Liberals in House are backing a bill to cut the work week to four days

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Boy the left in this country just simply do not like to work do they?
They either want the government to send them a paycheck so they can stay home altogether, or they want shit like this that allows them to stay away from work as much as possible.

Progressive House members are rallying behind a push for a four-day work week.

The legislation, spearheaded by Rep. Mark Takano, D-Calif., would shorten the standard US work week from 40 hours to 32 hours by lowering the maximum threshold for overtime pay to kick in for non-exempt employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act.

They either want the government to send them a paycheck so they can stay home altogether, or they want shit like this that allows them to stay away from work as much as possible.

Interesting.. With both husbands and wives working and commuting an hour or two each way a 4 day work week might be good. I mean as long as the work gets done. Might be good for quality of life and families.

I worked a 4-day workweek for a while, and it was great having one extra day off. Four 10-hour days
was no big deal.

More and more companies are offering 4 on - 3 off. And they are attracting workers that actually show up. That being said, why do we need the gooberment to extend their reach? Private demand is getting it done on its own.

I used to work for a boss who stayed to 7:30 PM so everyone stayed til 7:30.. New boss went home at 5 sharp.. so everyone went home at 5.................. and the work got done.

well, Congress figures: We don't work, so why should anyone?

then they go out for lunch and expect ... what? Someone to wait on t hem... someone to cook their food ... someone to serve it..
What if this lunch date is supposed to happen on a day when no one is scheduled to do those things.?

dumb

I used to work for a boss who stayed to 7:30 PM so everyone stayed til 7:30.. New boss went home at 5 sharp.. so everyone went home at 5.................. and the work got done.
I never could get past a three-day work week myself.

I never could get past a three-day work week myself.

Americans work harder for less pay, longer hours, fewer benefits and less vacation time than any other first world country. Its weird.. We don't expect much.

Americans work harder for less pay, longer hours, fewer benefits and less vacation time than any other first world country. Its weird.. We don't expect much.
The reason is that these damn capitalists want too much to exist in the USA.

Forum List

Back