Chargers Hire Jim Harbaugh

Meanwhile Belichick will be all.

maxresdefault.jpg

A great hire for the Chargers. They have a franchise QB and loads of talent.

I wonder how this will work out. I think the pieces are there and Harbaugh is a fantastic coach, I just question whether the ownership will "allow" it to be successful. They have had the pieces before to include a good coach and couldnt get it done. You could argue they've had as good or better teams in the past. Tough division to get it done in that's for sure.

I wonder how this will work out. I think the pieces are there and Harbaugh is a fantastic coach, I just question whether the ownership will "allow" it to be successful. They have had the pieces before to include a good coach and couldnt get it done. You could argue they've had as good or better teams in the past. Tough division to get it done in that's for sure.
If the owner gives Harbaugh the control he wants then this could be a successful franchise.

If the owner gives Harbaugh the control he wants then this could be a successful franchise.
The problem with most teams like the Chargers is they pick up their skill players and build their lines as an afterthought.
Telesco did the same thing. It's something that losing teams always find out. Picking up skill players with nobody to block for them.
Harbaugh believes in building a physical team thru their Offensive and Defensive line play. Size and strength are as important as skill level. The problem with the Chargers is they have a lot of talent, but their lines only have a couple of #1 draft picks and not that much size. Right now the biggest team in the league is Baltimore. They're favored to win the SB.

Last edited:
The ideal franchise is the Packers who draft and develop their players.

A great hire for the Chargers. They have a franchise QB and loads of talent.

they could be a superbowl contender in a couple of years.

The problem with most teams like the Chargers is they pick up their skill players and build their lines as an afterthought.
Telesco did the same thing. It's something that losing teams always find out. Picking up skill player with nobody to block for them.
Harbaugh believes in building a physical team thru their Offensive and Defensive line play. Size and strength are as important as skill level. The problem with the Chargers is they have a lot of talent, but their lines only have a couple of #1 draft picks and not that much size. Right now the biggest team in the league is Baltimore. They're favored to win the SB.
Baltimore is the dynasty that everybody in the MSM media keeps saying the chiefs are,the chiefs are not a dynasty,you have to repeat as superbowl champions before you are a dynasty and they are going to get their asses kicked by baltimore,they barely beat a bills team that had many key injurys on defense,they should have blown them out. the Ravens have beat winning teams and they unlike the chiefs have a realistic chance of being the first team sense the cheatriots to repeat as superbowl champs next year.

it can be mailed in that they win the superbowl.

Last edited:
That's a big if, and I dont think most of the coaches who have acted as the GM also have ended up being successful in the long run. I cant think of any actually. The Pats are in the situation they are now because Belichick was both GM and HC. Harbaugh will likely be a great asset in the draft for the next 3-4 years due to him having recruited all the best players in college football so he will have insight others wont. Look at Carroll in Seattle early as an example. Once that edge goes away.... Which is why it's typically not advisable to give the HC the GM job as well.

That's a big if, and I dont think most of the coaches who have acted as the GM also have ended up being successful in the long run. I cant think of any actually. The Pats are in the situation they are now because Belichick was both GM and HC. Harbaugh will likely be a great asset in the draft for the next 3-4 years due to him having recruited all the best players in college football so he will have insight others wont. Look at Carroll in Seattle early as an example. Once that edge goes away.... Which is why it's typically not advisable to give the HC the GM job as well.
Harbaugh could select a GM that he could work with.

Baltimore is the dynasty that everybody in the MSM media keeps saying the chiefs are,the chiefs are not a dynasty,you have to repeat as superbowl champions before you are a dynasty and they are going to get their asses kicked by baltimore,they barely beat a bills team that had many key injurys on defense,they should have blown them out. the Ravens have beat winning teams and they unlike the chiefs have a realistic chance of being the first team sense the cheatriots to repeat as superbowl champs next year.

it can be mailed in that they win the superbowl.
Baltimore is a dynasty? They haven't even made it to the SB in over 10 years. This is their 1st AFC title game in a decade. You're defintion of a dynasty isnt shared with the vast majority of NFL fans.

Also in your first sentence you say that Baltimore is the actual dynasty not the Chiefs and then go on to say that you cant be a dynasty unless you win back to back SB's...... So there's that.

With the transfer portal being such a wild card, I wonder if college coaches will bolt when they can for the NFL now

Baltimore is a dynasty? They haven't even made it to the SB in over 10 years. This is their 1st AFC title game in a decade. You're defintion of a dynasty isnt shared with the vast majority of NFL fans.

Also in your first sentence you say that Baltimore is the actual dynasty not the Chiefs and then go on to say that you cant be a dynasty unless you win back to back SB's...... So there's that.
taking you off ignore for a second,they are GOING to be a dynasty. they will destroy the chiefs on sunday,the chiefs looked like the clowns on sunday even though they won because they played an injury riddled bills defense with many key injurys,they should have blown them out but just barely walkd out with a win only thanks to a missed field goal.after they win the superbowl i would be shocked if they dont repeat next year therefore starting their dynasty,they look like they are in a class by themselves.

next year will be the start of their dynasty,they will be in MANY superbowls in the future.

The Ravens owner unlike Lamar Hunt of the chiefs is committed to winning.No other NFL owner would have ever let Tyreek Hill go only Lamar Hunt.He didnt even make an serious attempt to get Deandre Hopkins who would have been a huge difference maker in their offense.

The Ravens owner he is committed wto winning going out and signing O dell Beckham,difference makers.the rams would never have made it to the superbowl had they not picked him up.

this Ravens team is going to be around a long long time and be in many superbowls. they look unstoppable in winning the superbowl this year and they wont be doing shit like having taylor swift come to games which has been a distraction to the chiefs all year long,If not for one of the greatest coachs of all time,they would have lost a lot more games than they did.

taking you off ignore for a second,they are GOING to be a dynasty. they will destroy the chiefs on sunday,the chiefs looked like the clowns on sunday even though they won because they played an injury riddled bills defense with many key injurys,they should have blown them out but just barely walkd out with a win only thanks to a missed field goal.after they win the superbowl i would be shocked if they dont repeat next year therefore starting their dynasty,they look like they are in a class by themselves.

next year will be the start of their dynasty,they will be in MANY superbowls in the future.

The Ravens owner unlike Lamar Hunt of the chiefs is committed to winning.No other NFL owner would have ever let Tyreek Hill go only Lamar Hunt.He didnt even make an serious attempt to get Deandre Hopkins who would have been a huge difference maker in their offense.

The Ravens owner he is committed wto winning going out and signing O dell Beckham,difference makers.the rams would never have made it to the superbowl had they not picked him up.

this Ravens team is going to be around a long long time and be in many superbowls. they look unstoppable in winning the superbowl this year and they wont be doing shit like having taylor swift come to games which has been a distraction to the chiefs all year long,If not for one of the greatest coachs of all time,they would have lost a lot more games than they did.

So the Chiefs who have actually won 2 and been to 3 SB's, in the last 5 years and been to the last 6 straight AFC championship games is less a dynasty than the team who's making their first AFC champ game appearance in a decade..... Please put me back on ignore. I'd prefer it if someone as stupid as you clearly are doesnt read my posts.

With the transfer portal being such a wild card, I wonder if college coaches will bolt when they can for the NFL now
There arent too many examples of highly successful college coaches prospering in the NFL.

Carroll and Harbaugh are the only 2 I can think of that have done it in the recent past.

Saban
Holtz
Petrino
Meyer

It didnt go well for those guys.

I agree. The Ravens look loaded. That QB is unbelievable. If he stays healthy, he could have a very long successful Hall of Fame career.

My guess is the Ravens beat SF in the SB. It might be a great game.

Too bad Harbaugh is leaving UM. I thought he might stay for years but after all the shit that’s happened this year with the suspensions, I’m not surprised he’s leaving.

There arent too many examples of highly successful college coaches prospering in the NFL.

Carroll and Harbaugh are the only 2 I can think of that have done it in the recent past.

Saban
Holtz
Petrino
Meyer

It didnt go well for those guys.
Agreed. I‘m not sure you can include Harbaugh as a successful pro coach, based on his short stint in SF. I think he needs more years.

Forum List

Back