If This Happens To You Take Advantage Of It!

jackflash

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2020
USA
If you are fortunate enough to be living in the suburbs & are attracted to what you see in the shorts below be 'prepared' for that little visitor @ the door! If you are residing upon tillable acreage you already have them on property. Have goats milk formula on hand along with a baby bottle with nipple. A latex glove with several needle punctures in the tip of the little finger sleeve(I've used them on kid/baby goats) will suffice for tiny mouths. Be aware that momma is usually close by(if she is not already a road kill) her little one(s) & some mommas can become quite aggressive(see vid below) if she senses danger to her little one(s). The best move is a feed manger or just several synthetic or galvanized tubs(oval shaped is the best). If you can pull in the herd to a prepared feeding station one will automatically have access to those ultra precious fawns! Melons(watermelon, honey dew, cantaloupe) & assorted fruits/vegetables like apples/pears/grapes/carrots & strawberries will pull them in like steel shavings to a magnet. A mineral salt lick(apple scented) is a BIG plus as are shelled peanuts & mixed nuts($pendy).

A sprinkling of 'feed' oats per feed tub really helps but don't overdo the oats as deer will gorge themselves on oats. I avoid both barley & wheat & ESPECIALLY CORN for deer feed as a bloated deer corpse really ruins the show.

Below; Black-Tailed fawns(most popular deer breed for pets).

The young fawns are really innocent/gullible & soak up affection like a sponge soaks up water. The fawn below has already adopted this logger in a few scant moments illustrating just ONE reason WHY people get strung out on them like a person strung out on heroin.

The below vid illustrates what I said above about the mommas being VERY protective of their fawns. I am not sure of what breed this doe is but for sure she is a YOUNG mama. She has the characteristic ridgeback stripe down her neck & back like a Columbian Black-Tailed deer features plus the brown 'hat' upon her forehead & her small size mimics a Black-Tailed deer or more likely the size of the Sitka deer breed, but she is definitely not a Black-Tailed deer for sure. The two kind hearted gentlemen deserve kudos for a rescue well done!

Unless this is a strict & very large area no hunting zone, this isn't a good idea. Even then it has drawbacks.
Conditioning these animals to look to people for food & even trust them is a very bad idea when you have hunters around.
You are just serving them on a platter to many who have no problem baiting their kill before bragging about what a great hunter they are.

Unless this is a strict & very large area no hunting zone, this isn't a good idea. Even then it has drawbacks.
Conditioning these animals to look to people for food & even trust them is a very bad idea when you have hunters around.
You are just serving them on a platter to many who have no problem baiting their kill before bragging about what a great hunter they are.
Anti-hunter much?

If you are fortunate enough to be living in the suburbs & are attracted to what you see in the shorts below be 'prepared' for that little visitor @ the door! If you are residing upon tillable acreage you already have them on property. Have goats milk formula on hand along with a baby bottle with nipple. A latex glove with several needle punctures in the tip of the little finger sleeve(I've used them on kid/baby goats) will suffice for tiny mouths. Be aware that momma is usually close by(if she is not already a road kill) her little one(s) & some mommas can become quite aggressive(see vid below) if she senses danger to her little one(s). The best move is a feed manger or just several synthetic or galvanized tubs(oval shaped is the best). If you can pull in the herd to a prepared feeding station one will automatically have access to those ultra precious fawns! Melons(watermelon, honey dew, cantaloupe) & assorted fruits/vegetables like apples/pears/grapes/carrots & strawberries will pull them in like steel shavings to a magnet. A mineral salt lick(apple scented) is a BIG plus as are shelled peanuts & mixed nuts($pendy).

A sprinkling of 'feed' oats per feed tub really helps but don't overdo the oats as deer will gorge themselves on oats. I avoid both barley & wheat & ESPECIALLY CORN for deer feed as a bloated deer corpse really ruins the show.

The young fawns are really innocent/gullible & soak up affection like a sponge soaks up water. The fawn below has already adopted this logger in a few scant moments illustrating just ONE reason WHY people get strung out on them like a person strung out on heroin.

The below vid illustrates what I said above about the mommas being VERY protective of their fawns. I am not sure of what breed this doe is but for sure she is a YOUNG mama. She has the characteristic ridgeback stripe down her neck & back like a Columbian Black-Tailed deer features plus the brown 'hat' upon her forehead & her small size mimics a Black-Tailed deer or more likely the size of the Sitka deer breed, but she is definitely not a Black-Tailed deer for sure. The two kind hearted gentlemen deserve kudos for a rescue well done!

I shoot them and stick them in my freezer.

It was so thrilling to watch my resident pregnant black tail who had been coming for the apples I put out for about a year. I wondered why she was taking so long to drop and then one day, before I had had a chance to realize I hadn't seen her, she showed up with twins!

DSCF4263.JPG

It was so thrilling to watch my resident pregnant black tail who had been coming for the apples I put out for about a year. I wondered why she was taking so long to drop and then one day, before I had had a chance to realize I hadn't seen her, she showed up with twins!

View attachment 730771
I'm looking at around 20,000 deer ticks, some of which fall off all over the place. You need some rubber bullets.

View attachment 730771
Boy oh boy does that pic bring back some strong memories for me! Those elegantly 'sculptured' faces, Mulie sized ears(cute), small physical size & gentle nature make these Black-Tailed deer the way to go for both an indoor/outdoor farm pet. I found a Roe deer doe online that has a really unique facial shape. This doe has White-Tailed sized/shaped ears & a wide face with short muzzle. Her eyes are somewhat almond/Oriental shaped which gives her a unique look(beautiful face!). Freeze the vid @ 15 seconds to see what I mean. The second vid is of a guy I have been following for a long time. He started off throwing a few peanuts to a Black-Tailed buck or two & ended up with what you see in the vid. This is EXACTLY what I have been trying to explain to people what happened to us down in Redland Oregon. The difference was our Black-Tailed herd came pre-domesticated from the farmer who sold the farm to my sis & her husband. We thought we were three little Noah's at first until we got to know our nearest neighbor which told us the fact of the matter which deflated our egos considerable. Black-Tailed deer, to know them is to love them!

In the 2nd short vid below the vid above is a White-Tailed buck trotting around in a tight left circle. On closer inspection it's not so funny as I noticed a white glare from what appears to be a damaged/blind(?) left eye. Unfortunately this buck may have to be put down, sad to say.

Not all indoor/outdoor domesticated deer are Black-Tailed deer, as Faline the Mule doe attests too...

I thought the kids artwork on the left side of the room of feet with antlers & eyes was super precious! I am sure that their entire family will never forget Faline & will be looking to Maker for not just justice(I am too) but to be reunited with Faline for eternity.

Boy oh boy does that pic bring back some strong memories for me! Those elegantly 'sculptured' faces, Mulie sized ears(cute), small physical size & gentle nature make these Black-Tailed deer the way to go for both an indoor/outdoor farm pet. I found a Roe deer doe online that has a really unique facial shape. This doe has White-Tailed sized/shaped ears & a wide face with short muzzle. Her eyes are somewhat almond/Oriental shaped which gives her a unique look(beautiful face!). Freeze the vid @ 15 seconds to see what I mean. The second vid is of a guy I have been following for a long time. He started off throwing a few peanuts to a Black-Tailed buck or two & ended up with what you see in the vid. This is EXACTLY what I have been trying to explain to people what happened to us down in Redland Oregon. The difference was our Black-Tailed herd came pre-domesticated from the farmer who sold the farm to my sis & her husband. We thought we were three little Noah's at first until we got to know our nearest neighbor which told us the fact of the matter which deflated our egos considerable. Black-Tailed deer, to know them is to love them!

In the 2nd short vid below the vid above is a White-Tailed buck trotting around in a tight left circle. On closer inspection it's not so funny as I noticed a white glare from what appears to be a damaged/blind(?) left eye. Unfortunately this buck may have to be put down, sad to say.

Not all indoor/outdoor domesticated deer are Black-Tailed deer, as Faline the Mule doe attests too...

I thought the kids artwork on the left side of the room of feet with antlers & eyes was super precious! I am sure that their entire family will never forget Faline & will be looking to Maker for not just justice(I am too) but to be reunited with Faline for eternity.

That facial shape is definitely different! It would take me a while to get used to it.

I couldn't find the video of the possibly unilaterally blind deer. Sorry.

Thanks for all the photos! Looks like a wonderful time!

Forum List

Back