Illinois investigation finds almost 2,000 children abused in Catholic Church

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021
Two thousand victims. Thats just insane.

An investigation by the Illinois Attorney General office revealed that 451 clergy members abused nearly 2,000 children in the Catholic Church across all the dioceses in the state, which is a staggering difference from what the Church reported in 2018.

Attorney General Kwame Raoul released a nearly 700-page report on Catholic clergy child sex abuse in Illinois on Tuesday, finding that the number of clergy members who were disclosed as abusers was undercounted by the church. The investigation found that 1,997 survivors were sexually abused by 451 Catholic clerics and religious brothers that were not all publicly disclosed by the Church initially.

“I was raised and confirmed in the Catholic Church and sent my children to Catholic schools. I believe the church does important work to support vulnerable populations; however, as with any presumably reputable institution, the Catholic church must be held accountable when it betrays the public’s trust,” Raoul said in a statement.

“It is my hope that this nearly 700-page report will provide some closure to survivors of child sex abuse by Catholic clerics by shining a light both on those who violated their positions of power and trust, and on the individuals in church leadership who covered up that abuse,” Raoul added. “These perpetrators may never be held accountable in a court of law, but by naming them here, the intention is to provide a public accounting and a measure of healing to survivors who have long suffered in silence.”

When the office started the investigation, the Church had only disclosed 103 of those clergy members who abused children. As the investigation moved forward, the Church publicly disclosed additional names of members who sexually abused children. The report lists the names and dioceses of the clergy members who abused children in Illinois.

The report also found that some many clergy members sought to protect the reputation of the Church rather than seek help for the survivors by covering up the incidents. The report found that in many instances, clergy member were given the “benefit of the doubt,” which allowed them more opportunities to harm children.

Now do public schools. Also the same happens with kids by perps affiliated with other denominations at the same rate. Ask any insurance broker who sells liability policies. It certainly does coincide with the mass liberalization of the Church in the 60's.

Who knew gays, perverts, and Democrats were in charge of all the worlds religions
they dont have to be in charge,,

look at the boy scouts,, 100% of the boys were molested by gay men,, smart people said ban gays from being troop leaders,, democrats solution was to allow gays to be troop leaders,,

Now do public schools. Also the same happens with kids by perps affiliated with other denominations at the same rate. Ask any insurance broker who sells liability policies. It certainly does coincide with the mass liberalization of the Church in the 60's.
School teachers are preying on kids in record numbers. Even female teachers are guilty of this.

they dont have to be in charge,,

look at the boy scouts,, 100% of the boys were molested by gay men,, smart people said ban gays from being troop leaders,, democrats solution was to allow gays to be troop leaders,,
Boy scouts are a religious organization. There is no safer place in the world for child rapists than in religious organizations. You should not be surprised that overwhelming majority of child rapists seek safe haven in religious organizations.

I wonder how many of the priests even believe in God?

If you are queer for little boys what better place to be than in the Catholic Church?

OTOH godless libs who are attracted to little girls seem to prefer protestant church's
All organizations have pedophiles.

Boy scouts are a religious organization. There is no safer place in the world for child rapists than in religious organizations. You should not be surprised that overwhelming majority of child rapists seek safe haven in religious organizations.
thats why you ban them instead of demanding they be allowed to be involved,,,

its simple science,,

In my admittedly recent experience, the Catholic Church is fighting a hell of a lot harder against the new pedos than the divided Lutheran and Methodist churches. The Methodists and ELCA Lutherans are almost advertising to attract the perverts.

Go to EWTN and listen to Fr. Mitch Pacwa, Fr. Robert Spitzer and Dr. David Anders. Go to YouTube and listen to Fr. Chris Alar and Fr. Mike Schmitz.

Catholics are kicking ass against the pedos and very much praying for the victims of the unarguably few Catholic homosexuals.

There are leaders and members of your local church raping and grooming children as we speak; why haven't you banned them?
I dont go to church and know not of these people,,

since you do know about them why havent you done anything???

and why do you complain about this when youre for exposing children to homos and perverts??

Forum List

Back