If you could remove or add to the constitution what would it be?

Made it very hard to change it.........why it takes a time of PURE CHAOS to change it.........LIKE FDR and the New Deal................FOREVER CHANGING THE INTENT of our Federal Gov't.............
?? The only Amendments passed during the Depression era were the 20th and 21st:

20thChanges the date on which the terms of the president and vice president and of members of Congress end and begin (to January 20 and January 3 respectively). States that if the president-elect becomes vacant, the vice president-elect is inaugurated as president in their place.
21stRepeals the 18th Amendment and makes it a federal offense to transport or import intoxicating liquors into U.S. states and territories where such transport or importation is prohibited by the laws of those states and territories
See my other post.......Woodrow Wilson did it...........same as handing our currency over to the Bankers..........time of crisis............time of War....................

FDR was Wilson on Steroids......................the NEW DEAL........anything the Gov't wanted to spend on was then legal.......ANYTHING......anybody..............a RECIPE FOR CORRUPTION AND POWER.

Make voting mandatory. Make tampering with the vote a crime equal to treason.
So you want to force us to vote?
Force? What would you force Americans to do if you could rewire American democracy? All I am asking is that Americans participate in their government. It's a small burden that would result in a much better run country. Voting would have to be something like a national holiday where every effort would be made to make voting easy and quick.
I don't think I would go as far as making voting mandatory but I wouldn't mind giving any person time off to vote if they wanted it. I would want voter ID also. Unless you are worried that minorities are too stupid to obtain one or continue to hold onto.
It's certainly doable to make voting mandatory. The American people would have to confront the fact that they are citizens of a nation every couple of years. Making it work is just a matter of organization, technology and a commitment to making America truly great. We deserve a voting system that befits our stature in world, not this special interest corporate crapfest we endure every two years.
So what is your idea? Round everyone up at gunpoint force them into trucks and run them down to the polls?
Maybe if they don't show up to vote don't allow them to have a job?
Or maybe remove them from the country?

You do realize that people tend to be come hard headed when forced to do things they don't want to do? They not only have a bad habit of doing a sloppy job but at times they tend to push back.
Details. Most of the reason people do not vote is that it's often a pain in the ass. If voting was quick and easy and didn't involve a sacrifice in time or money or standing out in the cold there would be no excuse not to vote. Voting could be made to be an opt-out practice where there is no penalty at all for not voting but opting out would be every bit as difficult as voting.
So now your changing your mind from making it mandatory to making it difficult to vote or not vote? How exactly are you going to make it difficult to not vote?
Tax someone for not voting? Who is responsible for the paperwork and the law suits when someone gets taxed because the paperwork is wrong?
Is there another way to make it difficult to not vote say forcing people to give up fulltime employment and go to part Time?

You can’t infringe on the bill of rights,
Where does it say that?
in the bill of rights,,,my god youre an idiot,,,
Quote it, please. What I found in the Constitution is this:
Article V.

AMENDING THE CONSTITUTION

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of it's equal Suffrage in the Senate.
Made it very hard to change it.........why it takes a time of PURE CHAOS to change it.........LIKE FDR and the New Deal................FOREVER CHANGING THE INTENT of our Federal Gov't.............

Wasn't meant to be.............but under the duress of the Great Depression..........desperate people do STUPID THINGS.......like GIVE GOV'T TOO MUCH POWER..........which was a massive mistake.......which led us to the stupidity of today.

FISA courts were created out of CHAOS............911.............and the gov't given power abused the living hell out of it............

Now.........Covid nonsense.........they try the same thing.............1st stimulus to SAVE US ALL.........LOL.....was to give them a raise when none of them ever lost a job.

TYPICAL.........of the corrupt gov't we now have.
I don't disagree with your points; I was just trying to school Jitts. Despite it being difficult (which, yes, was intentional) it has been accomplished 27 times. As to your points, I wonder if a Constitutional Amendment could be written with a Sunset Clause if it is written to overcome a temporary crisis? I don't see any reason why it couldn't be.
So emotional
Yeah, that's really worked up.
YOU CAN CHANGE THE BILL OF RIGHTS. Quiz tomorrow. Remember it.
Im all for making you lefty woman feel important lol

Why bother? It clearly means nothing today.
It mean something to me I love the constitution!
Okay, but it is a dead letter. Our corrupt government through it away long ago.
Well I’m holding them accountable! Join the revolution! Do you have a fire arm?
Good for you. I have lots of firearms.
Good can I borrow some
No

The proposed 28th amendment should be made a part of the US Constitution.

Namely:

1) Congress can pass no law that does not apply to them, nor can they pass any law that applies only to them.

2) Congressional pay increases (including any monetary perks) must be passed by a popular vote. They can't vote on their own raises.

3) Balance the budget. Unless we are in a declared war, the budget must be balanced every year. And in wartime, any budgetary overages would apply strictly to wartime needs.

4) Term limits for every national level elected official.

5) Enact the Fair Tax Act.

6) Corporations are not people.

7) Lobbying will be treated as bribery.
I have a question for you on number three.
What do we cut to balance the budget?
Do we cut all welfare? Do we cut social security and Medicare?
Do we shut down all military bases out of the country thereby creating widespread unemployment here and abroad?

Our military budget is bloated. We could cut it by 1/3 and still be spending far more than any other nation.
And where would you make those cuts?

I would let the military decide. I would not cut the pay, benefits, or retirement of members of the military or veterans. But the spending must be reigned in.

Do a quick bit of research on the number of super carriers in the world.
Why not have the same benefits as a soldiers did the revolutionary war?

During the revolutionary war, many soldiers were not even paid.

Most soldiers were farmers. That is not the case now. Why do you defend the military's bloated budget, but want the actual soldiers & sailors to have their pay and benefits cut?
Fallacies,, name a solider not paid...

Yes the benefit is pride, I used to work with a Latino that said fuck the USA I only fought to get benefits.. shit pay for my education..

That shit needs to end along time ago. These Latino roaches sucking on my American tit.

the benefit is experience in job training... the colleges should give free rides. Politicians use benefits for votes you know this. Stop the crap.. look at Golfing Gator he maid a living off of the military welfare system.

They are already trying to live on substandard wages. Whether they joined to get the benefits or out of a sense of patriotism does not matter. They joined and they served.

Our military forces are increasingly high tech. You want to attract brighter soldiers, leave the pay and benefits alone, at least.
No I won’t,, don’t serve die off . Idk ppl that think like you need to be confronted .. anti Americans

What is more anti-American than wanting to cut pay and benefits for our soldiers?
Joining the military to use us for benefits, sicko

People have been joining the military because of the benefits for decades. It is how the military recruits new soldiers.

And regardless of WHY they join, they are still signing a check for up to and including their lives.
You think that a good thing? Ppl join for benefits? I’d rather die then pay to see people wearing the uniform with there pants hanging down disrespeting our country, then I have to pay for them to go to school ?

When have you EVER seen anyone in uniform wearing their pants hanging down? Shall I answer for you? Never.

Those people who join for the benefits (like training, college funds ect) are treated exactly the same as those who joined out of patriotism. They are no less willing to die for their country than anyone else who joined.

Namely:

1) Congress can pass no law that does not apply to them, nor can they pass any law that applies only to them.

2) Congressional pay increases (including any monetary perks) must be passed by a popular vote. They can't vote on their own raises.

3) Balance the budget. Unless we are in a declared war, the budget must be balanced every year. And in wartime, any budgetary overages would apply strictly to wartime needs.

Do we shut down all military bases out of the country thereby creating widespread unemployment here and abroad?

Our military budget is bloated. We could cut it by 1/3 and still be spending far more than any other nation.
But what exactly do you want to cut? Bases overseas? Bases here at home? Jets, tanks? Military payroll? Maintenance on nuclear weapons?

Even if we cut the military by a third that will still only drop our defe it not balance the budget.

Cut the bloat. The military can do that. But only if they are forced. Perhaps cut Halliburton's mess halls, forced laundry, ect ect.

?? The only Amendments passed during the Depression era were the 20th and 21st:

20thChanges the date on which the terms of the president and vice president and of members of Congress end and begin (to January 20 and January 3 respectively). States that if the president-elect becomes vacant, the vice president-elect is inaugurated as president in their place.
21stRepeals the 18th Amendment and makes it a federal offense to transport or import intoxicating liquors into U.S. states and territories where such transport or importation is prohibited by the laws of those states and territories
See my other post.......Woodrow Wilson did it...........same as handing our currency over to the Bankers..........time of crisis............time of War....................

FDR was Wilson on Steroids......................the NEW DEAL........anything the Gov't wanted to spend on was then legal.......ANYTHING......anybody..............a RECIPE FOR CORRUPTION AND POWER.
Okay, but it didn't have anything to do with the Constitution. Don't move the goal posts.

Namely:

I would let the military decide. I would not cut the pay, benefits, or retirement of members of the military or veterans. But the spending must be reigned in.

Most soldiers were farmers. That is not the case now. Why do you defend the military's bloated budget, but want the actual soldiers & sailors to have their pay and benefits cut?

Yes the benefit is pride, I used to work with a Latino that said fuck the USA I only fought to get benefits.. shit pay for my education..

That shit needs to end along time ago. These Latino roaches sucking on my American tit.

the benefit is experience in job training... the colleges should give free rides. Politicians use benefits for votes you know this. Stop the crap.. look at Golfing Gator he maid a living off of the military welfare system.

They are already trying to live on substandard wages. Whether they joined to get the benefits or out of a sense of patriotism does not matter. They joined and they served.

Our military forces are increasingly high tech. You want to attract brighter soldiers, leave the pay and benefits alone, at least.
No I won’t,, don’t serve die off . Idk ppl that think like you need to be confronted .. anti Americans

What is more anti-American than wanting to cut pay and benefits for our soldiers?

People have been joining the military because of the benefits for decades. It is how the military recruits new soldiers.

And regardless of WHY they join, they are still signing a check for up to and including their lives.
You think that a good thing? Ppl join for benefits? I’d rather die then pay to see people wearing the uniform with there pants hanging down disrespeting our country, then I have to pay for them to go to school ?

When have you EVER seen anyone in uniform wearing their pants hanging down? Shall I answer for you? Never.

Those people who join for the benefits (like training, college funds ect) are treated exactly the same as those who joined out of patriotism. They are no less willing to die for their country than anyone else who joined.
when I was Working inside the train station and the Navy would come to Boston you would see all the black segregated in a group and they would be wearing baggy clothes with your pants hanging down and it was a Navy uniform and it was absolutely fucking disgusting

Interesting to see what you all
Would do if you had the votes
I would take the first 10 amendments and keep them, everyone after that needs to go. Since our country is established, we dont need Congressmen and Senators living off the public dole.

We also dont need the 14th amendment that allows any non US citizen to drop an Anchor in the US for that Anchor to be a US citizen as we no longer have any forced slave to live in the US.

No longer do we need the one that allows Congress to be above the law but most be held to the same standards as every citizen so if Congress does insider trading they end up going to Jail like Martha Stewart.
So you're OK with slavery and women being denied the vote?
Bwaaaahhhaaaaa. Just said that we dont import slaves anymore, and women shouldnt be allowed to vote especially when they vote for the very people who dont give a damn about them and abuse the women, like Joe the groper of women and children. That was the only thing i agree with the Demoncraps of the 1920s. Women vote not with their brains, but with their fears...
If you abolish all amendments after the 10th then you are once again making slavery legal

And don't be so naive as to think people aren't trafficked to the US

And judging by your post I can tell you that all the women I know are smarter than you.

Namely:

when I was Working inside the train station and the Navy would come to Boston you would see all the black segregated in a group and they would be wearing baggy clothes with your pants hanging down and it was a Navy uniform and it was absolutely fucking disgusting

Bullshit. They may have been wearing surplus military uniforms. But not any dress uniform with their pants hanging down.

Namely:

But what exactly do you want to cut? Bases overseas? Bases here at home? Jets, tanks? Military payroll? Maintenance on nuclear weapons?

Even if we cut the military by a third that will still only drop our defe it not balance the budget.

Cut the bloat. The military can do that. But only if they are forced. Perhaps cut Halliburton's mess halls, forced laundry, ect ect.
So you really have no idea how you want to cut it you are just parroting things. Got it. If you cut outside contractors then you have to hire for those positions or due without. Are you suggesting that the military does without a mess or laundry or that we hire cooks servers and procurement officers? That we hire laundry help? I don't think that it would save the money you think it would since private companies are usually much more cost effective then government.

Namely:

Obama tried. Do you remember the spots on the national news about how they couldn't afford to buy new jets? Were keeping jets so old in the air that they had to get parts from museums?

The military is apparently not very good at deciding how to spend its money. I have never heard of a layoff. Base closures, yes, and I'm sure that has saved some bucks, but I have never heard of the military doing anything to actually downsize. If this coming Depression happens, more people will be turning to the military for a job. Do you think the recruiters will ever say "Sorry, we're full up, try again next year?" That'll be the day.

Namely:

Bullshit. They may have been wearing surplus military uniforms. But not any dress uniform with their pants hanging down.
I know what I saw.. I see it all the time.. open your eyes

Namely:

So you really have no idea how you want to cut it you are just parroting things. Got it. If you cut outside contractors then you have to hire for those positions or due without. Are you suggesting that the military does without a mess or laundry or that we hire cooks servers and procurement officers? That we hire laundry help? I don't think that it would save the money you think it would since private companies are usually much more cost effective then government.

The military already pays cooks. They already maintain mobile kitchens. You think a private company cook works for what the soldiers are paid?

Forum List

Back