"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment"? Donald Trump

There's a lot of problems with this accusation.

1. Can't turn a blind eye to something that isn't our job to prosecute. If Burisma made millions illegally, they did it in Ukraine and broke their laws.
2. There's no evidence the prosecutor was coming after Burisma.
3. There's no evidence Burisma asked Biden to do anything about the prosecutor.
4. There's extensive evidence in testimony under oath that the desire to have the prosecutor fired stemmed from State Dept officials who were upset with this prosecutor being entirely corrupt.

Not only is there no evidence for the accusation, there's considerable evidence against it.
You say no evidence and I say no evidence presented as of YET!!! Therein lies the difference. You agreed the optics are bad. Why are they bad in your opinion?

Stupidity makes me angry. Sorry.

Trump adequately demonstrated that Congressional investigatory powers are essentially null when it comes to the president. SCOTUS backed him up. See the Mazars decision.
OK, then you have nothing to worry about, big guy. Correct?

Biden won't be prosecuted but his approval rating will sink even lower...if thats possible and lead to fewer leftists in power, hopefully.

You say no evidence and I say no evidence presented as of YET!!! Therein lies the difference. You agreed the optics are bad. Why are they bad in your opinion?
It's not really a difference. Your accusation relies not on facts but on speculation. We agree on that.

The appearance of the conflict of interest is bad, for anyone.

OK, then you have nothing to worry about, big guy. Correct?

Biden won't be prosecuted but his approval rating will sink even lower...if thats possible and lead to fewer leftists in power, hopefully.
I worry that a lot of people such as yourself are no longer grounded in reality, and this case is exactly why I worry about that.

Without a common reality, the country is going to struggle.

Criminals don't publicly release their tax records for that very reason.

Biden released his tax records, while Trump took it all the way to the supreme court to keep them secret.

Do the math.

That is silly.
Trump did NOT keep his tax info secret from the government.
The government has always known exactly what Trump claimed as for his income, assets, etc.

The fact Trump likes to appear more solvent than he likely really is, does not bother me and should not bother anyone.

Trump adequately demonstrated that Congressional investigatory powers are essentially null when it comes to the president. SCOTUS backed him up. See the Mazars decision.
Hunter isn’t President, Dumbass.

Then you have nothing to worry about. You seem overly aggressive and angry? Let's see what happens when Hunter has to testify in front of Congress under oath.
Good thing they have all those presidents of refusing to testify he can use.

Which is how they got Al Capone.

The prosecution of Al Capone was totally and completely illegal.
Congress has no authority to dictate personal choices, like to consume alcohol or not.
It is Congress who should be imprisoned, for crimes like Prohibition, the War on Drugs, federal gun control, Iraqi WMD lies, mandated sentences, asset forfeiture, etc.

You can't plead the 5th for any question that can't incriminate you. A person can be questioned about what they know about the crimes of others. They have to answer those or be held in contempt. If the questions start addressing some crime you might have been involved in, then you can plead the fifth. You can't plead the fifth and then try and defend yourself.

And how many times he pled isn't the point is it?
Lois Lerner got away with it. Is she more of a citizen than Eric Trump? Do their rights differ because of party affiliation?

There's a lot of problems with this accusation.

1. Can't turn a blind eye to something that isn't our job to prosecute. If Burisma made millions illegally, they did it in Ukraine and broke their laws.
2. There's no evidence the prosecutor was coming after Burisma.
3. There's no evidence Burisma asked Biden to do anything about the prosecutor.
4. There's extensive evidence in testimony under oath that the desire to have the prosecutor fired stemmed from State Dept officials who were upset with this prosecutor being entirely corrupt.

Not only is there no evidence for the accusation, there's considerable evidence against it.

Totally wrong.
Burisma Holdings was to get kickbacks of US foreign aid money, back to US citizens.
Which violates US law IN the US.

I don't care if you take my word for it or not. Your ignorance isn't my problem.
Is that you way of admitting you lied about what Hunter Bidens business partner said under oath?

That he never testified to who "the big guy" was.

YUP. I saw it coming. As I said, you're a known liar.

It's not really a difference. Your accusation relies not on facts but on speculation. We agree on that.

The appearance of the conflict of interest is bad, for anyone.
Be more specific. Why is it bad in this case for Joe Biden. What conflict of interest?

The constitution essentially gives Congress no investigatory powers at all.
Investigation, subpoena, etc., are executive powers, and contempt is a judicial power.
Congress, as a legislative body, is violating the constitution when it tries to usurp the separations of powers articles.

I worry that a lot of people such as yourself are no longer grounded in reality, and this case is exactly why I worry about that.

Without a common reality, the country is going to struggle.
I said the optics are bad and I believe something illegal happened. You agree the optics are bad but that nothing illegal happened. Thanks for your worry.

Forum List

Back