Ilhan Omar denied a Holocaust

You again? Do you have dementia? We are done here since you were an asshole
Isn’t it funny when someone considers something disgusting only to later find out that the person they support did the same thing?

I sure think so. Very interesting.

In my opinion, they’re forced to make a choice:
A) They need to admit that the guy they support is disgusting.
B) They now reject or downplay what they used to consider disgusting.

I guess there’s a third option too. They can just try to hide from the whole dilemma and pretend it doesn’t exist, hoping it just goes away.

Personally, I like to observe these kinds of situations. I think it’s fascinating watching people stumble into internal dilemmas like this and then observing how they respond.

How about you?

Last edited:
When the House of Representatives overwhelmingly adopted a resolution recognizing the Armenian Genocide, which resulted in the systematic murder of an estimated 1.5 million Armenians by Ottoman Turkey a century ago, Omar opted out by voting "present." In other words, she was unwilling to acknowledge one of the greatest human tragedies of the 20th century.

Why? Well, it seems, she has a soft spot for Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, which also may explain why she refused to join the vast majority of her congressional colleagues in condemning the Turkish leader's consistently egregious human rights violations.

Genocide is one of those things that we are always happy to accuse other countries of while denying it ourselves.

Maybe before we bitch about what Turkey did during a war 100 years ago, we should discuss what we did to the Native Americans. Or one of my favorite neglected historical topics, what the US did in the Philippines between 1899 and 1910.

It makes about as much sense as blaming modern Brits for the excesses of the British Empire or Americans for the genocide of Native Americans.

Here's an idea, after we've formally apologized for our crimes against Native Americans, Blacks and Filipinos 100 years ago, then we can start running Turkey down for what the now defunct Ottoman Empire did.

Isn’t it funny when someone considers something disgusting only to later find out that the person they support did the same thing?

I sure think so. Very interesting.

In my opinion, they’re forced to make a choice:
A) They need to admit that the guy they support is disgusting.
B) They now reject or downplay what they used to consider disgusting.

I guess there’s a third option too. They can just try to hide from the whole dilemma and pretend it doesn’t exist, hoping it just goes away.

Personally, I like to observe these kinds of situations. I think it’s fascinating watching people stumble into internal dilemmas like this and then observing how they respond.

How about you?
You never answered my question. When you told me about the GOP, I created a separate thread on that. What else would you like? Conversations only work if we answer one another. One way conversations do not work and that is what you want. You still didn't answer my question because you're so self absorbed. So fuck off.

Genocide is one of those things that we are always happy to accuse other countries of while denying it ourselves.

Maybe before we bitch about what Turkey did during a war 100 years ago, we should discuss what we did to the Native Americans. Or one of my favorite neglected historical topics, what the US did in the Philippines between 1899 and 1910.

It makes about as much sense as blaming modern Brits for the excesses of the British Empire or Americans for the genocide of Native Americans.

Here's an idea, after we've formally apologized for our crimes against Native Americans, Blacks and Filipinos 100 years ago, then we can start running Turkey down for what the now defunct Ottoman Empire did.
When did we deny what we did? NAs don't pay taxes. We have Affirmative Action for PoC?

You never answered my question. When you told me about the GOP, I created a separate thread on that. What else would you like? Conversations only work if we answer one another. One way conversations do not work and that is what you want. You still didn't answer my question because you're so self absorbed. So fuck off.
Your question: What else would you like?

My answer: Nothing in particular. I just want to observe how you respond. I think it’s funny that you criticized Omar for something and THEN realized that Trump is guilty of the same, well actually worse. I want to see how you deal with that realization.

Anything else? I already said you can ask a question and I would answer it. But I’m not going to go on a scavenger hunt to try to read your mind about which question you want answered. If you have something to ask, then just ask it.

I suspect that you just want to whine. I don’t think you even want a question answered - I think you just want to whine about not having your question answered. I predict that you will continue whining without actually asking your question. Let’s see.

I don’t think
We agree there. Trump’s reasoning was due to negotiation tactics and I think it was stupid. Omar’s reason was because she likes Erdogan and he is a Muslim. Armenians are Christians. My question is do you believe that Omar has a track record of such actions/verbiage vs the members you mentioned from the GOP. The reasonings while both bad IMO are vastly different. Observe that. There is a currently a D1 swimmer who decided to identify as a woman crushing actual women in competitions. You think that’s fair or should we pander to the trans community and shut our eyes? Leftism has gone too far. Liberals need to disassociate themselves from these moon bats.

We agree there. Trump’s reasoning was due to negotiation tactics and I think it was stupid. Omar’s reason was because she likes Erdogan and he is a Muslim. Armenians are Christians. My question is do you believe that Omar has a track record of such actions/verbiage vs the members you mentioned from the GOP. The reasonings while both bad IMO are vastly different. Observe that. There is a currently a D1 swimmer who decided to identify as a woman crushing actual women in competitions. You think that’s fair or should we pander to the trans community and shut our eyes? Leftism has gone too far. Liberals need to disassociate themselves from these moon bats.
Question: My question is do you believe that Omar has a track record of such actions/verbiage vs the members you mentioned from the GOP.

Answer: I don’t know. I think a lot of politicians have a track record of saying and doing dumb things.

What I find interesting is that you started the topic on THIS particular issue. Now that you realize that Trump and your beloved GOP are guilty of worse, you want to talk about OTHER things. Not so outraged on THIS issue anymore, are you?

What the fuck do trans swimmers have to do with this topic? Why do you always bring it back to this? Obsessed much? We’ve spoken about this plenty before. Go back and read those topics.

Question: My question is do you believe that Omar has a track record of such actions/verbiage vs the members you mentioned from the GOP.

Answer: I don’t know. I think a lot of politicians have a track record of saying and doing dumb things.

What I find interesting is that you started the topic on THIS particular issue. Now that you realize that Trump and your beloved GOP are guilty of worse, you want to talk about OTHER things. Not so outraged on THIS issue anymore, are you?

What the fuck do trans swimmers have to do with this topic? Why do you always bring it back to this? Obsessed much? We’ve spoken about this plenty before. Go back and read those topics.
I started this topic to bash the 2019 Antisemite of the year (she won that) Omar. Didn't realize she did the same with the Armenian Genocide. But it shows a track record. She will stick by Islamists first and foremost. What I did not know is that Trump did the same albeit for different reasons. It has to do with leftists going too far. You keep yapping that I am not an Independent. Well I am but I am anti far left messaging. As is Bill Maher btw and he is a Democrat. I was also anti GWB and all his idiocy did that make me a Democrat? No.

You are an idiot.

I started this topic to bash the 2019 Antisemite of the year (she won that) Omar. Didn't realize she did the same with the Armenian Genocide. But it shows a track record. She will stick by Islamists first and foremost. What I did not know is that Trump did the same albeit for different reasons. It has to do with leftists going too far. You keep yapping that I am not an Independent. Well I am but I am anti far left messaging. As is Bill Maher btw and he is a Democrat. I was also anti GWB and all his idiocy did that make me a Democrat? No.

You are an idiot.
Your topic is about Omar denying this holocaust.

The simple truth is that Democrats were much more aligned on this issue that you’re pretending to be outraged about. There are more Republicans who took a much worse stance on this issue, Trump included.

If you were actually independent, your outrage would be aligned accordingly.

Your topic is about Omar denying this holocaust.

The simple truth is that Democrats were much more aligned on this issue that you’re pretending to be outraged about. There are more Republicans who took a much worse stance on this issue, Trump included.

If you were actually independent, your outrage would be aligned accordingly.
Democrats are? Like the Squad who wanted to pass BDS? LOL

How many GOP were pro BDS? My outrage is aligned accordingly. I explained in detail how. Bill Maher agrees with ME! So is he a Republican?

Look at you go trying to pivot out of the topic you started. Haha.
Pivot? Show me GOP who supported BDS, which would be the end of Israel. You said the GOP is equally antisemitic. Stand by your words or shut the fuck up and you still HAVE NOT answered my question. Why? You know it makes you look stupid. Dumb Leftist.

Anyone here a good judge of character? Leftists don't reply, you're not by default, but you sure talk-a-lot.

Look at Omar's eyes, the eyes don't lie.

Pivot? Show me GOP who supported BDS, which would be the end of Israel. You said the GOP is equally antisemitic. Stand by your words or shut the fuck up and you still HAVE NOT answered my question. Why? You know it makes you look stupid. Dumb Leftist.
Haha you’re getting desperate now.

You: “You said the GOP is equally antisemitic.”

No I didn’t say that. You made that up in your desperate attempt to pivot away from the topic.

The topic, by the way, is denial of the Armenian holocaust. I noticed that you don’t seem to want to talk about that anymore lol.

Maybe if you type really angrily, then people won’t notice that you’re changing the subject and making shit up. Lmao.

Forum List

Back