ravens.

Mahomes as great as he is,football is a team sport and he doesn’t have near as much talent around him as Jackson does fir the ravens,the ravens have the more talented players position by position for the most part.

Last edited:
Yes he’s had a great career.

However it did take him a few years to turn Michigan around. He lost to his main rivals OSU and MSU a lot, early in his tenure.

He was only an NFL coach for five years. Yes he did well turning the 49ers into a very competitive team, but he needs many more successful years in the NFL to be considered one of the best.
He won a Natty. When he got there Michigan had been losing basically every year to OSU for 20 years. He's beat them 3 straight, went to 3 straight PO's (the only team to do so the last 3 years) and won once. He turned the SF franchise around and took a very flawed QB to the SB.

Can you name a coach that has a better college and pro combined resume? I cant think of one.

here is why you can pretty much mail it in the ravens win sunday. as the Broncos found out in their superbowl against the seahawks,GREAT defense beats a high powered offense everytime and other than last sunday,the chiefs offense has been a mess all year long,they were just able to come alive sunday because of an injury riddled bills defense.

thanks to a combination of MVP-caliber play from Jackson and a No. 1 scoring defense that has suffocated even the most elite offenses.

Hey gipper how come you did not post your thoughts here on this thread of mine? you know same as i do its the truth.LOL

Last edited:
So the Chiefs who have actually won 2 and been to 3 SB's, in the last 5 years and been to the last 6 straight AFC championship games is less a dynasty than the team who's making their first AFC champ game appearance in a decade..... Please put me back on ignore. I'd prefer it if someone as stupid as you clearly are doesnt read my posts.
If repeating is the criteria, then almost nobody qualifies. There have only been 8 instances of a repeat (with Pittsburgh doing it twice) and none in the last 20 years (the Patriots being the last). At the end of his time in New England, the Pats with Brady averaged going to the Super Bowl every other year and winning it every three (again on average). Will there ever be a team with those stats again?

If repeating is the criteria, then almost nobody qualifies. There have only been 8 instances of a repeat (with Pittsburgh doing it twice) and none in the last 20 years (the Patriots being the last). At the end of his time in New England, the Pats with Brady averaged going to the Super Bowl every other year and winning it every three (again on average). Will there ever be a team with those stats again?
Chiefs are currently on that pace. We will see if they can keep it up.

The cowboys, Steelers,niners,packers,dolphins and patriots they are considered dynasty’s because they REPEATED.they are always called dynasty’s, to be a dynasty you got to repeat,that’s just how it is.i don’t make the rules,that’s just how it is.yes thst is correct few teams qualify.had the pats not repeated they would have been the exception because of how many superbowls they won.

Last edited:
I was amazed by how fast things turned around after Harbaugh took over the 49'ers. They went from a mediocre team under Singletary and soared to 13-3 in Harbaugh's first year.
That’s why I would be surprised if they are not a Super Bowl contender within a couple of years.

Marv Levy coached the Bills to four consecutive Super Bowls. This is one of the greatest accomplishments in NFL history.

Marv Levy coached the Bills to four consecutive Super Bowls. This is one of the greatest accomplishments in NFL history.
Yes but he lost every time. Just as Bud Grant did with the Vikings in the 70s.

Forum List

Back