If the Constitution was written today...what would be different?

That depends on who is doing to writing.

Conservatives would resurrect the Articles of Confederation – states’ rights would be guaranteed, not individual rights.

Liberals would establish a democracy, eliminate anachronisms such as the EC and the Senate, and make the supremacy of the Constitution crystal clear and beyond dispute – the Bill of Rights in particular.
Liberals would adopt the Soviet Constitution. We would all be living in Gulags now.

The Constitution, if not written yesterday, could not be written today.

There are no intellects of equal caliber and education as of our founding fathers.

Equal Justice Under the Law is a pretty big thing:
View attachment 591527Its on the facade of the Supreme Court.

Lets say Person A and Person B rob a bank and are tried and convicted at the same trial. If connected Person A and non-connected person B commit the same crime, are convicted, and are sentenced to prison... and Person A gets a pardon because he's connected....is Person B getting equal justice? Not even close.

Pardons will still be available but they just won't be dangled as a form of political payback. They would actually do what they are meant to do...correct injustices.
When have Dims ever supported equal justice under law?

There would not be a Revolution.

Remember History.

Who were primarily The Loyalists? The South Slave States.

Those people, (plantation owners) did not want The Revolution and did not participate in it.

Some of their more independent minded neighbors did, mostly industrialists, or the common man, but the core of The Democrat Party refused to participate in The Revolution.

The Dem Party Roots are in The Loyalists. After The Revolution they then became The Democrat Party of Slavery who then ceded from the Union. The Democrat Party were The Redcoats turning on The Colonists, and the People who helped The Crown and The British Army. They then were Johnny Reb.

When it comes to Individual Liberty and Freedoms, you can always count on the Dems to be on the side of Oppression and Tyranny.

Not really true.
The south was one of the main proponents of the war, because they were being ripped off by the British and wanted to do commerce with other nations instead.
They just had fewer people, so there was less fighting in the south.
The % of people New England who supported the rebellion really was only about 30%.
The democratic party did not exist until after the revolution was over.

{...
Democratic Party officials often trace its origins to the Democratic-Republican Party, founded by Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and other influential opponents of the Federalists in 1792. That party also inspired the Whigs and modern Republicans. Organizationally, the modern Democratic Party truly arose in the 1830s with the election of Andrew Jackson.
...}

The parties before the revolution were whigs and tories.

Absentee would still be in place, but you must go to where you get the ballot and show picture Id and have a valid reason. None of this mass mailing bullshit.

I agree with that (profanity not withstanding)...you should have to show valid picture ID when you register to vote.

There is nothing wrong with mail-in voting as the states of Utah, Oregon, Hawaii, Washington, Colorado etc... have proven.

This one is sure to fire up some folks...Consider the following:
The Constitution was written in 1787 when the countries total population was just shy of 4 million, 3 million of which were Caucasian.
Considering the makeup of today's U.S. Citizen and the dynamics of the world how different would it have been written?
Don't be scared to engage in this one.
10,000 pages plus amendments.

Absentee would still be in place, but you must go to where you get the ballot and show picture Id and have a valid reason. None of this mass mailing bullshit.

When I lived in Portland OR, all voting was done by mail.
It worked great because the Post Office was verifying address.
The only thing that could possibly have been a problem is if one home member put undue pressure or influence on the votes of other household members?

Your idea that the people wanting an absentee ballot would have to go to the polling place, makes no sense because the polling places are not set up until it is time to vote.
And those anticipating absentee voting would need to do that way ahead of time, because they know they won't be around during the time when the polling places are set up and open.
Nor does there need to be a reason.
That is private.
If I want to work overtime on election day, that is my business only.

I agree with that (profanity not withstanding)...you should have to show valid picture ID when you register to vote.

There is nothing wrong with mail-in voting as the states of Utah, Oregon, Hawaii, Washington, Colorado etc... have proven.
We really wouldn’t know unless a true audit is conducted automatically after each election…But, ID, Not just when registering, but at the poll…

We really wouldn’t know unless a true audit is conducted automatically after each election…But, ID, Not just when registering, but at the poll…

Once you registered, you are issued a voter ID card that is better than any other ID because it has all the data encoded into its barcode.
Your address is also verified by it since the post office delivers it.
So there is no need for anything other than the voter registration card when you actually vote, at the poll or by mail.

When I lived in Portland OR, all voting was done by mail.
It worked great because the Post Office was verifying address.
The only thing that could possibly have been a problem is if one home member put undue pressure or influence on the votes of other household members?

Your idea that the people wanting an absentee ballot would have to go to the polling place, makes no sense because the polling places are not set up until it is time to vote.
And those anticipating absentee voting would need to do that way ahead of time, because they know they won't be around during the time when the polling places are set up and open.
Nor does there need to be a reason.
That is private.
If I want to work overtime on election day, that is my business only.
No, if you read the posts, I said voting day would be moved to the first Saturday after April 15….So, work all the overtime you want….like it or not currently 19 states require a reason to vote absentee….https://www.usa.gov/absentee-voting

And you go to your local SoS ahead of the vote, not your polling place.

No, if you read the posts, I said voting day would be moved to the first Saturday after April 15….So, work all the overtime you want….like it or not currently 19 states require a reason to vote absentee….https://www.usa.gov/absentee-voting

And you go to your local SoS ahead of the vote, not your polling place.

Lots of people work on Saturdays.
Whether or not 19 states require a reason to vote absentee, does not make it a good idea.
If voting was by mail, it would be easier, and that would be a good thing.

Lots of people work on Saturdays.
Whether or not 19 states require a reason to vote absentee, does not make it a good idea.
If voting was by mail, it would be easier, and that would be a good thing.
Easier to cheat….We’ve learned that lesson…

Easier to cheat….We’ve learned that lesson…

Not so.
Ballots by mail require the same ID for initial registration, plus have the additional post office address verification each time a ballot is sent out.
Vote by mail has much LESS voter fraud, not more.
It is easy to make a fake ID, but it is much harder to make a fake address.

Forum List

Back