If you are human, you are not capable of understanding God.

Good man. The Chinese laughingly rejecting India's Buddhist celibacy.. hilarious!

Last edited:
... sort of wish you had answered the question, is omnipotence greater than purity.
I don't know, but would theorize that they are indistinguishable, inseparable characteristics exclusive to godhood.

I make no judgements concerning the concept of messiahs or other religious traditions.

~ An addendum to the commonality of the various concepts of gods that I referenced, Buddhism recognizes gods that are are limited, fallible, and mortal. Devas, Yakshas, and Asuras are not conventional gods who are infallible, omnipotent, and eternal. They reflect the imperfection and impermanence of everything.
- is omnipotence greater than purity.
I don't know, but would theorize that they are indistinguishable, inseparable characteristics exclusive to godhood.
if that is to say there is a path to godliness for all beings then there is agreement for that subject. they being the same in caliber if not content.
I make no judgements concerning the concept of messiahs or other religious traditions.
how can that be - what standard allows for your discussion - would secular make a difference, certainly the religion of antiquity could be construed as secular as the goal is a birthright for all who chose to make the attempt. to free their spirit to become godly. no strings attached.

I would rule that cop innocent. Not because he is, he's not, but because of BLM rioting and burning the town down. Fuck them. Due process should be paramont and since they want to force our hand we should let him go free as punishment for their rioting.

Does God exist?

Yes and no.

God is not constrained by existence one way or the other.

No one can impose existence upon God, or deprive God of it.

God is none, or one, or many.

Or all simultaneously.

Or not.

That is what it means to be God.

If you insist God exists, God does not exist.

If you insist God does not exist, God exists.

God does that to remind you that you are not God.

It takes one to know one.

It's way above your pay grade.

"DO I BELIEVE HUMANS EXIST?
WHAT ARE THEY FOR?"

If as your title suggests, "
If you are human, you are not capable of understanding God
"

How is it that you have come to this understanding of God? Can you back up your claims with the Bible? Are you human?

John 17:3
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Last edited:

How is it that you have come to this understanding of God? Can you back up your claims with the Bible? Are you human?
Of all the religious traditions, your concept of god may derive from a particular book that you enjoy, and you may claim to fully comprehend your favorite god by reading it.

If that works for you, go with it.

I recognize that god, omniscient, omnipotent and eternal by definition, is far beyond my humble understanding and capacity to impose my limited conceptualization upon.

Of all the religious traditions, your concept of god may derive from a particular book that you enjoy, and you may claim to fully comprehend your favorite god by reading it.

I recognize that god, omniscient, omnipotent and eternal by definition, is far beyond my humble understanding and capacity to impose my limited conceptualization upon.
Can we deeply and truly understand everything there is about a mountain? Or outer space? No. But we can understand a great deal, and it is well worth our time to get to know mountains, space, and God to our capacity.

Most Americans, even though they don't realize it, base their conception of a supreme being on the Bible in some measure, I think. And three principle disciplines derive from the Scriptures: theology, or matters of God; eschatology, or matters of last things; and soteriology, or matters of resurrection (or salvation).

Theology is a never-ending discipline; mankind, as he is, may glean from the Scriptures some attributes of God as He interacts with man, but will never fully comprehend Him. Eschatology is a matter of debate and contemplation to be hashed out almost exclusively within orthodox and fundamentalist camps. Preterists comprehend eschatology and have moved on to soteriology; their pleasure and occupation is to wrest meaning from the underlying and more subtle implications of the kingdom message.

But even a comprehensive snapshot of the Bible cannot lend to a comprehensive knowledge of an eternal God.

The only gods graspable to the human mind were the gods of antiquity that have since occupied only the pages of history.

Does God exist?

Yes and no.

Or all simultaneously.

Or not.

WHAT ARE THEY FOR?"
Maimonides responds...

"If you remove all anthropomorphic content from your conception of God: you remove all content of any kind. In the end, you are left with a God whose essence is unknowable and indescribable. Of what possible value is such a conception either to philosophy or religion?..."

Maimonides (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

poor maimo

Does God exist?

Yes and no.

Or all simultaneously.

Or not.

WHAT ARE THEY FOR?"
Does God exist?

Yes and no.

Or all simultaneously.

Or not.

WHAT ARE THEY FOR?"
there's no yes and no about it--no one can prove he exists = no god...and, please, don't anyone say that stupid shit ''you can't prove he doesn't exist'''

I say we have a showdown like Elijah did against the prophets of Ba’al.

People who believe in humankind on one side and those who believe in God on the other side. Put two alters up with a lamb. Then ask a group of humans to consume the sacrifice and then have the other side ask God to consume the sacrifice.

Then we will know once and for all. Do humans exist or does God exist? We can’t have it both ways.
there's no showdown --no proof-no god
The proof is all around you, dum dum. Just because you can't discern it doesn't mean it's not there.
we've been over this a million times and a million times you just babble like your post here = no proof
..stop the double talk babble--we are not stupid
uh huh....

The universe pops into existence being hard wired to produce intelligence and you don't even pause to wonder why?

If electrons orbited closer to the nucleus the universe could have been created the exact same way but there would be no possibility for life or intelligence to emerge.

If electrons and protons did not have the exact opposite charge the universe could have been created the exact same way but there would be no possibility for life or intelligence to emerge.

Like I said... The proof is all around you, dum dum. Just because you can't discern it doesn't mean it's not there.

the development of INTELLIGENCE is "HAPPENS" as a matter of survival advantage in organisms------other than DINGBAT from Saint Darwin

Does God exist?

Yes and no.

Or all simultaneously.

Or not.

WHAT ARE THEY FOR?"
TOTAL COP OUT ALERT!!!

is that your definition, or that of forgeries and fallacies you are facilitating.

Most Americans, even though they don't realize it, base their conception of a supreme being on the Bible in some measure, I think. And three principle disciplines derive from the Scriptures: theology, or matters of God; eschatology, or matters of last things; and soteriology, or matters of resurrection (or salvation).

Theology is a never-ending discipline; mankind, as he is, may glean from the Scriptures some attributes of God as He interacts with man, but will never fully comprehend Him. Eschatology is a matter of debate and contemplation to be hashed out almost exclusively within orthodox and fundamentalist camps. Preterists comprehend eschatology and have moved on to soteriology; their pleasure and occupation is to wrest meaning from the underlying and more subtle implications of the kingdom message.

But even a comprehensive snapshot of the Bible cannot lend to a comprehensive knowledge of an eternal God.

The only gods graspable to the human mind were the gods of antiquity that have since occupied only the pages of history.
Most Americans, even though they don't realize it, base their conception of a supreme being on the Bible in some measure, I think.
it is their aversion for what truly is written in the christian bible and its history is why they do not read it, the forgeries and fallacies that are endeared to those that do - it is purely as written a political document - for the crucifiers.

that could not be further from the truth the knowledge of the Everlasting is a birthright and knowledgeable for the pure of heart. void of corruption, forgeries and fallacies.

I would rule that cop innocent. Not because he is, he's not, but because of BLM rioting and burning the town down. Fuck them. Due process should be paramont and since they want to force our hand we should let him go free as punishment for their rioting.

I would rule that cop INNOCENT---because he is. The only reason he is being prosecuted is because the dead man is a "person of color" (whatevah that means) Were he a "white man" (whatevah that means)---the incident would not have made news

Gnostics considered the principal element of salvation to be direct knowledge of the supreme divinity in the form of mystical or esoteric insight. Many Gnostic texts deal not in concepts of sin and repentance, but with illusion and enlightenment.
Then again,

with the help of mushrooms

I would rule that cop INNOCENT---because he is. The only reason he is being prosecuted is because the dead man is a "person of color" (whatevah that means) Were he a "white man" (whatevah that means)---the incident would not have made news
wrong thread, speaking of crucifiers - sure, it was his heart, the spear and nails had no effect.

Does God exist?

Yes and no.

Or all simultaneously.

Or not.

WHAT ARE THEY FOR?"
Does God exist?

Yes and no.

Or all simultaneously.

Or not.

WHAT ARE THEY FOR?"
there's no yes and no about it--no one can prove he exists = no god...and, please, don't anyone say that stupid shit ''you can't prove he doesn't exist'''

I say we have a showdown like Elijah did against the prophets of Ba’al.

People who believe in humankind on one side and those who believe in God on the other side. Put two alters up with a lamb. Then ask a group of humans to consume the sacrifice and then have the other side ask God to consume the sacrifice.

Then we will know once and for all. Do humans exist or does God exist? We can’t have it both ways.
there's no showdown --no proof-no god
The proof is all around you, dum dum. Just because you can't discern it doesn't mean it's not there.
we've been over this a million times and a million times you just babble like your post here = no proof
..stop the double talk babble--we are not stupid
uh huh....

The universe pops into existence being hard wired to produce intelligence and you don't even pause to wonder why?

If electrons orbited closer to the nucleus the universe could have been created the exact same way but there would be no possibility for life or intelligence to emerge.

If electrons and protons did not have the exact opposite charge the universe could have been created the exact same way but there would be no possibility for life or intelligence to emerge.

Like I said... The proof is all around you, dum dum. Just because you can't discern it doesn't mean it's not there.

the development of INTELLIGENCE is "HAPPENS" as a matter of survival advantage in organisms------other than DINGBAT from Saint Darwin
No. It is literally written into the fabric of existence.

is that your definition, or that of forgeries and fallacies you are facilitating.
It is the generally-accepted definition of a god as a supreme entity, with no recourse to sectarian niceties.

My acknowledging my inability to comprehend or tell a god what a god must be is an implicit acknowledgement that I am not one.

I cannot dictate to a god regarding a god's existence. A god can exist as none, as one, as many, or as all of those, and can do so simultaneously.

For a god, all things are possible, and that necessarily includes what is beyond human comprehension.

Forum List

Back