Illinois voters ask elections board to take Trump off 2024 ballot

160% of the population? How does that work?

Okay, let's look at that.

How is pandering to five or six "purple" states any better?

Frankly, fixing our cities would fix our country. Instead we have one party that ignores the cities, and another that kind of takes them for granted.

The real problem is that if we had true Democracy, the Party of the Investor Class would be done. There just not enough stupid old white folks to maintain them.
/----/ Liberals can't fix anything; otherwise, NYC, Detroit, LA, and Chicago would have been fixed years ago.

‘A group of voters from Illinois asked the state board of elections Thursday to remove Donald Trump from the 2024 ballot, making it the most recent state where the former president faces a challenge to his candidacy under the 14th Amendment’s so-called insurrectionist ban.

[…]

“Donald J. Trump, through his words and actions, after swearing an oath as an officer of the United States to support the Constitution, engaged in insurrection or rebellion, or gave aid and comfort to its enemies, as defined by Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment,” the voters wrote in their petition to the board of elections.’

Let the states decide, the Supreme Court shouldn’t interfere.

Yes.....I imagine you would also have supported the democrat party states keeping slavery too.....right?

‘A group of voters from Illinois asked the state board of elections Thursday to remove Donald Trump from the 2024 ballot, making it the most recent state where the former president faces a challenge to his candidacy under the 14th Amendment’s so-called insurrectionist ban.

[…]

“Donald J. Trump, through his words and actions, after swearing an oath as an officer of the United States to support the Constitution, engaged in insurrection or rebellion, or gave aid and comfort to its enemies, as defined by Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment,” the voters wrote in their petition to the board of elections.’

If the majority of states would do thls then the Supreme Court should make it across the nation.

The President is not an officer, the President commissions all officer per Article II.

The oath a President takes is completely different from the oath Congress and officers etc. take.
Not really , he pledges to defend the Constitution. Most government officials do the same.

The right wing SCOTUS may well make that claim …. If they take the case.

If they don’t Trump is in trouble

This is spreading
It is spreading but SCOTUS is to bias to the right and I think that they will go with the people should make the determination

I do think there is legal standing to remove Trump as it is in the constitution. So it could go either way

Still the issue will galvanize the voters and I would not be surprised that the next election breaks previous voting records

So people should be getting their stolen election T-shirts before they sell out. As the Democratic wave is coming

Gee , I might even vote

It is spreading but SCOTUS is to bias to the right and I think that they will go with the people should make the determination

I do think there is legal standing to remove Trump as it is in the constitution. So it could go either way

Still the issue will galvanize the voters and I would not be surprised that the next election breaks previous voting records

So people should be getting their stolen election T-shirts before they sell out. As the Democratic wave is coming

Gee , I might even vote
Exactly. I would not at all be surprised to see the right wing Court defend Trump here but if they do it will point out GLARINGLY how important it is to elect Dems to the Senate and White House because that was how this Coirt got that way

Exactly. I would not at all be surprised to see the right wing Court defend Trump here but if they do it will point out GLARINGLY how important it is to elect Dems to the Senate and White House because that was how this Coirt got that way
Win the election

put Trump in jail

and Putin will be angry that his plan didn't work again

Gee , I might even vote
There’s no right wing bias in the Supreme Court. There’s a five justice bias in favor of the US Constitution.

There’s no constitutional basis to remove Trump from any ballot anywhere.

Stop thinking like a partisan hack.

There’s no right wing bias in the Supreme Court. There’s a five justice bias in favor of the US Constitution.

There’s no constitutional basis to remove Trump from any ballot anywhere.

Stop thinking like a partisan hack.
No right wing…

Sure buddy

For the history of our culture here in North America, among the easter indigenous peoples as well as among the Caucasians, farming has been a way of life even with the growth of agro-combine industrial farming.

For the history of our culture here in North America, among the easter indigenous peoples as well as among the Caucasians, farming has been a way of life even with the growth of agro-combine industrial farming.
I don't disagree with that.

That said, the purpose of modern agriculture is to produce the maximum amount of foodstuffs at the best price.

Like it or not, a factory farm can do that more efficiently than a family owned farm.

For political reasons, we have subsidized the family farmer to the point he's inefficient. A good example is the ethanol subsidy. It doesn't save energy, and it doesn't do much good in cars, but we insist on paying for it and mandating its use to create a demand.

[…]

A Liberal group asks for Trump to be removed. No bias there at all.

Trump's Candidacy On Illinios Ballot Should Be Decided By Courts, An Elections Board Hearing Officer Says.

Former Republican President Donald Trump participated in the fatal Jan. 6th insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, but it’s the courts — and not the State Board of Elections — that should decide whether to remove him from Illinois’ primary ballot, a state hearing officer recommended Sunday.

The Illinois objection to Trump’s candidacy was brought by five state voters, a national voting-rights organization involved in trying to keep Trump off the ballot and two Chicago law firms.

The case is a part of a multi-state strategy around the country to bar Trump from appearing on the 2024 ballot based on language in the 14th Amendment that prohibits insurrectionists from seeking public office. The U.S. Supreme Court is reviewing a Colorado Supreme Court ruling to bump Trump from that state’s ballot based on the 14th Amendment.

A Liberal group asks for Trump to be removed. No bias there at all.
Didn't flush the way they wanted it to.

I do think there is legal standing to remove Trump as it is in the constitution.
Usually to have legal standing, the plaintiffs have to show the court how they were affected by something.

Trump running for office hasn't affected anyone, unless they can demonstrate TDS.

Forum List

Back