I'm A Charger's Fan

Most teams don’t pay for their stadium dumdum. Sofi being privately funded by the Rams owner is a rarity. The only stadium funded completely by the owner is Gillette I think and there are only 4 teams that own their stadiums. But I’m clueless….
Well, in the Spanos case....they offered them something but the Spanos family wanted the city to pay for everything.
When they offered to do so....Spanos walked away from the deal.
They took the offer in L.A. mainly because Spanos bought the team to move them back to L.A. from the very beginning.
It would have been cheaper for him to stay, but he decided that he'd rather move.

Last edited:
Oh look wrong again…..
Not exactly. I wanted to say the opposite of what I wanted to happen....because whenever I say the Chargers are going to do something....hopefully they'll do the opposite. I guess this loss was so extreme that the owner had to do something or he couldn't show his face in public anymore.

It's the same with team jerseys. If I want them to trade a player....I buy his jersey.
They almost never pick the player I wanted in the draft....so that player goes to another team and becomes an all-pro.
That's part of the problem with the Chargers. They rarely make the right move. Justin Herbert is one exception.

Well, in the Spanos case....they offered them something but the Spanos family wanted the city to pay for everything.
When they offered to do so....Spanos walked away from the deal.
They took the offer in L.A. mainly because Spanos bought the team to move them back to L.A. from the very beginning.
It would have been cheaper for him to stay, but he decided that he'd rather move.

From your article almost all of Spanos’ net worth is the Chargers. He does t have the money to build a stadium. San Diego didn’t want to spend the money which makes sense so what exactly should he have done? Stayed at Qualcomm which everyone says was outdated and needed renovated or rebuilt and he doesn’t have the money to do or move.

From your article almost all of Spanos’ net worth is the Chargers. He does t have the money to build a stadium. San Diego didn’t want to spend the money which makes sense so what exactly should he have done? Stayed at Qualcomm which everyone says was outdated and needed renovated or rebuilt and he doesn’t have the money to do or move.
The article says he has $200 million of his own money. At one time he was one of the richest owners in the NFL. But now he's on the lower levels of ownership. He needs to sell the team to someone who can afford it.

Spanos bought the team so he could move it to Los Angeles. He had no love for San Diego. His plan all along was to move the team. He wanted a new stadium with big luxury boxes they could rent out to rich folks for $20,000 per game and fans that buy PSLs so they have to buy tickets whether they show up to the games or not. Upgrading Qualcomm wasn't an option. The problem with San Diego is the fans have too many other things to do than attend football games. The city had no intention on paying for a billion dollar stadium and let Spanos take all of the profit. It would take championships for them to want to pay for that. The Chargers have been to one Super Bowl and got blown out.

The article says he has $200 million of his own money. At one time he was one of the richest owners in the NFL. But now he's on the lower levels of ownership. He needs to sell the team to someone who can afford it.

Spanos bought the team so he could move it to Los Angeles. He had no love for San Diego. His plan all along was to move the team. He wanted a new stadium with big luxury boxes they could rent out to rich folks for $20,000 per game and fans that buy PSLs so they have to buy tickets whether they show up to the games or not. Upgrading Qualcomm wasn't an option. The problem with San Diego is the fans have too many other things to do than attend football games. The city had no intention on paying for a billion dollar stadium and let Spanos take all of the profit. It would take championships for them to want to pay for that. The Chargers have been to one Super Bowl and got blown out.
Do you have any idea what it costs to build a stadium? Sofi was over 5 BILLION but it’s the most expensive stadium in theeleague so let’s cut that in half. 2.5 BILLION. If that’s the standard most NFL owners are out. The Rooneys? Out of Pittsburgh. Virginia Halas? Fuck off you’re out. The Browns are out in Cincinnati. The Maras are gone in NY. etc.

Do you have any idea what it costs to build a stadium? Sofi was over 5 BILLION but it’s the most expensive stadium in theeleague so let’s cut that in half. 2.5 BILLION. If that’s the standard most NFL owners are out. The Rooneys? Out of Pittsburgh. Virginia Halas? Fuck off you’re out. The Browns are out in Cincinnati. The Maras are gone in NY. etc.
Wow. You so smart. I didn't know worldclass stadium complexes were expensive.

This post describes mark davis of the raiders as well.
Dean same as mark davis is a disgrace to the NFL not that the NFL has any class mind you.neither ever had any intention of keeping their team in their cities.if Alex spanos was still alive and still the owner,the chargers would still be in SD,he never would have moved them,dean sold out his father and the fans.as long as spanos and davis are the owners of those teams neither will be a Super Bowl contender,notice that mark davis got rid of Derek Carr after he took the raiders to the playoffs and the raiders are now a joke franchise again same as the chargers? Nobody wants to play for the raiders either because the owner who is stupid and does not care about winning as his father did.

The NFL should demand spanos sell the team to Elon Musk,Musk wants to buy them and move them back to San Diego.i can’t believe the other owners are not speaking out demanding this.the NFL has become a joke of a merry go round with franchise constantly leaving cities every few decades,wonder what will be the next franchise.musk would make them a Super Bowl contender.

Everything in your post was spot on with the exception of the fans in SD being a problem.unlike in LA where the chargers have NO HOMETOWN fan support as the Rams do,San Diego resident chargers fans packed the stadium every Sunday before it became common knowledge they were leaving SD.even the lean years when they were bad they always had good fan support,now in LA instead of having 8 road games a year they now have sixteen road games.nobody in LA gives two shits about the chargers or ever will and unfirtunately spanos does not give a shit about the lack of fan support either.

Spanos and davis have earned the names dumb and dumber,not sure which of the two is the dumber one though.

San Diego did not lose the chargers,the chargers lost San Diego and spanos fucked himself in the ass with the move to LA.

Wow. You so smart. I didn't know worldclass stadium complexes were expensive.
Well you came on here talking about how Spanos has 200 million acting like he should fund the stadium on his own. Frankly you've been all over the place in this thread.

This post describes mark davis of the raiders as well.
Dean same as mark davis is a disgrace to the NFL not that the NFL has any class mind you.neither ever had any intention of keeping their team in their cities.if Alex spanos was still alive and still the owner,the chargers would still be in SD,he never would have moved them,dean sold out his father and the fans.as long as spanos and davis are the owners of those teams neither will be a Super Bowl contender,notice that mark davis got rid of Derek Carr after he took the raiders to the playoffs and the raiders are now a joke franchise again same as the chargers? Nobody wants to play for the raiders either because the owner who is stupid and does not care about winning as his father did.

The NFL should demand spanos sell the team to Elon Musk,Musk wants to buy them and move them back to San Diego.i can’t believe the other owners are not speaking out demanding this.the NFL has become a joke of a merry go round with franchise constantly leaving cities every few decades,wonder what will be the next franchise.musk would make them a Super Bowl contender.

Everything in your post was spot on with the exception of the fans in SD being a problem.unlike in LA where the chargers have NO HOMETOWN fan support as the Rams do,San Diego resident chargers fans packed the stadium every Sunday before it became common knowledge they were leaving SD.even the lean years when they were bad they always had good fan support,now in LA instead of having 8 road games a year they now have sixteen road games.nobody in LA gives two shits about the chargers or ever will and unfirtunately spanos does not give a shit about the lack of fan support either.

Spanos and davis have earned the names dumb and dumber,not sure which of the two is the dumber one though.

San Diego did not lose the chargers,the chargers lost San Diego and spanos fucked himself in the ass with the move to LA.
I know they had fans in San Diego....but they didn't ask the fans to support the team. They asked the city of San Diego to do it.....and since half of them are transplants from another city, or another country, they couldn't get over 41% to approve a tax increase to pay for the new stadium.

The problem is most of the locals don't have any money.....and so fans from the visiting team bought up more than half of the tickets for home games, and they still do in L.A.

Well you came on here talking about how Spanos has 200 million acting like he should fund the stadium on his own. Frankly you've been all over the place in this thread.
:puhleeze:Personally I think your just some dickhead trying to piss me off.

I said Spanos didn't want to spend a penny to pay for upgrades.
Instead he goes to L.A. and agrees to pay 40% more to the NFL for a relocation fee than he would have had to pay if he stayed put and helped build a new stadium.

:puhleeze:Personally I think your just some dickhead trying to piss me off.

I said Spanos didn't want to spend a penny to pay for upgrades.
Instead he goes to L.A. and agrees to pay 40% more to the NFL for a relocation fee than he would have had to pay if he stayed put and helped build a new stadium.
It’s common knowledge here he is a dickhead stupid fuck troll only one worse is rightwinger.

I know they had fans in San Diego....but they didn't ask the fans to support the team. They asked the city of San Diego to do it.....and since half of them are transplants from another city, or another country, they couldn't get over 41% to approve a tax increase to pay for the new stadium.

The problem is most of the locals don't have any money.....and so fans from the visiting team bought up more than half of the tickets for home games, and they still do in L.A.
The differerence though is as I said,chargers fans would pack the stadium in SD which they don’t in LA,the charger fans always greatly outnumbered the visiting teams fans in SD which is not the case in LA,just the opposite.it was only when the raiders came to town when the hometown fans were outnumbered by visiting teams fans.that year they went to the Super Bowl and they won that playoff game against the dolphins,the dolphins had a chance to win it at the end of regulation with a field goal but thier kicker missed and you could hear the roar of the crowd.

the papers even mentioned the next day quoting one of the dolphin players they so much wanted the stadium to go super quiet by making the field goal But we’re pissed off by the loud roaring cheering crowd which again will NEVER happen in LA even if they ever do become a Super Bowl contender again. :up: LA is Rams country always will be and nobody will ever give a shit about the chargers in LA.

Same in the 80’s when they beat the dolphins again in a wild shootout in a playoff game where Kellon Winslow in that famous photo is seen being carried off the field he was so exhausted,nothing but chargers fans in that stadium as it always was when ALEX was the owner,wasn’t till asswipe motherfucker dean made no attempts tp keep them there and it was obvious they were going to be leaving did the visiting teams start outnumbering the charger fans with group tickets sold to visiting fans which is the same thing happening to them now in LA.

As I said,spanos fucked not only the nfl in the ass with the move but he fucked himself in the ass as well.

Last edited:

It may also be for the type of stadium they wanted built. A stadium at the level of Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cincinatti, and Philadelphia would be of quality and cheaper but not So Fi quality or Jerry's World or the newer stadiums with domes.

It may also be for the type of stadium they wanted built. A stadium at the level of Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cincinatti, and Philadelphia would be of quality and cheaper but not So Fi quality or Jerry's World or the newer stadiums with domes.
22lcidw
Like he said before dean spanos bought the team so he could move them to LA,he is a traiter to his father Alex,,Alex would never have left SD.dean did not want to fund a new stadium so he piggybacked on the dime of Stan kroneke who funded and built the stadium.it’s even called Rams stadium in sofi.You would think dean would have done anything to stay in SD so he could have the city to himself and be king of SD is what makes no sense,he will just always be an afterthought in LA sense nobody in LA gives a shit about the chargers or ever will,they will always have the same problem the raiders are having in Vegas,both teams now have sixteen road games all year long because nobody in Vegas gives a shit about the raiders and nobody in LA gives a shit about the chargers.dean git a sweetheart deal only having to have to pay Stan a dollar rent a month ooo rent his stadium,what a deal huh.

The nfl to their stupidity wanted two teams in LA,they are morons cause LA will never embrace two nfl teams as New York has,they are not a two team city as New York is,never has been,never will.

should only be the rams.kroneke sense he was financing and building the stadium,he git the choice of who he wanted as a tenant there in LA,the chargers or raiders.he told the nfl he did not want the raiders there sense the raiders have a big fanbase in LA and would hurt the rams fanbase and attendance there in LA.,the chargers on the other hand are no threat to the rams attendance,never will be sense again nobody in LA gives a shit about the chargers.dean spanos fucked himself in the ass with this move and davis has as well moving to Vegas.

Both owners don’t have deep pockets as kroneke of the rams do so they had someone else build theur stadium fir them instead of financing it themselves as kroneke did with the rams.they are both piss poor owners,that’s why they will never spend money on good players or a good coach,they wanted someone else to build a stadium fir them instead of building their own damn stadium is why they left theyr cities.they are going to burn in hell fir whst they have done to theur fans.

Fuck the nfl,if davis and spanos ever git hit by a truck and died tomorrow,the football world should celebrate.

They have earned the title dumb and dumber,take your pick who gets to be dumber of the two.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back