If you want to avoid homelessness, you'll have to commit a crime... that's just the way it works

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
Seriously, we wonder why we have a high crime rate in the US

maybe it's because ssome people, when they get tired of sleeping on thesidewalk in winter... decide... Hey, if I shoplift (or...?) I can have a warm place to sleep and a shower... and a meal...

that is very sad IMO

The people who are homeless bc they can't afford rent... victions of domestic violence... etc... who do not want to commit a crime so as to have their basic needs met..

too bad for them... it's the wet streets for you... hope you can find a place for your tent...

maybe it's because ssome people, when they get tired of sleeping on thesidewalk in winter... decide... Hey, if I shoplift (or...?) I can have a warm place to sleep and a shower... and a meal...

that is very sad IMO

The people who are homeless bc they can't afford rent... victions of domestic violence... etc... who do not want to commit a crime so as to have their basic needs met..

too bad for them... it's the wet streets for you... hope you can find a place for your tent...
Im getting out of NYC in two years, just before it collapses.

My only question would be why isn't a homeless shelter an option? Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is there a time limit on how long people can be at one?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

that is very sad IMO

Very, very few Americans are homeless who want to be. The alternatives are myriad. The cost of entry: hard work and lots of it.

rightnow909
When I lived in NH the homeless and bums used to commit a crime in the Fall so they would be arrested and get sent to a warm jail cell.

Happened every year I worked at the PD.

that is very sad IMO

Badger has slept in 17 below zero F. For some, it’s a challenge. For others, it’s a way of life that boycotts the violent insanity of the particularly disgusting Rent Pimp. Houselessness is different from homelessness. Houselessness is aware of the Pimp charging the prisoners to inhabit space. The space inhabited is defined by the Pimp’s structure, which, whether or not it’s rented, goes on appreciating via capitalism’s values.

Like mandated vaccines, badger suggests complete boycott of this Pimp while one saves their money. Not everyone can do it, though it is possible. Trump/De Santis 2024.

Gestapo swoops on encampments in Wisconsin this weekend. This is a national dem-nazi effort linked to the dem-nazi media. To screw the Pimp correctly, it’s not very intelligent to associate with otherS. Not even god, another insane entity that doesn’t exist, gets to know (where Or when [italics]) you screw this Pimp. If you dumb bastards and bastardesses haven’t learned your lesson yet, go stand in One of religion’s charity-mafia food lines until you get your craw filled of it.

My only question would be why isn't a homeless shelter an option? Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is there a time limit on how long people can be at one?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Maybe they should GET A JOB.
maybe no one will hire them
In there present state: dirty, unkempt, drunk or high, of course not. There are standards even for department store Santas.

So these liberal prosecutors who have effectively legalized shoplifting in their jurisdiction are actually harming the homeless.
that is very sad IMO

Heavily on the "etc." Sure there are victims of domestic violence who become homeless to escape. But there are women's shelters set up specifically for them. They have always been safe havens, except when they are trans friendly.

The majority of homeless are drug or alcohol abusers who avoid shelters because their drug use would be monitored and they could not prostitute themselves for drugs.

I'm very sad for them, I don't judge them. But they are not helped by pity. They could be helped only be being declared incompetent to manage themselves, then confined and forcibly treated.

Do we want to do that? My libertarian side says no, but my humanitarian side says yes.

^^^ I don't know which part of your message was meant for me, but I do know that homeless shelters may have strict conduct rules. The one in my city does because I have a cousin who was there once. A few days after showing up, he was kicked out for being seen with a girl who was also there. I don't know what they were seen doing, but it was enough to get my cousin booted from the place. I don't know if she was given the same treatment.

God bless you and my cousin always!!!

Holly

P.S. Why didn't I take him in? I did, but it wasn't until after his getting booted which ended up being a big mistake. What happened? A very itching parting gift was left behind after he left to go stay with other members of our family: bed bugs. In my defense, his staying at my address was not my idea. Why was he at the shelter? Issues with his dad who never should've become a parent in the first place.

I have seen that when I lived in NO Central Maine. Some did exactly that. Heat, 3 meals and a cot, medical, bubba sex, they were in heaven and released in spring to try their next scam. I have seen these Maine goobers steal a mans boots from next door, wear them and when confronted deny it. Ummm a man can recognize their own boots.

But there was another way, Rent a place before winter, don't pay a penny rent. In Maine one cannot be evicted for any reason Oct to May because of the weather. Had a contractor buddy was too nice, gullible. He rented a place and no rent in 3 years. Finally evicted the guy. Believe it or not he asked the landlord, "OK then can I rent one of your other places?" Not kidding.

The MSRA realty laws and Maine laws favor the scum, not the people. I sold a nice place on 6 acres. In 3 years he made 8 payments total. Took a year and a half to finally evict him, Oct to May bullshit, 3 mo late I go to lawyer and pay, he makes a payment, so good till the next 3 months or Oct to May. . $46K judgement in my favor. He was mad cause he was only 28 months in arrears, couldn't believe I would do that to him so destroyed the home, totally. Whoopie, collect a judgement from a stone (haha he was a stone mason) But then Karma is always to be counted on. I wasn't the only one he screwed, many old people paid him up front for work, never done. Soooo I went looking for him. he knew it. I was only going to bitch slap him till he pissed himself. Suicided. Saved me a trip by not having to kick his ass.

Oh yeah, got the fuck out of that retarded lib state in 2010. I did like Angus King an independent Gov. Everyone did, he rode a convertible around no SS. We were way in the black. Then Baldacci a freakin lib takes over, deep red immediately, him and his bro bankrupt the "mama Baldaccis" Italian restaurant in Bangor at the same time which always had a 1/4 block line outside.

^^^ I don't know which part of your message was meant for me, but I do know that homeless shelters may have strict conduct rules. The one in my city does because I have a cousin who was there once. A few days after showing up, he was kicked out for being seen with a girl who was also there. I don't know what they were seen doing, but it was enough to get my cousin booted from the place. I don't know if she was given the same treatment.

Holly

P.S. Why didn't I take him in? I did, but it wasn't until after his getting booted which ended up being a big mistake. What happened? A very itching parting gift was left behind after he left to go stay with other members of our family: bed bugs. In my defense, his staying at my address was not my idea. Why was he at the shelter? Issues with his dad who never should've become a parent in the first place.
Holly,

None of that was aimed at you in a negative way. I agree that the homeless should go to shelters. I'm sorry that your cousin was kicked out of one.

It's none of my business, but I have to wonder if he told you the whole story. I work in public schools with kids who have severe behavior issues. I fear for them as grownups, because they are often at least mildly mentally ill and often cognitively deficit at the same time. Adult prison makes no allowance for either. Be that as it is, I have found that people with emotional disturbance rarely admit to their full extent of their own agency in their life problems.

If I were a wealthy do-gooder, I would build shelters that are safe and secure, but which allow the residents to come and go as they please and consume whatever they please off the premises. They would have a place to eat, sleep, clean themselves and their clothes and get counseling when they choose to.

I understand the altruistic impulse to control people's behavior for their own good, but until they make up their own mind to pull themselves up from rock bottom, no force will change them.

^^^ No offense was ever taken. I just didn't know what part of your message was meant for me with there being other quotes in it. Thank you for what you said.

My cousin's situation was a mixture of both his fault and his dad's fault. His dad never should've been a parent in the first place, but at the end of the day, a person has to learn at some point how to live life and how not to live life meaning that once a person gets to a certain mark in their life, they should know by then what is right and what is not.

Holly

P.S. I don't think that my cousin has ever once suffered from mental illness, but now due to his track record with drugs, HIV now covers a good deal of his plate.

Holly

When one boycotts religious shelters one automatically boycotts the pathology that wants to hide the fact that it panhandled the US government for funding so that it would not have to stand in lines.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Actually, yes there are time limits, and capacity limits as well. And behavior is also restricted, which is why letting lunatics run loose in the streets instead of keeping them in institutions is a super dumbass idea.

Do we want to do that? My libertarian side says no, but my humanitarian side says yes.

Right wingers are hypocrites; they run around babbling about 'free markets n stuff' but then turn around and criminalize poverty crying for cops to 'do something about panhandlers n bums n stuff'. In any case, the Christians do the best they can with limited resources and opposition from both left and right wing nutters doing their best to marginalize anything they do.

No, the lasting answer is to claim your heritage.

’Home ownership is a profoundly American idea.’
(Desmond, Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City)

The future will see people who thought they could not afford a home, afford a home. Though first, certain parameters have to change. A decent start on such a trajectory may very well be the placing of Hodder’s The Domestication of Europe on the reader’s bookshelf. In that volume, the reader will learn about housing, intimately linked to the pathologies of the theologians of the Neolithic.

Maybe they should GET A JOB.
How? With no permanent address what employer would hire an unhoused person? Without a place to shower and launder their clothing what employer is going to hire an unclean person? With no income how does a person living on the street afford the necessities to present themselves, travel to and from a job, etc.?

There are many other problems an unhoused person must overcome to GET A JOB, you lenny are proving your typical trump Nazi ignorance.

Forum List

Back