If the Constitution was written today...what would be different?

:thankusmile:

Two things you need today that you didn't need in 1781....

A director of security for your campaign so the other side doesn't hack your e-mails and a team of lawyers to identify the loopholes in the Constitution.

I wouldn't say "radical overhaul"....I'd say that we need to give a voice where it is silent to prevent the loopholes from being so easily exploited. For example, Pelosi didn't have to send the articles of impeachment to the Senate immediately. She could have, theoretically waited until after an election to see if there would have been a more favorable Senate.

If you had the basic common sense to understand that any attempt for you to Monday Morning Quarterback a solution ...
To a problem that only exists because people like you try to grant the Federal Government power
the Founding Father's never even suggested it should have ... Then it's possible you might be able to come up with something worth discussing.

I certainly don't need Speaker Pelosi to protect my email account ...
In fact, it's none of her fucking business ... :thup:

The Constitution was written during the period of European Enlightenment which is reflected throughout the document. In the context within today’s secular environment such a blueprint for the establishment of a government of the people for the people would never stand a chance of being written or approved. In short a very special time and set of circumstances provided the fertile soil for the birth of a nation based on humanistic and deep religious fundamental beliefs.

Led by the constitution, the greatest most powerful nation the world has ever know was built in a very short 150 years, America has continued to lead the world in all facets…what makes you think the constitution has ‘timed-out’?
Because brilliant white guys framed/constructed it? Because some purple-haired chicks with dicks don’t like it? Because illegal aliens and foreigners are offended by it?
Thank you for confirming that some are definitely stuck in the dark ages with that rhetoric.

For a start, you guys have argued over the 2nd amendment wording all your life. And you're still doing it.

Get up to date, you're not on a horse and wagon clutching a musket anymore.

If you had the basic common sense to understand that any attempt for you to Monday Morning Quarterback a solution ...
To a problem that only exists because people like you try to grant the Federal Government power
the Founding Father's never even suggested it should have ... Then it's possible you might be able to come up with something worth discussing.

I certainly don't need Speaker Pelosi to protect my email account ...
In fact, it's none of her fucking business ... :thup:

Again...there are remedial English courses that can teach you how to read/comprehend what you read. You should buy about a dozen of them..

The Constitution was written during the period of European Enlightenment which is reflected throughout the document. In the context within today’s secular environment such a blueprint for the establishment of a government of the people for the people would never stand a chance of being written or approved. In short a very special time and set of circumstances provided the fertile soil for the birth of a nation based on humanistic and deep religious fundamental beliefs.

Could you imagine the America we’d have if the Constitution was influenced and framed by/for the ‘Americans’ that make up Los Angeles, New York and all blue shitholes?

Thank you for confirming that some are definitely stuck in the dark ages with that rhetoric.

For a start, you guys have argued over the 2nd amendment wording all your life. And you're still doing it.

People that actually have trouble understanding the US Constitution ...
Are the people that desperately want it say or mean something it doesn't ... :thup:

You can’t be specific can you? Is it because you’re embarrassed and don’t want to expose your position based strictly on the FEELZ?
Tell us, what indicators are there that make you believe the U.S. Constitution has timed out?

Again...there are remedial English courses that can teach you how to read/comprehend what you read. You should buy about a dozen of them..

And again ... You really suck at sales.
I called you an ignorant fuck and somehow you got the idea I might value your opinion on anything.

It's really not me that needs to learn what words mean ... :thup:

If I had a hand in writing the Constitution today I would insert that we are a Christian Nation founded by Christians yet equally tolerant and welcoming of non-Christians AND THEN go into the part about no state religion.

I think the framers made a big mistake leaving this part out. Non-Christians today living in the US don’t appreciate the Judeo-Christian ethics as the basis for the US. If not the Christians, who else establishes the US and why and how would it be better?

If I had a hand in writing the Constitution today I would insert that we are a Christian Nation founded by Christians yet equally tolerant and welcoming of non-Christians AND THEN go into the part about no state religion.

I think the framers made a big mistake leaving this part out. Non-Christians today living in the US don’t appreciate the Judeo-Christian ethics as the basis for the US. If not the Christians, who else establishes the US and why and how would it be better?
Shit, knowing what I know today…I would have written it from a far more authoritarian perspective….anything to stop the Left from emerging.
“We are aN ENGLISH SPEAKING Christian Nation founded by ENGLISH SPEAKING Christians yet equally tolerant and welcoming of non-Christians WE ARE NOT TOLERANT OF OTHER LANGUAGES OR RELIGIONS.

The Constitution - "Caucasian". There's your opinion from the left. The modern left, infatuated with government power with a democrat majority and a media that acts as a propaganda ministry, would leave out the 1st 10 Amendments aka the "Bill of Rights", guaranteed.

Shit, knowing what I know today…I would have written it from a far more authoritarian perspective….anything to stop the Left from emerging.
“We are aN ENGLISH SPEAKING Christian Nation founded by ENGLISH SPEAKING Christians yet equally tolerant and welcoming of non-Christians WE ARE NOT TOLERANT OF OTHER LANGUAGES OR RELIGIONS.

The Left does appreciate America’s comparative level of tolerance relative to other Nations. The Left loves to wallow in America’s brief history with Slavery yet fails to give the US credit for evolving from it. Instead, the Left praises third world dictatorships who wag their finger at US - yes, I’m referring to the UN which I am forever convinced that it was created as America’s apology for greatness and exceptionalism.

The Constitution - "Caucasian". There's your opinion from the left. The modern left, infatuated with government power with a democrat majority and a media that acts as a propaganda ministry, would leave out the 1st 10 Amendments aka the "Bill of Rights", guaranteed.

It's like the Filibuster rule ... It didn't just appear out of thin air.

The President at the time told both Houses of Congress that their rules really sucked, and they needed to clean them up.
During the process of cleaning up their rules the Senate wrote a rule that negated another rule,
but then created a loophole that made the Filibuster rule possible.

It's always about the power the Federal Government wants to grant itself, and the lengths our Representatives in Congress will go to in order to get it.
Then people bitch about the mess they have made, all the loopholes and abuses they suffer,
because they want/wanted something that was never intended in the first place.

Americans for a start. The wording is so ambiguous, so 1700's.

It always is when you take things out of context ... :thup:

When the Bills of Rights was ratified by the States and the American People in 1791 ...
It was legal for a private citizen to own a fast-sailing ship with 8 cannons.

Do you think that was for going to range on the weekend or maybe getting in a little deer hunting?

A lot depends upon the nature of the drafting committee...

1. If the committee is mostly White Euro folk, then it would probably look one way...

2. If the committee was dominated by minorities, then it would probably be much different...

3. If the committee was race-quota based, then it would probably look a lot like (1) but with some concessions to minorities
why would the color of your skin have anything to do with how you would write the Constitution?

Forum List

Back