Latinos generally agree: the term "Latinx" is a racial slur

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
Another attempt by woke leftists to ingratiate themselves to minorities backfires. LOL

Also, anyone who actually speaks Spanish knows you can't pronounce the word "Latinx" in Spanish.

As Democrats seek to reach out to Latino voters in a more gender-neutral way, they’ve increasingly begun using the word Latinx, a term that first began to get traction among academics and activists on the left.
But that very effort could be counterproductive in courting those of Latin American descent, according to a new nationwide poll of Hispanic voters.

Only 2 percent of those polled refer to themselves as Latinx, while 68 percent call themselves “Hispanic” and 21 percent favored “Latino” or “Latina” to describe their ethnic background, according to the survey from Bendixen & Amandi International, a top Democratic firm specializing in Latino outreach.

More problematic for Democrats: 40 percent said Latinx bothers or offends them to some degree and 30 percent said they would be less likely to support a politician or organization that uses the term.

Another attempt by woke leftists to ingratiate themselves to minorities backfires. LOL

Also, anyone who actually speaks Spanish knows you can't pronounce the word "Latinx" in Spanish.

As Democrats seek to reach out to Latino voters in a more gender-neutral way, they’ve increasingly begun using the word Latinx, a term that first began to get traction among academics and activists on the left.
But that very effort could be counterproductive in courting those of Latin American descent, according to a new nationwide poll of Hispanic voters.

Only 2 percent of those polled refer to themselves as Latinx, while 68 percent call themselves “Hispanic” and 21 percent favored “Latino” or “Latina” to describe their ethnic background, according to the survey from Bendixen & Amandi International, a top Democratic firm specializing in Latino outreach.

More problematic for Democrats: 40 percent said Latinx bothers or offends them to some degree and 30 percent said they would be less likely to support a politician or organization that uses the term.
Why do you care if people use that word or not?! Use whatever word you want and stop whining about it. Jesus, for an anti snowflake you sure sound like a snowflake

Why do you care if people use that word or not?! Use whatever word you want and stop whining about it. Jesus, for an anti snowflake you sure sound like a snowflake

I don't care, but you're offending a lot of Latinos when you call them Latinx. But, I know you'll still do it, because you don't give a shit about them.

1638833021791.png

I wuv it.These people are beginning to circle the drain with all the other bathroom scum....lolol

I don't care, but you're offending a lot of Latinos when you call them Latinx. But, I know you'll still do it, because you don't give a shit about them.
I don’t call anybody LatinX so yet again you display that you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about

this must be a new word....i never have heard it....

Wokeists do not like the Spanish language and it's use of gendered language. If men and women are truly fluid language has to go. No more Latinas or Latinos only Latinx. Hispanics just don't want to change their language. Likely neither do the French.

And the Left remains absolutely committed to shooting itself in the foot on the social issues. Another stupid unforced error. Ideology blinds.

Erasing an entire peoples' language because you can't handle the difference between men and women is not a social issue. It's a mental disorder.

Typical democrat dumbasses in a race to out-virtue signal each other but apparently don't know anything about the Spanish language.

Typical democrat dumbasses in a race to out-virtue signal each other but apparently don't know anything about the Spanish language.
It is rather ironic that they demand certain strictures to be 'sensitive' while that same stricture shits all over the heritage that they are supposedly cherishing.

I don’t call anybody LatinX so yet again you display that you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about
But you sure are quick as hell to parrot the tired old defense of 'why do you care' bullshit.

It was a simple point, the woke terminology is offensive and from a group that cannot handle the 'Redskins' as a name for a football team because they are so outraged for someone else, those same people are utterly ignorant that they are far more offensive themselves.

It is rather telling that almost all the people you can actually find offended by any of the terms the woke routinely rage against are lily white liberals.

But you sure are quick as hell to parrot the tired old defense of 'why do you care' bullshit.

It was a simple point, the woke terminology is offensive and from a group that cannot handle the 'Redskins' as a name for a football team because they are so outraged for someone else, those same people are utterly ignorant that they are far more offensive themselves.

It is rather telling that almost all the people you can actually find offended by any of the terms the woke routinely rage against are lily white liberals.
Yes I ask why so-called conservatives whine about it when their whole platform is about personal liberty. The people say whatever the hell they want to say why do you care?

Yes I ask why so-called conservatives whine about it when their whole platform is about personal liberty. The people say whatever the hell they want to say why do you care?

Because you people can never leave it at that. If you don't like what someone says, you declare that NO ONE can say it, and anyone who ever said it in the history of the world is a monster, and then you try to silence them through threats, intimidation, and violence.

I know, you cant address the topic.

It is unsurprising.
I was addressing a poster about his post. I can say your responses to me are off topic as well But then I’d sound as dumb as you.

Forum List

Back