"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment"? Donald Trump

Then you must think Comey, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, and Fauci should be in jail too?

Pretty much. I believe both Clapper and Fauci committed perjury and should have been charged. I really didn't pay much attention to the rest other than to note that Comey was in way over his ability.

That is silly because one can not prosecute in the US without first investigating in the Ukraine, which can only be done by the Ukrainians.

And Trump can not conduct an investigation into what Hunter did for the Ukraine.
Only Ukrainians can.
You have to realize that the US can only prosecute violations of American law. I'm sure folks in Russia are doing all kinds of things that are illegal in Russia, but we can't do anything about it.

You can believe in unicorns if you want. Other people may judge you for doing so.
You didn't answer my question. So do you believe in God? Is that based in reality? Hunter Biden is a giant fuckup who has made millions sitting on boards of companies whose language he does not speak and industries he knows nothing about. He has made deals with foreign governments using his name and most recently sold paintings for crazy $$$. Bears watching what the GOP do in 2023....got your popcorn?

I worry that a lot of people such as yourself are no longer grounded in reality, and this case is exactly why I worry about that.

Without a common reality, the country is going to struggle.

Reality does not have to be common at all.
For example, almost the entirely country believed the Iraqi WMD lies, the majority even believed Saddam was behind the 9/11 attacks.
You NEVER want to go with a "common" reality, like that "slavery is right", "Jews are evil", "women should not vote", etc.
You want to instead try to make actual reality, common.
Which is much harder to do.

You have to realize that the US can only prosecute violations of American law. I'm sure folks in Russia are doing all kinds of things that are illegal in Russia, but we can't do anything about it.

Kickbacks of US foreign aid to the Ukraine, to Hunter Biden, is covered by US law.

{...
§ 1.162-18 Illegal bribes and kickbacks.
(a) Illegal payments to government officials or employees -

(1) In general. No deduction shall be allowed under section 162(a) for any amount paid or incurred, directly or indirectly, to an official or employee of any government, or of any agency or other instrumentality of any government, if -

(i) In the case of a payment made to an official or employee of a government other than a foreign government described in subparagraph (3) (ii) or (iii) of this paragraph, the payment constitutes an illegal bribe or kickback, or

(ii) In the case of a payment made to an official or employee of a foreign government described in subparagraph (3) (ii) or (iii) of this paragraph, the making of the payment would be unlawful under the laws of the United States (if such laws were applicable to the payment and to the official or employee at the time the expenses were paid or incurred).

No deduction shall be allowed for an accrued expense if the eventual payment thereof would fall within the prohibition of this section. The place where the expenses are paid or incurred is immaterial. For purposes of subdivision (ii) of this subparagraph, lawfulness, or unlawfulness of the payment under the laws of the foreign country is immaterial.
...}

That is absurd.
It is blatantly obvious what was done was illegal.
There is no indication Hunter did a single thing to warrant being paid millions.

While it is true there is no proof yet, but getting proof requires an investigation, just as Trump is on record as requesting.
Ironically you just proved that the was no quid-pro JOE.

For example, almost the entirely country believed the Iraqi WMD lies, the majority even believed Saddam was behind the 9/11 attacks.
You NEVER want to go with a "common" reality, like that "slavery is right", "Jews are evil", "women should not vote", etc.
But we have a common reality now that we know we didn't find the WMD in Iraq and going forward the populace is more skeptical about US intelligence claims that are seemingly designed to support a war.

Our shared reality is necessary.

So why did Biden insist that the Ukraine fire the prosecutor investigating Burisma? Local prosecutor investigating a local company?

Hmmmm

Nostra What are your thoughts on this?

But we have a common reality now that we know we didn't find the WMD in Iraq and going forward the populace is more skeptical about US intelligence claims that are seemingly designed to support a war.

Our shared reality is necessary.
Yep and that came after a full investigation. This has not happened yet with Hunter/Joe/Ukraine/China/Paintings to my satisfaction.

Biden managing US affairs in Ukraine gives the appearance that he could be doing favors for Burisma.

It's not rocket science, we both know this.

It is not just "appearance".
We know the Ukraine was stealing oil and gas from Russia, US military aid to the Ukraine then was illegal since the world court had already ruled against them, and clearly Hunter Biden did ZERO to legally earn those millions he was given.

It a pretty open and shut case really.

The difference in those realities is one set is clearly "propaganda" that was propagated by Bush and Company. People get things right, unless they're purposefully lied to.

You didn't answer my question. So do you believe in God? Is that based in reality? Hunter Biden is a giant fuckup who has made millions sitting on boards of companies whose language he does not speak and industries he knows nothing about. He has made deals with foreign governments using his name and most recently sold paintings for crazy $$$. Bears watching what the GOP do in 2023....got your popcorn?
I don't feel the need to discuss my religious beliefs. Too personal.

The GOP already tried to go after Hunter Biden in 2020, and that was with a compliant administration willing to disclose confidential information the government possessed on his banking transactions.

It went nowhere.

But that doesn't stop people like you from going on and on about it.

I don't feel the need to discuss my religious beliefs. Too personal.

The GOP already tried to go after Hunter Biden in 2020, and that was with a compliant administration willing to disclose confidential information the government possessed on his banking transactions.

It went nowhere.

But that doesn't stop people like you from going on and on about it.
GOP controlled the House in 2020? Link please. Let's see what happens in 2023 once the laptop is thoroughly vetted.

It is not just "appearance".
We know the Ukraine was stealing oil and gas from Russia, US military aid to the Ukraine then was illegal since the world court had already ruled against them, and clearly Hunter Biden did ZERO to legally earn those millions he was given.

It a pretty open and shut case really.
What a bunch of bullshit.

Hunter Biden may not have done a single thing to warrant being paid millions. That would not be illegal.

The only question is whether any official action was done in exchange for those millions. If there were grounds for an investigation, the DoJ would be more than happy to do so, however Trump went outside the DOJ with his little request.

Obviously an official action was done in exchange for those millions paid to Hunter.
Which was the billions illegally given to the Ukraine.
Since the Ukraine had been found guilty of stealing Russian gas and oil, it was illegal for the US to supply them with weapons to prevent collection of this judgement.
And NO, the DOJ is NOT how diplomacy is conducted, or how one gets another country to conduct an investigation for the US.
The DOJ would have no authority or ability to investigate anything about the Ukraine.
As much as I do not like Trump, he did this correctly, legally, and with full public disclosure.
Which shows the impeachment was totally and completely illegal.

So why did Biden insist that the Ukraine fire the prosecutor investigating Burisma? Local prosecutor investigating a local company?

Hmmmm

Nostra What are your thoughts on this?
Because that's what Obama told him to do, and the EU and IMF pushed for it. In fact the IMF threatened to withhold the $4 billion, unless the prosecutor was fired.

Forum List

Back